Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:20 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,984,635 times

Advertisements

Great photos Gsoboi!! I'm jealous because I doubt Obama/Biden will come here to Maryland since Maryland's electoral votes are pretty much assured to go to Obama. I like your enthusiasm .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM

254 posts, read 329,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
How many people? Charlotte got 30k.

NC A&T is a traditionally black university, isn't it?

Like I said, Obama is making waves in urban areas across this state. I have real doubts about McCain being able to hold it this year. I have to admit it's a surprise to me. His support will have to come from the rural areas. And they have to vote.
and they will vote for him, you better join in so won't feel left out

Old 09-27-2008, 09:29 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
How many people? Charlotte got 30k.

NC A&T is a traditionally black university, isn't it?
What does the fact that A&T is a traditionally black university have to do with anything???

Old 09-27-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
You waited 6 hours to see Obama? Wow...you'll look back on this day in a year and wonder why you wasted a nice Saturday.

Did you wait long to see Gore or Kerry b4 they did their disappearing act?

I made a point of getting out of Greensboro today...was afraid the city would tip over with everyone crowding over to the left.
when you look back on the past 8 years do you feel ashame, ashame of what you have have done, ashame of what the republicans have done to our country

Last edited by r-rated; 09-27-2008 at 09:41 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I want to know if he said "get me some white people" to put in the background, as he is reported saying at another rally a few months ago.
he didn't have to because they were there, just like they were in the dem convention

Old 09-27-2008, 09:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,276,570 times
Did you feel like you were a groupie at a rock concert?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:34 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,508 times
Nice pictures.

As for the numbers coming out for Palin, its been confirmed a few times that McCain's camp has exaggerated numbers, sometimes based on secret service estimates (ss denies giving estimates) and sometimes by fire chiefs.

Jonathan Martin's Blog: Palin draws largest crowd yet for GOP - Politico.com

Quote:
Mike Tucker, a local fire marshal, estimated 60,000. But reporters on the ground, including AP's Brendan Farrington and my colleague Ken Vogel, would only say "tens of thousands," suggesting the marshal's estimate was on the high side. The St. Pete Times's Adam Smith had another fire official in the crowd say it was about 25,000.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash83 View Post
glad to see he's campaigning in a state he's going to lose
not!

Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Nice pictures.

As for the numbers coming out for Palin, its been confirmed a few times that McCain's camp has exaggerated numbers, sometimes based on secret service estimates (ss denies giving estimates) and sometimes by fire chiefs.

Jonathan Martin's Blog: Palin draws largest crowd yet for GOP - Politico.com
Mike Tucker estimated the crowd at 60k...but it was 25k. That's a nice exaggeration....kinda like saying that organizing a community qualifies you to be president.

Good job, Mike Tucker, you earned your Democrat stripes today.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,846,641 times
It is disheartening to see my state turning purple. Liberals move here in droves from areas ruined by democrat corruption and want to vote in the same type of people here which will ruin NC. This state was built on conservative principals(blue dogs and pubs), which directly led to it being a great place to live and do business. I fear the result of the exodus from the northeast and west. Please remember what you left when looking for a better opportunity in the south, we do not want it that way here. [/rant off]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections