Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,735,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Did you watch that mess of a speech?
People her say "we have drank the kool aid"
What is your excuse?
Ok he's not the greatest speech giver. But he's the only one that has the capacity, and experience to know what needs to be done. Obama doesn't have enough experience, and has never ran anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Ok he's not the greatest speech giver. But he's the only one that has the capacity, and experience to know what needs to be done. Obama doesn't have enough experience, and has never ran anything.
Neither one has been an executive. That was the line when people were asking about Sarah Palin's credentials. What gives?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:32 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
There was something very telling in McCains speech tonight. He said "We must catch up with "History". I wish he would catch up with the "here and now" first and then maybe he can move to the future.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,687,081 times
Default do you remember?

Maybe for those who can not remember the war and the POWs and MIAs his story is not so powerful. I can clearly remember as a child the nightly KIA count from Cronkite. I can also remember them including McCain coming home. We knew they were being tortured without mercy. I hope their stories will be renewed with the speech tonight. We must never forget. For me, it could be Mickey Mouse and Daisy Duck, I vote Republican.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,066,257 times
I think McCain is a person of great character, lots of wisdom compared to your average politician, but I'm also confused why he is advancing the same tired issues- tax cuts, school vouchers, "free markets". Those things have failed, John. Yeah, it's great you are a "War Hero", but as Yoda says, "Wars make not one great".

Also... If John McCain "hates war", his words, why does he want to visit suffering and pain on the people of Iran? I can admire John McCains sacrifice for something he believed in, for standing by his comrades in captivity, but the cause he was fighting for was thoroughly misguided Fighting for Ngo Vinh Diem's sick, twisted government was immoral. Diem used CIA-trained goons to terrorize and suppress the rights of the people to choose their own government. Why can't John McCain see all sides to that issue?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,831,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
THE MAVRICK....

WTF?

Why did that guy have it on the sign spelled in that way? lol.
That was the capstone to the 2008 presidential election. I was hoping McCain would personally walk down and help that poor illiterate soul right then.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 PM

190 posts, read 681,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
For me, it could be Mickey Mouse and Daisy Duck, I vote Republican.
I wish, they would be more interesting.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
Well, there is one convert, anyway. My wife, who previously has had no interest in politics, was persuasively moved to the extent that she is registering to vote, so she can vote for McCain. She had previously touted Bob Barr, and before that, Obama. Now she thinks McCain is the best choice. She's never previously voted in any other election.

As for me, I was watching the Giants game (on TiVO) while this speech was live. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion. However, as it stands, I still intend to go third party.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,763,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Don't taze me bro.
LOL, where was he?! that would have been classic...

Old 09-05-2008, 07:29 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times
There were elements in McCain's speech that sounded alot like George Bush's speech when he ran in 2000. Bush said he would be a uniter and reach across to democrats.....sound familiar? Look what has happened after 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections