Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,045,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
I beg to differ....the stats show that McCain and Palin have been badgered by the press almost 3 x what Obama and Biden have been.
In one week??? That would be physically impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I dislike Palin immensely but I feel like CNN is being a bit unfair, the last 3 hours was all about Palin, I do not think that is fair, but there is some truth to the media favoring Obama
OK.......why exactly would you dislike Palin immensely .....your words when she has only been on the national stage just a little over 7 days..........

Are you atune to something the rest of arent?
Im not being snarky but asking a legitimate question.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:59 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,821,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
depends on what news agency your watching...
I watch NBC (CNBC, MSNBC) and CNN exclusively. The only objective one on CNN is Lou Dobbs and I haven't seen him in several weeks. That Cafferty guy makes me want to vomit.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
That's funny. Everyone at CNN was salivating over her after her speech, so she has certainly received her fair share of praise there since her coming out. But it can't all be praise. CNN isn't Fox News.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
I dislike Palin immensely but I feel like CNN is being a bit unfair, the last 3 hours was all about Palin, I do not think that is fair, but there is some truth to the media favoring Obama
They feel like she won't play ball. She came out swinging, but now won't give interviews. They're gonna go after that, regardless of who it is.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,821,323 times
I think it is a little ridiculous for them to expect her to be fully briefed in less than a week and truth be told most of them are only interested in tripping her up and catching her making a mistake.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
That Cafferty guy makes me want to vomit.
Ugh. Me too!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
OK.......why exactly would you dislike Palin immensely .....your words when she has only been on the national stage just a little over 7 days..........Are you atune to something the rest of arent?
I dislike her religious values and her backward ideas like teaching Creationism at public schools, her fanatic, extreme pro-Life approach, her ideas on sex ed and contraception. Also, the fact that her daughter Bristol is pregnant shows that she is not a good parent at all, in a nutshell, she reminds me of one of those fanatics out of that movie "Jesus Camp", I abhor religious extremism in any form or shape.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 690 times
Repubocrat - I feel exactly the same way. Religious extremism from other countries is the source of so many world conflicts. Why would it not be the same here, if we all became comfortable with the idea? I think Palin's ambition trumps all and any other considerations in her world, even family. Her lack of natural curiosity about the world, yet the arrogance of thinking she could govern a country in that world with such complex issues as the US's, is a scary scenario.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
She is talking trash and making it about herself and her screwed up family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections