Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,705,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
mccain will not enhance national security.
From what it sounds like, it sounds as if you are a hardcore liberal who has had their mind made up for months. You haven't said one positive thing about McCain, so why were you even considering voting for him?

I am not buying that you "just decided" who you were voting for after months of mental undecidedness.

Are you sure you just now decided who to vote for, because I am not buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 03:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE

NOT NOT NOT loose.

God that is awful and intentional bad grammar!
Are you serious?

Thanks grammar police...I'll keep myself in check...You always know when someone has it out for you....they come jumping in with no response to the post but start complaining cause one word has 1 letter to many.

Quote:
You should ask you "hero" McCain why he supports Fannie/Freddie bailouts.
I suggest you worry more about your own post unless you have a response to what I said.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:39 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Are you serious?

Thanks grammar police...I'll keep myself in check...You always know when someone has it out for you....they come jumping in with no response to the post but start complaining cause one word has 1 letter to many.

I suggest you worry more about your own post unless you have a response to what I said.
Yeah I'm very serious. This isn't the misspelling of a harder word like heirarchy or hierarchy or a typo of two words with different meanings (e.g. diary-dairy).

BTW, it's not a grammar error. It's an intentional misspelling of an easy word. Syntactically, it was sound. God, no wonder the Asians and Indians are eating our lunch

loose instead of lose is used by GenY teenagers because they are miserable failures within the educational system.

loose = NOT tightening
lose = reduce in value/misplace

Old 09-06-2008, 03:41 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
I like Congressman Paul as well. It's a shame the Republicans selected the worst candidates, but considering their judgment in recent years, it isn't surprising. Senator McCain's terrible record on veterans issues during a time of War, is atrocious and I suspect this is how he'll treat the citizens in general should he be elected. Senator Obama just has the most concrete plan for how to address the current issues and seems to have a better vibe with the concerns of the people. He'll do fine.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm very serious. This isn't the misspelling of a harder word like heirarchy or hierarchy or a typo of two words with different meanings (e.g. diary-dairy).

BTW, it's not a grammar error. It's an intentional misspelling of an easy word. Syntactically, it was sound. God, no wonder the Asians and Indians are eating our lunch

loose instead of lose is used by GenY teenagers because they are miserable failures within the educational system.

loose = NOT tightening
lose = reduce in value/misplace
Give it up.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:47 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Give it up.
heck no.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,169,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Bill Clinton is the reason 911 even happened, and the reason that everything came crashing down in Bush's presidency. Clinton didn't deal with ANYTHING, he just put everything off, so when Bush became president, everything that Clinton had been putting off came crashing down on Bush.
How can you make that claim? Bill Clinton started the secret rendition program that sent Al-Qaeda members to secret prisons run by the CIA in order to torture them. Bill Clinton had no reason when he was offered Osama to take him in. He had no proof that Osama had done anything. Even today, the FBI does not include 9/11 as the reason for keeping him on their top ten list.

And for those that don't know, Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus too.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,210,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
From what it sounds like, it sounds as if you are a hardcore liberal who has had their mind made up for months. You haven't said one positive thing about McCain, so why were you even considering voting for him?

I am not buying that you "just decided" who you were voting for after months of mental undecidedness.

Are you sure you just now decided who to vote for, because I am not buying it.

blinded by all that hardtalk on pork!

like i said the first thing i look at is fiscal policy. dubya was the most fiscally irresponsible president ever. i don't see anything different under mccain. bush has outspent and outborrowed any president ever. he's also done absolutely nothing to address our worrying trade deficit. with such a wonderful record i hardly call that conservative. as far as i'm concerned obama can't be worse spending wise than bush.

all things being equal fiscally i then move on to social issues. whilst not quite as far left as i'd like the dems win my vote hands down. it's on the social issues where the republicans hypocrisy is so outrageous
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

Old 09-06-2008, 05:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
see before it gets deleted.
http://www.steel25.com/therion/cartoon.jpg (broken link)
Great picture, but its a failed attempt at showing conservatives = over spending because anyone intelligent knows that congress spends money, not the president. We need a chart showing surplus and deficits for congress..

Old 09-06-2008, 08:20 PM

789 posts, read 1,335,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well Ron Paul's position on reducing much of the Federal government comes from his strict adherence to the United States Constitution. The dept. of Education for instance is something he believes should be handled at a state level instead of at a national one. Do you realize that the dept of Education was only created in 1979? Ask yourself, has the level of education in the United States improved or gotten better since Jimmy Carter signed into being?

FEMA was also created in 1979 under Jimmy Carter, so I have to wonder, how did the United States manage crisis before FEMA? Does the management of Katrina strike you as better?

The EPA was created in 1980, so again I have to wonder how much the environment has improved with the mere act of creating greater government bureaucracy. In the case of environmental issues, I believe Ron Paul wants to address these from a property rights position. I'll try to give an example.

I own a piece of property next door to a plant that makes batteries. If the waste of a battery company leaves their property at a level greater than is deemed safe, then it violates the property rights of others. (or something to this effect)

I certainly don't agree with all of Paul's positions on a number of things, but I can say this of Ron Paul, he is talking and attempting to address issues at their fundamental level. His approach as well as the topics he wishes to address are serious issues that many don't even understand, let alone wish to discuss in any detail.

I figure Obama is still going to win in a landslide, regardless of what the polls on CNN, Fox, NBC are saying, so I will write in Ron Paul as I have planned on doing a year ago.
I think these programs are horribly mismanaged but I think they are necessary. Part of the problem is that the President gets to decide who runs these programs and they usually choose people that have no business running them. I can't find any statistics other than this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Educational_attainment.jpg - broken link) which shows a halt in progress around 1979. I'll come up with my own plan soon so you can see how I think it should be handled - it's complex. It could see it handled at the state level but I think it would/could be better handled at a federal level, I'll explain later. Finland is one of the smartest countries in the world and their curriculum is handled by the Finnish National Board of Education which works under the Ministry of Education.

FEMA is horribly mismanaged and could definitely use a major overhaul. I would hate to see this being run by corporations because, well, I just don't trust them at all. How would it be payed for? Insurance or something else?

I believe that all of these programs are being horribly mismanaged and could all use an overhaul. I could definitely make these programs better, I'm just having a hard time explaining it right now. I suppose the biggest problem I'm seeing at the moment is faulty management because of unqualified people being appointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections