Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,257,618 times

Advertisements

If you are biracial and born in a state not connected to the lower 48, America needs darn near 2 years and 3 major speeches to “get to know you.”

If you’re white and from a state not connected to the lower 48, America needs 36 minutes and 38 seconds worth of an acceptance speech to know you’re “one of us.”

If you give your wife a dap on stage, it’s actually a “terrorist fist jab.”

If your daughter licks her palm so that she can slick down your youngest child’s hair on national TV it’s an “adorable moment.” (Seriously, forget about abstinence only, teach these folks some grooming skills).

If you spend 18 months building a campaign around the theme of "Change," it's just "empty rhetoric." If one week before your party's national convention you SUDDENLY make your candidacy about "Change," that's "red meat."
etc.:That Minority Thing » Blog Archive » The Conservative Palinguage Guide Vols. 1 and 2 (http://www.thatminoritything.com/?p=53193 - broken link)

Along the same lines of Repug hypocrisy, I apologize if someone already posted this, but I didnt see it - from Sept. 3, Jon Stewart with back-to-back hypocrisy, spins and lies from Rove, Morris et al. that will make you first laugh, then cry. Viacom removed it from youtube but here it is at Comedy Central: Sarah Palin Gender Card | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,206,699 times
Thanks! it's funny and true.

I like:

"""If you spend 18 months building a campaign around the theme of "Change," it's just "empty rhetoric." If one week before your party's national convention you SUDDENLY make your candidacy about "Change," that's "red meat." ""

I was wondering why no repubs here were talking about the

"C H A N G E "

theme of the convention and McCain's speech?????LOL!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Oh, it's late , I think I'll go change into my jammies......

Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,427,988 times
I'm sorry you folks are suffering so. We'll try to make it quick and painless. Only a couple more months to go.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,671,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If you are biracial and born in a state not connected to the lower 48, America needs darn near 2 years and 3 major speeches to “get to know you.”

If you’re white and from a state not connected to the lower 48, America needs 36 minutes and 38 seconds worth of an acceptance speech to know you’re “one of us.”

If you give your wife a dap on stage, it’s actually a “terrorist fist jab.”

If your daughter licks her palm so that she can slick down your youngest child’s hair on national TV it’s an “adorable moment.” (Seriously, forget about abstinence only, teach these folks some grooming skills).

If you spend 18 months building a campaign around the theme of "Change," it's just "empty rhetoric." If one week before your party's national convention you SUDDENLY make your candidacy about "Change," that's "red meat."
etc.:That Minority Thing » Blog Archive » The Conservative Palinguage Guide Vols. 1 and 2 (http://www.thatminoritything.com/?p=53193 - broken link)

Along the same lines of Repug hypocrisy, I apologize if someone already posted this, but I didnt see it - from Sept. 3, Jon Stewart with back-to-back hypocrisy, spins and lies from Rove, Morris et al. that will make you first laugh, then cry. Viacom removed it from youtube but here it is at Comedy Central: Sarah Palin Gender Card | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (broken link)

Too cute!!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,361,255 times
If you're a liberal and you have a baby and you go back to work 3 days later, you're a 'feminazi' and 'anti family'. If you're a conservative, you're 'committed' and a 'trailblazer'.

If you're a liberal and your teenager gets pregnant, you're 'breaking down the family' and 'mother of a sl*t'. If you're conservative, it's a 'learning opportunity' and a 'blessing'.

Ah, hypocrisy.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Thanks! it's funny and true.

I like:

"""If you spend 18 months building a campaign around the theme of "Change," it's just "empty rhetoric." If one week before your party's national convention you SUDDENLY make your candidacy about "Change," that's "red meat." ""

I was wondering why no repubs here were talking about the

"C H A N G E "

theme of the convention and McCain's speech?????LOL!!!!!!!!
I know! They steal - totally stole the "CHANGE" mantra as you and the link point out. They cheat. They lie and sneak and weasel - check out that Jon Stewart link up there (again I apologize if someone already has posted it somewhere). I know someone posted this, Campbell Whateverhernameis on CNN trying to pin down the slithery, slimy Tucker Bounds, it's an example:
YouTube - Tucker Bounds on Palin's National Security Experience

They're the definition of hypocrisy and everyone in the world sees it and knows it and laughs about it EXCEPT the Fox News "base," to whom this "vice-presidential nominee" is a complete, craven, slobbering pander. These Repugs are not "conservatives" - real conservatives are dismayed and embarrassed by this hideous lot. Although they admire the genius and, uh, audacity of the game.

I wish the RW "base" would watch those clips and others like them and finally admit to themselves they've been, are being, grossly insulted and manipulated. But - the machine has worked so well all this time on them, it's working still. It aint broke (yet). And they seem to love it. ("So hold me mom, in your long arms/Your petrochemical arms")

Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I'm sorry you folks are suffering so. We'll try to make it quick and painless. Only a couple more months to go.
I'm sorry you folks are so numb, and don't realize the whole planet thinks you're not very bright.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 PM

Ya, but they're bright enough to NOT want to discuss McCain's

C H A N G E

speech !!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:28 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,642,110 times
Lol...Great posts.

Governor Palin has proved to be quite astute at how Washington works when it's time to go a'beggin'.......

ALASKA HAS REQUESTED $589 MILLION IN PORK SINCE PALIN TOOK OFFICE & AS MAYOR, SHE HIRED WASILLA’S FIRST FEDERAL LOBBYIST TO SECURE EARMARKS FOR THE TOWN.Over $589 Million in Federal Pork Requests During Palin’s Tenure as Governor. According to Citizens Against Government Waste, www.cagw.org, under Palin’s tenure as Governor the state of Alaska has asked for $589,599,715 in pork barrel projects. [2007 and 2008 Pig Book, www.cagw.org]·
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections