Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,166,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
[color=Blue]We need someone WAAAAAAAY much more informed and intelligent then he likes of us.!!!!!
I'd settle for someone AS intelligent as myself or even sanrene.

But Palin can see Russia from Alaska.

alaska - Google Maps

By the way, did you know the distance from Juneau to Moscow is the same as Moscow to NYC? Interesting tidbit of geometry.

Juneau, AK to Moscow
4553 miles (7327 km) (3956 nautical miles)
NYC to Moscow
4680 miles (7532 km) (4067 nautical miles)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 07:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
She isn’t great but comes across better than Biden. He has plenty of experience but still acts like a dumb***.
Yes, and she's only been on the national scene a month or so.

She'll be just fine when she takes her place in the WH.

I mean, just look at the jewels Biden has given the McCain camp.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
I'd settle for someone AS intelligent as myself or even sanrene.
I assume you meant that as a compliment?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I assume you meant that as a compliment?
Assume away. I was trying to insult Palin.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:51 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,957,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
After seeing Palin on Katie Couric and hearing her answers, do you still believe she is the right choice? Do you think her answers were as terrible as everyone else does and why did Mccain have to correct her?

If you think she was great, where are the threads worshiping her? Please point me to them.
Because they are GOOD little KOOL AID drinkers.....

Old 09-25-2008, 09:19 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,990,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is because all of the Republicans are refusing to be polled. I got a call from Gallup today and I just told them that I do not answer questions over the telephone. Just keep taking all those polls. The one that counts is on election day. Do you think they put me down as an undecided?
What about people like me that don't have a home phone. There are a lot of people that don't have home phones, mainly younger folks that historically support the democratic party.

I know there is no solid fact to this. Just a thought.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:22 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,452,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I imagine she answered them better than any of us on this forum........She's a keeper.
And just how many of us on this forum are currently running for Vice-President of the United States? That the comparison between such a candidate and anyone on this forum is even made is a serious indictment of her performance.

Whether she answered the questions better than forum members could isn't the issue ... although I suspect there are forum members who could have done a much better job. Rather, did she answer the questions in a manner consistent with the kind and depth of knowledge most of us would reasonably expect of a person who could be a heartbeat away from being President?

The answer to that question is, hell no!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,452,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is because all of the Republicans are refusing to be polled. I got a call from Gallup today and I just told them that I do not answer questions over the telephone. Just keep taking all those polls. The one that counts is on election day. Do you think they put me down as an undecided?
Yeah, I've fielded a couple of calls like that, and I always participate. I tell them I'm a retired white dude (true), a staunch conservative (false), and a true believer in McCain/Palin (only in my worst nightmare!).

I agree - the poll that counts is on Election Day.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:28 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I know she was the right choice. And she's learning, ya know? And why would anyone with a sane mind point anything out to you, luv, you ain't a believer, anyway, are you?
She's learning? So you are confirming she does not have the experience. Thank you for that.

Your inability to just point me to a thread that says the interview was great is proof positive that it was not. Answering a question with another question........you may as well have said "I don't know".

I am a believer.....I believe we are all f****d once this election is over....regardless of who wins. That's something to believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections