Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM

351 posts, read 488,090 times

Advertisements

Voters Not Sure About Palin... | Political Lore .com

Excerpt from the article (polling done by Rasmussen):

Overall, 51% of the voters think she was the right choice while 32% say she was not and 17% are not sure. She does better with men than she does with women, getting a yes from 55% of the men 48% of the women. An equal amount of men and women - 17%- are not sure. She has won over the Republicans getting a yes from 81%, no from 10% with 9% unsure. However, with the Democrats she gets a yes from 26%, no from 54% and an unsure from 26%. She is not winning over the Hillary Clinton supporters like it was thought she would. She fares a bit better with the third party and independent voters getting 52% yes, 25% no and 23% still not sure.

Experiment: failed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,023,312 times
Quote:
Experiment: failed
If wishes always came true. It's a little early to declare that, don't you think? I mean, I wouldn't want you to look silly.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,077,806 times
Oh, I'm sure.

I'm sure I'm not voting for her.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If wishes always came true. It's a little early to declare that, don't you think? I mean, I wouldn't want you to look silly.
No, not too early. The Republican party had three options with their VP pick: focus on the independents, sway the Clinton supporters or shore up the far right. In their infinite wisdom, they decided to hit two with one stone.

If they can't get the Clinton voters in the first week when people think that she's god's gift to the Republicans do you really think she will be more appealing to Clinton voters as we find out more about her? You know the far left, pro-choice democratic voters that stomped for Hillary?

Not going to happen.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 PM

365 posts, read 693,350 times
Well, as an Independant voter, she has mine. Hilary never did.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Well, as an Independant voter, she has mine. Hilary never did.
So, obviously you aren't who we are talking about then, huh?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:59 PM

365 posts, read 693,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
So, obviously you aren't who we are talking about then, huh?
I would be right about here... She fares a bit better with the third party and independent voters getting 52% yes, 25% no and 23% still not sure.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 14,501 times
She is way to conservative. She would outlaw abortion even in case of incest or rape....Her daughter was given a choice to keep the baby but she would take any choice away from your daughter, even if raped?...Received more pork in Alaska than ever before by hiring high power lobbyist....She was For bridge to no way before against & then cancelled bridge BUT KEPT THE MONEY....Not qualified in foreign policy....Never got a Passport until last year....Putin would eat her alive.....Investigated for abuse of power.....Wants to take Polar Bears off indanger species list....doesn't believe in global warming....Tried to get books banded from local Library....She doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work......She is not the right person for the job....no one should be picked just because of their gender.....McCain is pandering to women and think women are stupid that they will just vote for her because she is a women. No Way No How No McCain/Palin

Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 PM

And you better believe that this "pandering" is noticed and is not going over very well. There is nothing worse than squandering an opportunity to make history with a under qualified substitute. It compounds the glaring truth that Republicans don't take women (or minorities) seriously when it comes to elected political office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections