Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

I'm able to provide a link. So it must be news.

Curious. Anyone's thoughts on this?

EDIT: Okay...to be mature about this, this is actually in response to a quick commentary I exchanged with another poster on how multiple "Obama is a criminal"-type threads are being posted with no backing or evidence, perhaps purely in order to drill the association into people's heads.

Anyone can claim anything...and anyone can "spin" a thread title (or headline). I just did.

I was going to also post a thread title "McCain flaunts beliefs of Christians, doesn't care whether he goes to heaven or hell" and then inserting a link to the whole "gates of hell" thing, proving that McCain not only doesn't care about going to hell but that he wishes to die and be with bin Laden...okay, you get the idea...Anyway, it would have been silly to create another thread just for this, so I skipped that and figured I would just edit this one to say what I want to say.

I find this whole vilification of Obama to be pure idiocy. It's one thing to say things that actually have backup, or even to spoof, laugh at, etc. candidates even in quite an intimate way, but quite another to scream of criminal activity, felony, treason--rather more serious than jabs at someone's hair or speculation on associations from decades ago--with absolutely not one shred of evidence...one. That is, plain and simple, a witch hunt, and a manipulation of people's reactionary emotions. It's b * ll sh * t. It's the ultimate in dirty politics and dirty campaigning. And it's just plain twisted.

People spreading lies of this caliber--of criminal-activity, arrestable, treasonous caliber--are taking things a step too far, IMHO. I find it sick...childish...and unbelievable.

Whew. Glad I got that out...

So anyway. In the meantime. What are people's thoughts about the information in the link? I mean as long as we're here...we may as well talk it out.

Last edited by JerZ; 09-17-2008 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
OMG McCain will be so ashamed that "you" broke this story on him.......
Wow! You are so amazing to have figured it out!

Now about Obama ..............
as an old saying goes............................

You lie with dogs,.................you get fleas.................

Or mange...........

Old 09-18-2008, 12:09 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I saw the other thread and my first thought was that no one would believe it if you did start such a story. McCain has never given any reason to have anyone doubt his love for his country.

A candidate that is more interested in talking to the enemy than he is in talking to the American soldiers is another story. I received an e-mail from a troop that was upset about Obama's visit. It said his only interest in the troops was to have his picture made with them. The e-mail said that beyond having his picture made playing basketball, he was not interested in the troops. I was not there, so I don't really know.

But I will tell you one thing I do know. McCain has done nothing against our government. When you have done as much for America as McCain, then you can start making up stories about him. You need to quit while you are just a little behind.

Most times I have clicked to the links provided by Obama supporters, I end up with a tracking cookie on my computer, so I didn't bother. Now I have to go run my virus scan.

Last edited by NCN; 09-18-2008 at 12:22 AM..

Old 09-18-2008, 12:30 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I saw the other thread and my first thought was that no one would believe it if you did start such a story. McCain has never given any reason to have anyone doubt his love for his country.

A candidate that is more interested in talking to the enemy than he is in talking to the American soldiers is another story. I received an e-mail from a troop that was upset about Obama's visit. It said his only interest in the troops was to have his picture made with them. The e-mail said that beyond having his picture made playing basketball, he was not interested in the troops. I was not there, so I don't really know.

But I will tell you one thing I do know. McCain has done nothing against our government. When you have done as much for America as McCain, then you can start making up stories about him. You need to quit while you are just a little behind.

Most times I have clicked to the links provided by Obama supporters, I end up with a tracking cookie on my computer, so I didn't bother. Now I have to go run my virus scan.
Sure they are but the liberal media wont tell you that and call you a lier because you said you got that e-mail too! If you go to places like military.com and just read what soldiers are saying it is so opposite of what is told to us here.
It is shameful.... the liberals are just pis*ed that McCains record is a good one and Kerrys was not!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Sure they are but the liberal media wont tell you that and call you a lier because you said you got that e-mail too! If you go to places like military.com and just read what soldiers are saying it is so opposite of what is told to us here.
It is shameful.... the liberals are just pis*ed that McCains record is a good one and Kerrys was not!
Uh...I think you missed the point of the post.

I don't really think McCain is hiding bin Laden. I mean come on.

Hope that helps.

Re-read, maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections