Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama off his game? Is he losing it?
Yes, Obama is off his game. 7 36.84%
Maybe. Obama seems off now, could be off his game. 2 10.53%
No, Obama is on top of his game. 10 52.63%
I do not know / other. 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:51 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,750 times

Advertisements

1) Obama is off his game. He doesn't smile as much. He is serious, angry all the time in his stump speeches now. Hope is rarely mentioned. Change comes in, but the ideas he offers are the 1970s Marxist-Liberalism that has failed. Nothing new. Crowds are getting smaller.

Negative attacks from the Obama camp are getting wilder by the day. The 95% pro-Obama media is freaking out at how Sarah Palin is drawing crowds twice the size of Obama's. Obama showed up in Ohio and had 27 people yesterdasy. McCain's fund raising (for get out to vote efforts) is still through the roof (even though McCain followed on HIS promise and took public financing, while Obama lied about taking public funds and went with private funding), while Obama has had a horrible fundraising month.

2) Intead of reaching to the center or the the center-right and picking a moderate or an independent for VP, Obama picks Biden. BIDEN! A guy who got less votes running for President than Sarah Plain did as Mayor of Wassila way back in the day!!! Obama, the #1 most liberal member of the US Senate, picks Biden, the #3 most Liberal member of the US Senate for 35 years. HOW IS THIS CHANGE????

You call that change?? Come on, even Obama's most fanatical base knows Biden was a horrible pick. Obama should have told his anti-American wife to hush up and told her that Hillary was the pick and be the man, not have Michelle call the shots from the background. Hillary could have won this Obama. Now it's too late, he blew it.

3) Obama is losing serious ground on key states, which include the Dem Strongholds of, states Obama cannot afford to lose in any circumstances: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, and maybe even Wisconsin. Keery held these states in 2004, but it looks more and more like Obama will lose at least one of these. So say Obama manages to carry Colorado or Nevada and Iowa, but loses PA. It's over he loses. Same thing with Michigan or Minesota.

Obama's arrogance led him to waste a ton of $$ in Red States like Montana and North Carolina. His crew said they'd "easily steal" red states from McCain. Really, I said?

Well, let's look at some new poll results and see what his ego and his millions of Dollars from George Soros and his slumlord buddies have accomplished

Here are some polls (9/9/2008) - all from RealClearPolitics:

Montana Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/montana/election_2008_montana_presidential_election - broken link)McCain 53, Obama 42 McCain +11
North Carolina SurveyUSAMcCain 58, Obama 38 McCain +20
Pennsylvania FOX News/Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/fox_rasmussen_polling/fox_rasmussen_swing_state_polling - broken link)Obama 47, McCain 45 Obama +2
Ohio FOX News/Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/fox_rasmussen_polling/fox_rasmussen_swing_state_polling - broken link)McCain 51, Obama 44 McCain +7
Virginia FOX News/Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/fox_rasmussen_polling/fox_rasmussen_swing_state_polling - broken link)McCain 49, Obama 47 McCain +2
FloridaPPP (D) (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_Florida_909.pdf - broken link)McCain 50, Obama 45 McCain +5 --> PPP is a DEMOCRATIC-run poll.
Washington SurveyUSAObama 49, McCain 45 Obama +4
Michigan Strategic Vision (R) (http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/09/sneak_peak_obama_leads_in_mi_w.html - broken link)Obama 45, McCain 44 Obama +1
Virginia SurveyUSAMcCain 49, Obama 47 McCain +2
Oklahoma SurveyUSAMcCain 65, Obama 32 McCain +33

My goodness, WHO could have predicted the Risen messiah would be only +1% over McCain in the Democratic strongholds of Michigan and Minnesota?!?!? How about only being +2% in Pennsylvania, another Dem stronghold?!?!!?

Folks, this ain't "Convention bounce". This is Sarah Palin bringing so much to the table and electrifying the USA. Independents are flocking to McCain.

4) Want further proof B. Hussein is off his game? Take Obama's latest gaffe, which should be made into a TV commercial in the next few days:

Palin's funniest lines in her acceptance speech and a speech she gave yesterday was "difference between a Hockey mom and a Pit Bull - lipstick". Today, a Dem Congressman intro Biden into the stage by saying "you cannot cover this record with liptsick".

Finally after an hour after Biden takes the stage, the risen messiah (a/k/a/ B. Hussein Obama) says, and I quote: "You can put lipstick on a pig, It's still a pig". The crowd began an outbreak of laughter, shouts and raucous applause. A crystal clear shot at Palin, and a nasty one at that too. This was a COORDINATED assault on Palin to try and draw attraction to Obama/Biden, who are out of the spotlight. This will cost Obama dearly. His "different kind of politics" message is ruined. Another exposed lie!

5) The Liberal media is so focused on destroying Palin by making up fake stories and fake photographs of her, that they are not covering Obama, the risen messiah, the new savior of the world, the way they used to. The liberal media is so busy attacking Palin, Obama has become a secondary story.

The liberal media is mocking Palin on all sides. They have already insulted Palin for being a woman, for having kids and a job, for being successful. They smeared Palin from all sides with fake stories like "Palin's down syndrome baby is really her daughter's". Insane stuff. They are mocking her, calling a successful Governor with an 80% approval rating - Sarah Palin a "stewardess" or a "dominatrix librarian freak". WOMEN who are not FemiNazis are moving to defend her and are angry at Obama and his Media cohorts.

6) The media is now starting to put the last nail on Obama's coffin. The Obama Media is now calling Palin a "despicable Christian nutjob". Attacking Palin's CHRISTIANITY!! Calling her a nut, saying she is an idiot for praying for her son's safety in Iraq.

Keep in mind, these "Christian nuts" as the liberal media call us, kept Bush in office in 2004. They will probably get so angry at this anti-Christian attacks that they will once again RALLY behind Palin. This is going to be great!

If the women and these "Christian nutjos" rally behind Palin even more, it will be a 60%-40% landslide win for McCain-Palin.

7) Now here is what it's even FUNNIER: Obama and Biden and the Obama media are bombarding Sarah Palin with attacks. These people see the THREAT Palin represents to Liberals, specially to the Obama-Biden ticket. They should be scared!!! Palin is amazing. She brings too much to the table.

FOLKS, WHAT IN HADES was Obama thinking, calling Sarah Palin, a "PIG"?!?! This guy is off his game, his Messianic aura has faded, the huge speeches are over, the excitement and momentum has shifted to McCain-Palin.

I am telling you, the Obama camp knows it's over. There is talk that the Obama camp might try to kick Biden off the ticket and add Hillary next month as a desperate attempt, but who knows if they will be able to even pull that one off.

Obama's latest book should probably be his last:

Last edited by Fun2Day; 09-10-2008 at 02:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 01:57 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Intead of reaching to the center or the the center-right and picking a moderate or an independent for VP, Obama picks Biden. BIDEN! A guy who got less votes than Sarah Plain did as Mayor of Wassila way back in the day!!! Obama, the #1 most liberal member of the US Senate, picks Biden, the #3 most Liberal member of the US Senate for 35 years.

You call that change??
We've had a Christian "conservative" Republican in office for the past eight years. If Obama, the "#1 most liberal member of the US Senate", and Biden, the "#3 most Liberal member of the US Senate" get elected, I would call that a definite change.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:02 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
We've had a Christian "conservative" Republican in office for the past eight years. If Obama, the "#1 most liberal member of the US Senate", and Biden, the "#3 most Liberal member of the US Senate" get elected, I would call that a definite change.
And thankfully, a good one. Perhaps Bush spent too much time in church and not enough governing? Obama looks like a man who is reluctantly ready to clean up the mess the Republicans have made of the country.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Bush is not a Conservative. He is a Neo-Liberal. He is a Neocon-Liberal mix.

How can the 2 top most-liberal Senators in 2007 be "different kind of politics"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
And thankfully, a good one. Perhaps Bush spent too much time in church and not enough governing? Obama looks like a man who is reluctantly ready to clean up the mess the Republicans have made of the country.
Bush is not a Christian. If there was a big Bush lie, that was his Faith. Palin is the real deal. She is a true Christian, she is a member of a church, she is so pro-life she gave birth to a child knowing it would be a Special Needs child.

That is a real Christian. Bush lied in that sense.

SO, HOW IS OBAMA "ON TOP OF HIS GAME"? Any ideas???

I am still waiting for your reasoning as to why/how Obama is making such huge gaffes and is still "on the ball".

Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 AM

Liberal Yahoo News states:

Analysis: Obama is back on defense against McCain - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Obama is on defense. Iraq is no longer an issue, America is clearly winning and starting to re-deploy troops to Afghanistan, with success in Iraq. That issue is dead for Obama.

He is left with empty promises. $1 TRILLION Dollars per year in ADDITIONAL spending and no way to pay for it unless the middle class is heavily taxed.

I really think today was his stupidest thing to say since his "inflate tires, no need for drilling" BS. The "pig" thing will cost Obama. Dearly.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:17 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
Quote:
Liberal Yahoo News states:

Analysis: Obama is back on defense against McCain - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Obama is on defense. Iraq is no longer an issue, America is clearly winning and starting to re-deploy troops to Afghanistan, with success in Iraq. That issue is dead for Obama.

He is left with empty promises. $1 TRILLION Dollars per year in ADDITIONAL spending and no way to pay for it unless the middle class is heavily taxed.

I really think today was his stupidest thing to say since his "inflate tires, no need for drilling" BS. The "pig" thing will cost Obama. Dearly.
We are not winning in Iraq, we are maintaining a high presence to keep the violence down, when we are home, I will agree we won. Our troops are not redeploying to Afghanistan until next year, so there is no change there. Considering your woman called herself a snarling dog in lipstick, I think you are off the wall on an old saying. Feel good for the next few days.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:26 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Bush is not a Conservative. He is a Neo-Liberal. He is a Neocon-Liberal mix.
You're the ONLY PERSON EVER I've heard say this. Just own up and admit he's a Neo Conservative, and so is the rest of the republican party.

I'm guessing you voted for the guy twice, feel chumped out (you were) and are angry that your own party has screwed you royally. It's ok to feel that way, but please don't try and sell your backwards thinking to the rest of us, nobody is buying it.

You break it, you buy it!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You're the ONLY PERSON EVER I've heard say this. Just own up and admit he's a Neo Conservative, and so is the rest of the republican party.

I'm guessing you voted for the guy twice, feel chumped out (you were) and are angry that your own party has screwed you royally. It's ok to feel that way, but please don't try and sell your backwards thinking to the rest of us, nobody is buying it.

You break it, you buy it!!!
Have you ever seen Lou Dobbs?!? That is his term for Bush and I agree on that.

You also must not get on this forum very often. I am one of many who call bush a Neo-Liberal. Bush a Conservative?!?! Pushing for illegal alien amnesty?? For allowing the tax cuts not to be made permanent when he had a chance? For being for and joining Bill Clinton in expanding NAU?!?! He is a fiscal and national security semi-conservative, that's all. But even on National Security, Bush has been very liberal. Only liberals get involved in Nation-building. Conservatives don't do that.

Get real. Bush is a mix of a liberal and some conservative ideas. He is a sell-out. I did not support him because of Immigration/ the borders. McCain also pisses me off on the Immigration issue. But compared to Obama who will knock down the borders altogether, McCain will have to do. Plus I am looking to the FUTURE, when Palin becomes VP and later runs for Prez. That is the strategy.

McCain is more of a moderate than anything. He is DEFINITELY no conservative.

Ps. I didn't vote for Bush at all. I oppose him on Immigration, that is the main reason. I am a social and fiscal conservative and Bush has failed to meet my expectation on both. Therefore, I don't support him. Immigration was the final drop in the bucket. Bush is a Neo-Liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
We are not winning in Iraq, we are maintaining a high presence to keep the violence down, when we are home, I will agree we won. Our troops are not redeploying to Afghanistan until next year, so there is no change there. Considering your woman called herself a snarling dog in lipstick, I think you are off the wall on an old saying. Feel good for the next few days.
You are in the same state of denial as Obama. The surge is a huge SUCCESS! McCain was right, Bush was wrong.

Oh trust me, I will feel much better on Inauguration Day. I am ready to see Palin break that glass ceiling and then 4 years later, become President.

Last edited by Fun2Day; 09-10-2008 at 02:39 AM..

Old 09-10-2008, 02:37 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
I cant believe that I actually read all of your points. I HOPE the CHANGE comes because I completely disagree with pretty much every opinion (far from factually) statement that you brought up. Go back through your points and instead of bashing Obama on your opinion tell me why I should vote for McCain. Better yet revise your points to actually tell me what issues you bring up (besides personalities and religous beliefs) that would make me vote against Obama without the smears.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:46 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Have you ever seen Lou Dobbs?!? That is his term for Bush and I agree on that.
Nope, he's always been referred to as a Neo Conservative for years now. The right can't own Iraq, they can't own their fiscal mess, and they can't even own their own party anymore. It's pathetic. Man up and admit you guys friggin blew it. You had your chance, voted for a moron for second time and now you're angry about it. When it's all said and done, it just shows what a group of utter cowards you are, trying to stick the "L" word rather than admit your many shortcomings.

Quote:
You are in the same state of denial as Obama. The surge is a huge SUCCESS! McCain was right, Bush was wrong.
Funny, for somebody who claims not to be a Neo Con you sure do parrot their party lines quite well. The goal of the surge btw, was not to "lower violence". In fact the true goals of the surge haven't been met, just as Obama stated. It is nice that violence has decreased, but again, that wasn't the goal(s) of the surge.

Quote:
Oh trust me, I will feel much better on Inauguration Day. I am ready to see Palin break that glass ceiling and then 4 years later, become President.
So far, she has a lot in common with Bush: Full of hubris, a liar and not too bright. As a Neo Con, you should be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections