Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM

183 posts, read 255,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I mostly offer my rather informed opinion here. And slanted as that opinion may be it is buttressed by participation in 8 presidential elections and almost 30 years of education and experience in politics at all levels. What the OP here does is daft and inane. It would be like me going to fox dot com coming back with a piece writtin by hannity about why war in the ME is good. No one cares about hannity's opinion except his sycophants and they would even care less that I drag the garbage back here.

If the original poster wants to offer their opinion i'd be much more willing to listen to that than the yellow journalism C&P from liberal central followed by an assertion that its proof of something
While we're all greatly impressed by your credentials, gsoboi has the right to post as much as you, me or anyone else.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 02:33 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Once Hillary gets out on the trail, the Palin excitement will wear off pretty quickly.
I think Caribou Barbie will run away even farther than Alaska when this sh*t hits.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
why do you drag unobjective, biased fluff pieces back here and post them as if everyone else wants to be brainwashed like you are. Stop posting useless threads that no one cares about. Go into some thread where legitimate debate is being conducted, do not respond, read only and learn something. In five or ten years you will be ready to enter the fray
Talking about entering the fray:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/06/us...-healy.html?em
ST. PAUL — The names at the top of the ballot on Nov. 4 will be McCain and Obama, but the juicier battle this fall for an important group of swing voters — white working women with children — may be fought between the other two stars of the Republican and Democratic conventions, Sarah Palin and Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Can you say Hillary?
Woot Hillary!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
While we're all greatly impressed by your credentials, gsoboi has the right to post as much as you, me or anyone else.....
Gsoboi has the Anchorage Daily News bookmarked on his computer and has access to multiple laundry sites where Palin dirt is being removed.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
hillary has pretty much lost her effectiveness by being dismissed by her own party, which i think is a shame.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:42 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,931 times
I support Hillary

WOOT Hillary!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Once Hillary gets out on the trail, the Palin excitement will wear off pretty quickly.
Ooooooooooh ....... I wouldn't count on that if I were you. Hillary is yesterday's news; Palin is tomorrow's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I agree Palin is no Hillary - That's why I prefer Palin...
I'm with you. Love Palin's attitude so far. I don't know her yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Everyone seems to think we won't be seeing her much, but I think they're wrong. She had to deal with the Convention and now has to get up to speed on the direction of the campaign.

Believe me, no way the Republicans will be keeping this lady (who is loved by 80% of her state) on the back burner. She'll be front and center in no time. Watch out!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:27 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
which is exactly why its important to vote democrats this year, unless you want 4 other years of hell. Of a failed war, that could have been prevented us loosing hundreds of billions of dollards.
Obama wants 100,000 new troops.

Where will he get these men and women? A new conscription law? Mandatory military service? Bigger signing bonuses?

Obama Would Send 100,000 Troops…Why Am I Not Surprised. « the HNIC Report

Barack Obama the War Monger

"Obama wants to invade Pakistan, the most dangerous place in the world."

"Barack Obama will carry us into a suicidal conflict."

"Obama wants to add almost one-hundred thousand new troops to the U.S. military."

blackagendareport.com - Barack Obama the War Monger

Old 09-05-2008, 05:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Quote:
I mostly offer my rather informed opinion here. And slanted as that opinion may be it is buttressed by participation in 8 presidential elections and almost 30 years of education and experience in politics at all levels. What the OP here does is daft and inane. It would be like me going to fox dot com coming back with a piece writtin by hannity about why war in the ME is good. No one cares about hannity's opinion except his sycophants and they would even care less that I drag the garbage back here.

If the original poster wants to offer their opinion i'd be much more willing to listen to that than the yellow journalism C&P from liberal central followed by an assertion that its proof of something
Can't recall seeing your name on a Presidential ballot.....hmmmm.

It's Great to see women on the campaign trail who have a proven record of supporting this Nation and women's issues. We've come a long way in this regard and we need the Champions of the movement to get out there and speak up so that future Generations have an understanding of where they're from and the sacrifices that were made to get them where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections