Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:45 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times

Advertisements

Interesting article that I’ve read in today’s newspaper that won’t get much attention in the news because of the election that I’d like to share with you.

News that didn't make the front page!

Robert Ney ~ R of Ohio
John Doolittle ~ R of Calif
Michael Scanlon ~ press aide for Tom Delay
John Albaugh ~ press aide for R Ernest Istook of Okla
Italia Federici ~ co-founder of the Council of Republicans for environmental advocacy
Steven Giles ~ deputy of Interior Secretary for Bush
Tony Rudy ~ aide to Tom Delay
David Safavian ~ the Top Bush Admin. Procurement Official
William Heaton ~ Chief of Staff for Ney
Neil Volz ~ Chief of Staff for Ney
Mark Zachares ~ Aide to R Don Young of Alaska
Roger Stillwell ~ former Interior Dept Official
Adam Kidan ~ business partner with Abranoff
Tom Delay ~ R Texas
Mr Abramoff ~ R lobbyists for our congress.

There maybe more on the list of criminals and more that will be uncovered soon, but for now this short list shows me who in Washington is on the take and connected with criminal actions. I don’t know ~ maybe I missed seeing any of the D’s on the list but this is all that I could get from the newspaper article.

Guess ~ we don’t need four more years of the same Washington criminals, eight years was enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 03:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Interesting article that I’ve read in today’s newspaper that won’t get much attention in the news because of the election that I’d like to share with you.

Robert Ney ~ R of Ohio
Italia Federici ~ co-founder of the Council of Republicans for environmental advocacy
Tom Delay ~ R Texas

There maybe more on the list of criminals and more that will be uncovered soon, but for now this short list shows me who in Washington is on the take and connected with criminal actions. I don’t know ~ maybe I missed seeing any of the D’s on the list but this is all that I could get from the newspaper article.

Guess ~ we don’t need four more years of the same Washington criminals, eight years was enough for me.
You DO know that now the repubs will trot our "But Clinton"...as if that had anything to do with the election.....

I think they feel that if Clinton "did it" then it's OK

Old 09-05-2008, 03:55 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,344,463 times
I think both parties are loaded with people that would steal money out of your wallet/purse if they could .

The average person on the street has greater ethics than most of the politician's in BOTH parties.

I like Obama and Mccain as people .
I disagree with Mccains agenda or lack of it and think he is running for Pres because he wants the power for sake of power. He will be same ole same ole .

Obama I agree with most of his platform and feel he is running for President to make changes that are needed and over due.

But the parties themselves are rancid .

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,344,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You DO know that now the repubs will trot our "But Clinton"...as if that had anything to do with the election.....

I think they feel that if Clinton "did it" then it's OK

lol how true.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
Quote:

Robert Ney ~ R of Ohio
Tom Delay ~ R Texas

Great post, I couldnt give you more + rep yet---

Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,237,325 times
Quote:

There maybe more on the list of criminals and more that will be uncovered soon, but for now this short list shows me who in Washington is on the take and connected with criminal actions.
Yeah, you missed William Jefferson, D - La, protected by Speaker of the House.

The only way the swamp in DC will get sufficiently drained is at the ballot box. Eight years has got nothing to do with it. This has been going on for DECADES.

Congress... 535 reasons to support term limits. NEVER vote for an incumbent.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM

745 posts, read 1,298,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
...I think they feel that if Clinton "did it" then it's OK...
Someone tell the Repubs Bill Clinton created 22 million jobs, so it's OK for them to go ahead and try that too.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:10 PM

Well then lets allow the republicans to continue for another four years of crime. Clinton did his thing with the D’s and out of Washington,,,,,, guess it’s time for looking at the R’s for a change and out of Washington. It would be hopeful that the D’s would bring some change to what's been there for the past 8 years. Just interesting that it didn’t make the front page today, probably because this is OLD news and they wanted to make more room for McSame under the headlines. LOL

What "change" is Rep John McSame going to give us that we didn't already have for the past 8 years?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Someone tell the Repubs Bill Clinton created 22 million jobs, so it's OK for them to go ahead and try that too.
Do you mean the time in history when the nation wasn’t in debt and majority of Americans had jobs? The same period of time when people owned homes, had incomes, enjoyed peace without an illegal war, where veterans didn’t come home injured or worse, when they had health care. Is that the period of time we’re looking at?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
Quote:
Well then lets allow the republicans to continue for another four years of crime. Clinton did his thing with the D’s and out of Washington,,,,,, guess it’s time for looking at the R’s for a change and out of Washington. It would be hopeful that the D’s would bring some change to what's been there for the past 8 years. Just interesting that it didn’t make the front page today, probably because this is OLD news and they wanted to make more room for McSame under the headlines. LOL

What "change" is Rep John McSame going to give us that we didn't already have for the past 8 years?

Mccain will bring change- more corporate welfare. He advocates tax cuts for corporations ONLY. I guess no one has learned that yet....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections