Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times

Advertisements

If anyone really gave a crap about these "approval ratings" there would be a lot more turnover and more 1st term congress people than there are. Shows how much these polls really mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then, shouldn't the President's and the Congress' approval ratings be at least somewhat close? People favor the Pres over the Democrat-controlled Congress nearly 2 to 1.
No, because the Congress has members of BOTH parties.
The Democrats are unhappy with Congress because the remaining Republicans can keep any "progress" from occurring, while the Republicans are unhappy because Democrats are the majority.

Thus BOTH sides are very unhappy with Congress - though for very different reasons.

There are very few Democrats happy with their progress in Congress - but that does NOT mean they will vote for a Republican for Congress. On the contrary, it reflects a desire for MORE Democrats in Congress so that the deadlock can be broken.

You are taking the wrong message from the poll.

Ken

Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Sorry Tubor thought you would be on this by now.
I warned people yesterday that might happen. Oh well since you posted it I guess I will now have to expand my repetoire on Palingate to other publications other then the Anchorage Daily News etc. Need to decide how to handle the Enquirer stuff? Probably need to link as you suggest it is tightening up. Man the stuff they have about the prego war is so tempting.
People can search the Enquirer web site themselves. They are getting cocky with the McCain folks and saying bring the law suit on. They evidently are talking to the other side of the family who is sharing the dirt. Thus soon we will all be able to watch family feud play out and decide who to believe.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Shoot....don't hold back....attacking families is what we want to see from the dem's...

Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Maybe TuborgP finally realized that the only numbers that matter are the ones after election day.
Nah like everyone else around here I print what I want and not what I don't want. Remember who first started a thread and was slammed for it on Whooose the Baby Mama rumor. Not true but teasingly close. There was a pregnancy that was being covered up.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Shoot....don't hold back....attacking families is what we want to see from the dem's...
I learned it in here from all the Michelle attacks. Hey did people discuss Britneys sister teen pregnancy? Did Democrats s have company?
Just look at all the links from a Google search! Are they all Democrats? Note the first one it is not about the pregnancy but about the gift the Spears sister sent the Palin daughter this week.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Lordy the Dems were running amuck in CD back in December destroying the Spears family:
News, Report: Britney Spears' 16-Year-Old Sister Jamie Lynn Is Pregnant.
Just read the thread and the identified Democratic posters who still have no shame.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
2.6% spread. I believe that's within the margin of error.

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Old 09-05-2008, 03:09 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The numbers I found interesting...

The President's approval rating - 30.4%
The Democrat-controlled Congress' approval rating - 17.8%
The percent of responders who believe our country is headed in the right direction - 18.8%, very reflective of Congress' approval rating.
Yes, but again, the only people getting kicked out on their asses, are from the right side of the aisle. To me, this is extremely telling for November. This are historically red districts, that went blue.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:13 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The 17.8% approval of Congress is the approval rating of ALL of Congress - not just the Democrats in Congress - and mainly is indicative of unhappiness with the current deadlock.

And since the Democrats in Congress have not really done anything yet, the direction of the country is the same direction is was in when the Republicans were in charge of Congress - and are STILL in charge of the White House.

Ken
They have done something. Spent a lot of money on pork. They made sure to do that first thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections