Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:28 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times

Advertisements

GOP shouldn't knock community organizers

whats wrong with community organizers, andwhy would the GOP knock them. Mlk was a community organizer, how do they think they got in office? The community; not news networks!!

Quote:
Did anyone elsse get the sublimal message that community organizer to Palin has racial undertones? I am a white woman of 63 and have seen the need for community organizations to help people get a boot strap on to help themselves...She knew that Obama helped in the mostly black neighborhoods
Quote:
She and Gulliani demeaned community organizers...period. The comment had many so racial overtones to this it wasn't funny. Community = ghetto Organizer = activist. They might as well pulled out some nooses and got the sheets out. These people are clueless to what is going on in these same communities (of all races) that need people like Barack. Do they not recognize that some of our greatest leaders started out as community leaders
so whatwas with the community organizer diss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
It was a political dismissal of Americans working to better their communities on their own. Oddly, the very thing the true conservative party has always championed. A really, really stupid move on the part of McCain/Palin.

Community Organizers Fight Back

Old 09-20-2008, 07:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Community Aggitators - think ACORN - voter fraud, graft, that kind of thing.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:08 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,893 times
Some communities you just can't organize. But not a thing wrong with trying.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Community Aggitators - think ACORN - voter fraud, graft, that kind of thing.
How much do they pay you, Sanrene?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
How much do they pay you, Sanrene?
Who is "they"?

Oh, I get it. More of the "you must be a paid blogger" paranoid conspiracy theory. I asked you before, why don't you allege the same thing against your liberal brethen?

I see you don't want to take my most excellent advice and put me on ignore to save yourself the anguish of responding to my posts. Please do, I implore you.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:32 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,931,076 times

Old 09-20-2008, 07:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
GOP shouldn't knock community organizers

whats wrong with community organizers, andwhy would the GOP knock them. Mlk was a community organizer, how do they think they got in office? The community; not news networks!!

so whatwas with the community organizer diss?
Perhaps you should read up on Saul Alinsky.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who is "they"?

Oh, I get it. More of the "you must be a paid blogger" paranoid conspiracy theory. I asked you before, why don't you allege the same thing against your liberal brethen?

I see you don't want to take my most excellent advice and put me on ignore to save yourself the anguish of responding to my posts. Please do, I implore you.
No paranoia. No conspiracy theory. Marketing and political people have done this for years now: hiring people to go onto forums. In your case, I ask because you never discuss anything. You only post link after link, from questionable sources, trying to denigrate Obama. You rarely post anything in support of your own candidate. In fact, your mode of behavior is exactly like the McCain campaign: Search-and-destroy. Forget about the issues.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
I believe the community organizer 'diss' was a direct reaction from biden and obamas camp deriding mayors of cities below a population of 7000.

So what gives, dems? Why diss mayors of midsize towns? It's almost like they are trying to overcompensate for something.......remember boys, size doesn't matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections