Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times

Advertisements

I just watched the biography on CNN. You talk about a mentally tough man who has really gone thru the wars and personal strife that folks can relate to (at least as much as Palin tried to say she's just like "them" during her acceptance speech). I would say raising his sons, after his 1st wife died and waiting by design over 5 years until he married again. The brain anuyersum in 1988 and being in the foreign relationships commitee for over 30 years. Folks, learn more about this man and check him out. The plagarism charge, yea for use that was bad, however, he's shown a lot of things over 40 years to make up for that. That plagarism charge would hold more weight if he was only on the scene as long as Palin or even Obama.
Except for the credit card industry background, I like Biden.
Why in gods name are folks seriously, or too many of them, thinking Palin is more ready to take over, if something happened, the POTUS than Biden. WTFrick?
I was more impressed with Biden after watching his story, really learn about the man from a human point of view. I did not watch Palins, since with troopergate, teenage pregancy (could be in part by her close minded stance on sex), hiring unqualified friends, stalling investigations by claiming excutive priviledge, almost refusing to speak to the press and being only 2 years removed from being mayor of a town with 7000 folks (if mayor of a town of a million folks, than maybe that's ok), is enough for me to make my decision on her.
Think folks, the comparison is between Biden and Palin, is even more critical and polarizing than Obama and McCain, even though it's a Veep position.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-15-2008 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: more words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 04:14 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,825 times
Do you know when Joe Biden speaks today on the economy? I read over the weekend that he is supposed to deliver two speeches this week (the other on foreign policy, his forte) and that the first one would be today. I teach, so will be out most of the day, but would love to see him get some coverage...or at least a replay tonight.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:25 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,569 times
Default He is very good

Joe Biden is like the highly qualified white middle aged white male job applicant who is by far the best applicant but is passed by because all the employers want a younger hipper candidate in his or her 30s.

The time for highly qualified middle aged men has come and gone. If you are not a women or multi racial, you are nothing.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Unlike Palin, Joe Biden has a long presence in the public eye. And he's never gone into hiding for two weeks in order to get exhaustive coaching on how to answer reporters' questions on policy issues.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:59 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,863,589 times
I saw this too last night. I have tons more respect for him than I did before. I knew he was qualified, but he's really really qualified. He will make a great VP or Pres.

I think he talks in CO today/early this week about the economy.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
I will say first that I have always been impressed with Biden. I do have to wonder though why the way he raised his sons is considered so admirable and a sign of strength while Palin is raked over the coals for working while she has kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I would say raising his sons, after his 1st wife died and waiting by design over 5 years until he married again.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against women in leadership positions...if it's the right woman. Strong minded, highly educated women with national and international policy experience, such as Thatcher, Rice and Clinton were and are women that fit this bill. But Palin, the woman's a Joke.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,729 times
Listening to her speak right now.

She impresses the crap out of me. She will get things done.

Biden has had 36 years to do something and we are still paying him for nothing.

You would think after 36 years on the job you would have accomplished something in your life.

So yes, she is far more qualified.

Look at Bidens finances and tell me you want this man handling your money.

I say no. He cannot get out of debt himself, how can he help us get out of debt.

ZERO accomplishments for Biden for 36 years.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against women in leadership positions...if it's the right woman. Strong minded, highly educated women with national and international policy experience, such as Thatcher, Rice and Clinton were and are women that fit this bill. But Palin, the woman's a Joke.
I couldn't agree with you more....+1

Old 09-15-2008, 10:20 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times
If she is a joke I hate to see what a successful woman looks like.
Not to many can do what she has done. I admire her for what she has accomplished.
Jealousy will get you no where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections