Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 01:08 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
"A foot soldier for the political machine"?! You may want to go back and retake Jesus 101. He was the antithesis of his day's political machine (Roman Empire in cahoots with the Sanhedrin). Is really difficult to think for oneself these days, given the constant media bombardment, but taking a random definition given a present-day pop icon and applying it to a complex character from past millennia is kinda laughable.:
I wasn't relating it to Obama, just to the role in itself. Mccain and Obama are both boobs. Neither will do a thing to help the country. F**k the political machine. I care about the needs of this country, not of a party (of which I have no affiliation).

As far as Jesus 101, I would have to care about it to take it. Religion is a hoax in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:11 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I wasn't relating it to Obama, just to the role in itself. Mccain and Obama are both boobs. Neither will do a thing to help the country. F**k the political machine. I care about the needs of this country, not of a party (of which I have no affiliation).

As far as Jesus 101, I would have to care about it to take it. Religion is a hoax in my book.

So is politics. Willing to give it up?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 47,902 times
Default Oprah is scared of Palin

Today in Investor's Business Daily stock analysis and business news (http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id= 305420655186700 - broken link)

Please read the above article about Obama, serious stuff!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:19 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Anderson View Post
Today in Investor's Business Daily stock analysis and business news (http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id= 305420655186700 - broken link)

Please read the above article about Obama, serious stuff!
0 for two posting this link

Here you go:

Old 09-05-2008, 01:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
Oprah doesn't like her and has a right to especially if she wants Obama to win.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 PM

645 posts, read 910,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Palin is awfully conservative, IMHO. However, when have I ever found a candidate that perfectly represented my views? I don't think there has been one . . .

My point is that Feminists should point out where they differ w/ Palin on ISSUES, not criticize her b/c she is a mother who also happens to have a very important job. Now, that is just plain ridiculous and in total opposition to what Feminism means.
Are you talking about good old fashioned feminists or femi-nazis?

Where I differ is on the abstinence only sex education. I would advocate birth control education for 15, 16, 17 year old girl high school.

Where I differ is cutting programs for people with special needs. She cut these during her short tenor as govenor.

Where I differ is a woman's right to choose, i.e. notice how she said that "she was proud of Bristol's choice". If given her druthers she would change things so next time Bristol wouldn't have a choice.

Where I differ is that she is a proponent of teaching creationism in schools, I think this hog wash, and should not be taught in public schools. Save it for Sunday.

Where I differ is she is a global warming skeptic, she needs to read some quality scientific journals.

Where I differ is she is an opponent on key environmental issues, such as protecting the polar bear in Alaska, and is for oil and natural gas drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).

Where I differ is she stands with John McCain, who is opposed to affirmative action for women in public employment, public education and public contracting.

Where I differ is she is opposed to legislation fighting wage discrimination for women (the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act), is opposed to the Violence Against Women Act, authored by Senator Joe Biden [the Democratic vice-presidential candidate], and has a zero rating with women's rights groups.

So, as an old-fashioned feminist she will not receive my vote, whether she is a woman or not.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:51 PM

645 posts, read 910,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
LOL. Yeah, I'm no Dr. Phil fan, but maybe he needs to go straighten Oprah out too.
Who do you think launched Dr. Phil's career?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,862,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
LOL since when is being second to do something historic? Have we really lowered our standards that much?

I thought America was all about being #1?

The Dems managed to have a viable female PoUS and VP candidates before the Repubs and you are proud of this?
If you think Chisolm and G. Ferraro (sp?) were viable candidates you must admit that Palin is much more experienced. Or do you? Curious.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
There goes that east coast elite media bias picking on the poor little hockey mom.Why can't she be accepted by those evil MSM bullies!
Why do you think Rove picked her? You just stated the reason......palin has done nothing but throw out insults...but just watch when Biden or Obama throw a few back!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,147,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I had always hoped that a woman running for one of the highest posts in our government would be smarter than me. This is not the case with Palin. Unlike her, I've at least seen the world and lived abroad. Hey, I'm involved with the PTA and am "just an every day soccer/hockey mom". So perhaps I should run for office too?
No, you can't. You haven't been a community organizer. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections