Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Governor Palin's Experience the reason she is afraid of the press?
Yes. The Governor feels she has nothing to gain from speaking with the Press regarding her experience. 49 73.13%
No. The Governor doesn't need to talk to the Press, her experience qualifies her for the job. 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
great I became sexist now...go straight for the gutter....do you work for the press?
No, he works for the RNC.

He dreamed this one up right after he tore open some bags of to-be-transported flags and snapped pictures of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 07:58 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,580,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
check out Obama's vote on that before you shoot your mouth off
he voted only 18% against these
Obama isn't beating his chest about how he's fighting earmarks, or making it a key part of his "change" platform (as opposed to McCain's "change" platform). He's also not tried to hide anything about it. Since most legislators engage in some degree of pork-barrelling I'll probably take one who's honest about it over one who's not.

This topic is not about Barack Obama. This topic is about Sarah Palin.

5,696 posts, read 6,213,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Seems like the popular Governor should have no problem expressing to the citizens how she got the 67% approval rating.

80% approval rating

8,299 posts, read 8,613,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No...I firmly stand by anyone under investigations of any kind stick to what their lawyer says.
So you are ok with never hearing anything from a campaigning politician's mouth? Only his/her lawyer's mouth? I can't believe that. I've read some of your other posts. I know you are smarter than that.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
As far as I am concerned, if she does not appear on Meet the Press or Meet the Nation, I do not think anyone should vote for the McCain/Palin ticket.
Why would you vote for anyone who will not appear before the press and
answer questions about the environment, immigration, foreign policy and relations, education, the economy, crime, drugs, taxation, and yes, her religious philosophy. etc.... It's called the "issues". Every one has had to answer these tough questions, why not her? In fact, it is a tradition.

What has this process become. First, McCain elects someone from a state with less population than any medium sized city in America, a mayor from a town of 8,000 and the American people are to blindly vote this person on a ticket to be the leader of the U.S. if McCain who is the nation's oldest presidential candidate would die in office or become incapacitated?

McCain is irresponsible. Republicans are irresponsible. And any one else that
would vote this ticket. You either do not care about your country or you
have lost your mind. I think McCain already has. This election has become an embarrassment and a circus.

And if Palin was not clearly vetted by the McCain camp, there should be
some kind of penalty against McCain. I could care less about her family.
But I care about mine, and the dangerous road this country is on.
No Meet the Press/Meet the Nation for a VP - not in my America, not my vote.

OMYGOSH
here is a perfect example of how the liberal press think the whole country
waits for their approval to vote.
If you care about your family, you might want to come on into the real world and quit letting MSNBC/NBC set your voting standard.
Good greif, Now THIS is SCARY!!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So you are ok with never hearing anything from a campaigning politician's mouth? Only his/her lawyer's mouth? I can't believe that. I've read some of your other posts. I know you are smarter than that.
No there is debates....you'll hear plenty from her mouth....I wish there would be more debates but I honestly would not talk to the media anyways they tends to thrash anything said.....All someone would have to do is just look down the long long list of news reports continually bashing her. There are a few good ones stuck in there.

The same reason that people are bashing her are the same reason they are bashing Obama, Biden, McCain.....maybe she's the smarter one.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Osborne View Post
right now the dem's are in shock & denial
leave them in their misery
carefull, they will bite

Yeh, they try too, but they do not have any teeth, they swollowed them when The GOV showed up!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Did you happen to watch the two videos of how easy it is to twist ones words into what you want to make of it.

YouTube - Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1

YouTube - Don't Talk to Cops, Part 2

Slightly different but exists for the same reason.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
And as a woman, I hope she holds her own. I'd honestly hate to see any woman fail in such circumstances, given the newness of a woman for such a position. But if she is going to hit the ball out of the park, she first has to step up to the plate.

well, she gets to name the time
not a bunch of yahoos!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,613,878 times
*tick tock*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections