Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:45 AM

372 posts, read 849,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
One of the saddest threads yet.....it's the 21st century , 2008, and people are arguing about the sex of an employee and what they should be paid based on whether they have a vagina or a penis......

This is the United States of America!!!! Somehow I would expect better but , guess not....

OK, carry on with your discussion of which is more immportant ...a vagina or a penis.........
I don't disagree that the topic is sad... but it's also a real life topic. Many pundits are discredting the VP Candidate's qualification/ability to run her office because she is a mother of five, despite the support system she has in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit
There are a lot of factors that are taken into consideration when determining compensation package. Potential is one of the criteria, with prior performance and future goals/objectives being key factors. I wouldn't necessarily say fertility is considered, but that commitment to the organization, desire for advancement, etc., would be. For example, you may have some women who are the primary bread winners and their husbands stay home with the children or women who choose not to have children. These individuals should not be penalized simply for being women of child bearing age.
That's exactly one of my points. VP Candidate Palin has been accused of abandoning her newborn 3 days after birth, by returning to her position as Governor of the State of Alaska. In my opinion this is an unfair accusation, but it has come from the right and left alike. I'm simply question the need for double-speak.

Last edited by DasNootz; 09-05-2008 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Yes. . . there has been much liberal gnashing of teeth over the sex of employees recently. If one lib, feminist woman comes on and tell us that Palin should stay home; pregnant and barefoot we will have come full circle.

Yes, we've come a loooong way baby.
I think that feminism just wants an even playing field. That said, there are many, many stories of male regret because they put their careers in front of their families and men have been criticized in recent years for not being more family centric. Jobs and families are in competition for parent's time.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Please reread my post.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/5136688-post9.html

Sorry to have edited yours but I'd like younger people to follow along with this discussion without being distracted.
EXCUSE ME!!!!!

DON"T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

YOU show YOUR WORDS AS MINE!!!!!!

THAT IS SO UNDERHANDED AND SLEAZY!!!!

DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN.

If you haven't enough brains to post your own HOW DARE YOU DELIBERATELY MISQUOTE ME!!!!!!!!!!

And could you please learn to SPELL it's genitals.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I think that feminism just wants an even playing field. That said, there are many, many stories of male regret because they put their careers in front of their families and men have been criticized in recent years for not being more family centric. Jobs and families are in competition for parent's time.
Keep in mind we are talking about a governor who gave away the perk of a personal, in-house ($100K?) chef so she could be more involved in her family.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Keep in mind we are talking about a governor who gave away the perk of a personal, in-house ($100K?) chef so she could be more involved in her family.
Choices, all choices. If that works for her great. No criticism and no pat on the back. Just choices. In my neighbors house, she does not cook, because she is working the homework detail, but she has the 16 year old boy cook. Works for them, but she would love a cook so she had more time to do homework, church work and exercise with her kids. So it just choices.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 AM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Default My sincerest apologies

Quote:
EXCUSE ME!!!!!

DON"T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

YOU show YOUR WORDS AS MINE!!!!!!

THAT IS SO UNDERHANDED AND SLEAZY!!!!

DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN.

If you haven't enough brains to post your own HOW DARE YOU DELIBERATELY MISQUOTE ME!!!!!!!!!!

And could you please learn to SPELL it's genitals.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is it underhanded and sleazy? I said that I had done it and anyone interested could go back and read your original post. Or mine for that matter.

My reason for doing so was because I vehemently believe young people should get involved in the political process early and wording like that, from my experience, easily acts as a distraction.

Maybe I shouldn’t have done it and for that I apologize; also, sorry for misspelling genitals. If I was going to alter your post I should have at the very least spelled the word correctly. Ok, back on point…

Old 09-05-2008, 09:29 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,614 times
Yes she should get paid as any man would.

And yes, I believe she will put her job in front of her kids.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
How is it underhanded and sleazy? I said that I had done it and anyone interested could go back and read your original post. Or mine for that matter.

My reason for doing so was because I vehemently believe young people should get involved in the political process early and wording like that, from my experience, easily acts as a distraction.

Maybe I shouldn’t have done it and for that I apologize; also, sorry for misspelling genitals. If I was going to alter your post I should have at the very least spelled the word correctly. Ok, back on point…

Oh get off your arrogant high horse!

Mentioning body parts will turn the young'uns off politics???!!!!

WHO are YOU to decide what MY post should say?????

WHO are YOU to decide what "young people"(whatever THAT means) should read??????

How would you like me to decide what YOUR posts should read???Change a few words here and there to suit MY taste.????
Trust me, you wouldn't care for it.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 AM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Default Oh no she didn’t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Yes she should get paid as any man would.

And yes, I believe she will put her job in front of her kids.
Ouch! Grizz attempts to shield Sandycat, a fellow North Carolinian, from the wrath of those who assert that Mrs. Palin can maintain a healthy balance between family and career while holding the office of Vice President of the United States of America

Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Oh get off your arrogant high horse!

Mentioning body parts will turn the young'uns off politics???!!!!

WHO are YOU to decide what MY post should say?????

WHO are YOU to decide what "young people"(whatever THAT means) should read??????

How would you like me to decide what YOUR posts should read???Change a few words here and there to suit MY taste.????
Trust me, you wouldn't care for it.
Shhh if they don't know what they are called, lthey won't use them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections