Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:00 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Nowhere in that story, Tuby, is there any mention of "windfall profits tax." Only in the "Ads by Yahoo" at the end of the story is there even a mention of "windfall." In fact the money is coming from "the state's oil royalty investment program." Another falsehood on your part. Damn the bad luck.
This is your own personal link to once again show how easy it is to setup Republicans to challenge you and then post links showing how limited they are in research and knowledge on the critical issues facing our nation.

KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | 25 percent tax rate gains traction
UNEAU, Alaska -- There appears to be another momentum shift at the capitol on how much to tax oil production.

A new interactive computer model is driving the push for a higher rate.

At the beginning of this week, it was doubtful whether the legislature would increase the current net profits tax of 22.5 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:11 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
This is your own personal link to once again show how easy it is to setup Republicans to challenge you and then post links showing how limited they are in research and knowledge on the critical issues facing our nation.

KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | 25 percent tax rate gains traction
UNEAU, Alaska -- There appears to be another momentum shift at the capitol on how much to tax oil production.

A new interactive computer model is driving the push for a higher rate.

At the beginning of this week, it was doubtful whether the legislature would increase the current net profits tax of 22.5 percent.
I'm not going to argue with you. I simply pointed out your falsehood with your initial post. Now who is on the defensive?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I'm not going to argue with you. I simply pointed out your falsehood with your initial post. Now who is on the defensive?
I pointed out that your falsehood was just that for all to see and did it with a

Ya know I am still your friend but when challenged I put on the lipstick and come out Palin. Now with the link my original calling it a windfall profit tax is corroborated and your post debunked, unless you have a link saying Alaska has no such tax. I have many using that language. Heres one thats even better that I was holding onto for another purpose.

Palin and Obama Have Pushed Similar Plans to Raise Oil Taxes - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20080904/pl_cq_politics/politics2943975 - broken link)
As oil prices rose, two prominent politicians proposed strikingly similar initiatives to raise taxes on the oil industry and send money to struggling consumers. Now, both are running for national office -- on opposite tickets.

As governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin pushed a proposal through the state legislature that mirrors what Barack Obama is proposing on a national scale.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,133 times

Hear Gov. Palin herself.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I pointed out that your falsehood was just that for all to see and did it with a

Ya know I am still your friend but when challenged I put on the lipstick and come out Palin. Now with the link my original calling it a windfall profit tax is corroborated and your post debunked, unless you have a link saying Alaska has no such tax. I have many using that language. Heres one thats even better that I was holding onto for another purpose.

Palin and Obama Have Pushed Similar Plans to Raise Oil Taxes - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20080904/pl_cq_politics/politics2943975 - broken link)
As oil prices rose, two prominent politicians proposed strikingly similar initiatives to raise taxes on the oil industry and send money to struggling consumers. Now, both are running for national office -- on opposite tickets.

As governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin pushed a proposal through the state legislature that mirrors what Barack Obama is proposing on a national scale.
I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections