Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,299,822 times

Advertisements

Some of the things I read here every day are, frankly, SCARY. And they make me more sure than ever that Republicans have to get behind McCain and make sure he is elected. I'm really worried at the direction our country will go if Obama is elected and I don't think we can afford to go there - because of economics, because of national security, because we need to preserve the America our founding fathers created and fought for. Obama is a huge step in the wrong direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 01:45 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,455,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Some of the things I read here every day are, frankly, SCARY. And they make me more sure than ever that Republicans have to get behind McCain and make sure he is elected. I'm really worried at the direction our country will go if Obama is elected and I don't think we can afford to go there - because of economics, because of national security, because we need to preserve the America our founding fathers created and fought for. Obama is a huge step in the wrong direction.
You really shouldn't pay much attention to what the loony right wing sots post here....

Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times
Quote:
Some of the things I read here every day are, frankly, SCARY.
That's because they came out of someone's twisted imagination and from an M.O. of instilling fear.

Worked, didn't it?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:50 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,179,450 times
How again will McCain, whose co-chair was Phil Gramm, help our economy? How will he protect us? How will he defend the Constitution?

Please show your work.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,521,056 times
Because everything on the internet is real...

I just come to the conclusion that 80% of the people who post on the internet are looking for a reaction, 10% are crazy, the final 10% are being driven crazy by the other 90%.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 PM

3,954 posts, read 5,100,698 times
Default Fear of a black planet

Quote:
I always try to respect other people’s opinions and post but when I read yours I heard the Twilight Zone music in my head. You do realize the malaise we’re in right now don’t you? What do you think Obama could do to make matters worse?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:53 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,398,034 times
Quote:
We might end up like how it was in the 90s. Peace, prosperity, protection of rights, expansion of the middle class. That is scary. We should continue down the utopia the country has become since Bush was elected. Maybe the dow can go down to zero! Perhaps we can aleinate some more of our historic alies and get thrown out of NATO!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:54 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,495,261 times
Sounds like you are going to be very sad on November 5th.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 09-18-2008, 01:54 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,151,759 times
I almost agree with the OP. Here is my take:

Some of the things I read here every day are, frankly, SCARY. And they make me more sure than ever that Democrats and Independents have to get behind Obama and make sure he is elected. I'm really worried at the direction our country will go if McCain/Palin are elected and I don't think we can afford to go there - because of economics, because of national security, because we need to preserve the America our founding fathers created and fought for. McCain/Palin are a huge step in the wrong direction.

I really believe what I wrote above. It is amazing that two people can read the same information and come up with such different conclusions. Teatime and I both live in the same town and have agreed with each other on other forums (not political). I was surprised that she is supporting McCain. However, she is obviously intelligent and has obviously thought this out. I have too. And we came to different conclusions. This may show how close the candidates really are on the issues that matter or that the political divide in our country causes people on both sides to be unable to be objective.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:55 PM

658 posts, read 1,787,298 times
Quote:
What the hell is McCain going to do improve our economy or National Security? Start a commission? Invade Iran? Yeah, like that's really going to improve our nation.

Please in the 8 years McCain and his party have been in control, they've ruined this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections