Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 10:41 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,856,671 times

Advertisements

What a lame excuse she gave Charlie Gibson regarding her "mission from God" statement, and of course his follow up withered too quickly.

The following is a paraphrase because I don't feel like looking it and posting the link, but it's accurate:

CG: What about your mission from God, statement?

SP: I didn't say that!

CG: Exact quote

SP: uh, uh, it was in the spirit of what Lincoln said, "let us not think God is on our side, let us endeavor to be always on God's side".

As usual when the time came for some tough follow-up questions the SCLM laid down on the job!

Do you know what Lincoln was arguing here? and

Do you not see the difference between Lincoln's statement and your own?

Can you understand Lincoln's statement that "men are not often flattered to find a difference of purpose between the Almighty and them"?

Discuss how this statement might relate to your statements about God's will and Iraq, and God's will and the gas pipeline.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,175,599 times
She's a wiggler.

Knowing that she follows the advice of Lincoln, I suppose we can just throw habeas corpus out the window IF she were ever in the oval office. I hope Obama never invites her there.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,553,487 times
She is covering her tracks, that statement shows more than an inability to think rationally, it uses language from the 1860's that was uttered when a war engulfed this nation and its very existence was far from assured.

She would bring us back to that time with her way of thinking.

Religion is kept seperate from government (or is supposed to be) for a very good reason: One could use any justification they wanted to validate their opinion on the "blessings" it would receive from a heavenly father.

And in doing "His Will", you could be doing practically anything you wanted to.

Is it God's will to bomb Iraq back to the stone age?

These people are dangerous

Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,047,199 times
She was caught redhanded and had to say something that wouldn't make her look insane - to bad she failed...

Old 09-11-2008, 10:52 PM

5,169 posts, read 11,448,046 times
Agreed. Strange how people see muslim extremism as dangerous, but not christian extremism. They are both dangerous.

forum rules, please read them

Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,466,168 times
And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe—the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.

JFK is this ok to quote? Does he think he was god?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:14 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
hard right often attempts to explain that their will is in fact god's will.
and that it is our patriotic and religious duty to follow them.
more false prophets of a false war god.
this is not the christianity i know.
this is not the path of peace.
as to lincoln, for all his greatness launched the country in a blood bath
and the greatest invasion and exploitation ever experienced on
american soil as well as the demise of states and individual rights.
i am ready to move on how bout you?

obama 08

Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,708,248 times
God is not on her side, God has parted the clouds for King Obama to sit on his thrown, wave a magic wand, and turn every American into hard working prosperous people.

Then I woke up from my dream and realized that god is probably laughing at us as we sit here and scrutinize every word anyone says as if it matters at all in the scheme of life.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,856,671 times
ocexpo wrote;
Quote:
god is probably laughing at us as we sit here and scrutinize every word anyone says as if it matters at all in the scheme of life.
Hmmm, maybe if more people had scrutinized the words of GWB prior to the 2000 election we might not be in the c**p we're in now.

"Jesus Christ most influential philosopher"

"I'll cut $2 billion of expenses from Medicare/Social Security and increase revenues $2 billion and that will fix the $8 billion shortfall". (actually I can't remembe the exact numbers, but the proportions are correct)

"I'll have plenty of 'smart' advisors and I'll be listening to and following their advice". (Since he had never done this as governor why did anyone think he'd do it as President?)

Just a few glaring examples.

Of course these might have become legitimate points for discussion had the SCLM not been too busy spreading the BS about Vice President Gore "inventing the internet".

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections