Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:56 PM

973 posts, read 2,231,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Neither McCain nor Obama are on the committee to make the decisions/recommendations regarding this issue. McCain f'd up the original agreement that was on the table, even his own party said he's only muddying the waters. He's not in DC, he's in PA, on his knees begging Palin to PLEASE, pay attention to her teachers, PLEASE!!!

Come back on Monday when McCain is in Ohio handing out flyers instead of sitting outside the committees door, hat in hand and tell us how hard McCain is working with the members of Congress to fix this mess.
What are you smoking? House Republicans wanted nothing to do with a deal that included extra earmarks like the one for ACORN, and they wanted guarantees that this bailout was a loan to be repaid back to the taxpayers. McCain had nothing to do with the Republicans not agreeing to the original bailout plans. Keep watching MSNBC and listening to Barney Frank for more blatant lies on what's going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM

125 posts, read 187,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Which Barack Hussein Obama II do you believe?

YouTube - Yes Or No? Obama stumbles

So when Barack Obama tells you other things, do you think he is telling you the truth?
Neither one!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 PM

835 posts, read 1,323,506 times
Quote:
Neither McCain nor Obama are on the committee to make the decisions/recommendations regarding this issue. McCain f'd up the original agreement that was on the table, even his own party said he's only muddying the waters. He's not in DC, he's in PA, on his knees begging Palin to PLEASE, pay attention to her teachers, PLEASE!!!

Come back on Monday when McCain is in Ohio handing out flyers instead of sitting outside the committees door, hat in hand and tell us how hard McCain is working with the members of Congress to fix this mess.
What a lie....interviews since Thursday with Mike Pence, Boeher and Blunt all say McCain has helped by getting the Republican voice heard. McCain didn't break any deal up less than 25 senators supported the first bill Paulson's because it called for a bail-out not a loan. No Republican will vote for a bail out and even Obama doesn't support a bail-out. Might want to watch PMSNBC and that moron Rachel Maddow because even she has had Republicans on that said McCain has gotten Dem leaders to look at the bill the Republicans worked on....this was not happening until McCain showed. Offer proof or you are guilty of slander which is illegal by the way.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
What are you smoking? House Republicans wanted nothing to do with a deal that included extra earmarks like the one for ACORN, and they wanted guarantees that this bailout was a loan to be repaid back to the taxpayers. McCain had nothing to do with the Republicans not agreeing to the original bailout plans. Keep watching MSNBC and listening to Barney Frank for more blatant lies on what's going on.

No actually this one time (only one) PMSNBC interviewed Republicans on that leftist moron segment Rachel Maddow and they all said McCain had helped immensely and they gave some specifics....FOX was airing the debate again so I was channel surfing....1800 channels and I land on PMSNBC....I am so ashamed

Old 09-27-2008, 07:19 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
What a lie....interviews since Thursday with Mike Pence, Boeher and Blunt all say McCain has helped by getting the Republican voice heard. McCain didn't break any deal up less than 25 senators supported the first bill Paulson's because it called for a bail-out not a loan. No Republican will vote for a bail out and even Obama doesn't support a bail-out. Might want to watch PMSNBC and that moron Rachel Maddow because even she has had Republicans on that said McCain has gotten Dem leaders to look at the bill the Republicans worked on....this was not happening until McCain showed. Offer proof or you are guilty of slander which is illegal by the way.
Slander, yeah right, so sue me. I'm only listing the following for your education not because your asking for 'proof',
Dodd Says He Has Not Spoken With John McCain - Capitol Watch
U.S. Senator Chris Dodd, who has been at the center of the Wall Street bailout negotiations as the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, says he has been talking to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on almost a daily basis over the past week on the ongoing crisis.
on Friday night, "I haven't heard word one from John McCain.''

Wall Street: Congress set for the $700bn bank job - Americas, World - The Independent
At the White House meeting he said barely a word (while Mr Obama reportedly peppered Mr Paulson with questions).

McCain calls govt. officials handling bailout deal - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/mccain - broken link)
After making a dramatic entrance on Capitol Hill Thursday to be part of the bailout negotiations, McCain stayed away Saturday as lawmakers inched toward an agreement. He made phone calls to the White House and GOP leaders from his suburban condominium and later at campaign headquarters.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:56 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,332,308 times
Default He can do voice-overs for used car salesmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
Are you that upset after Friday's debate! So you felt the need to go back to "Old News" in an attempt to re-stir the pot. It's truly sad.
Obama lies.

Because Obama speaks well, does not remove the fact that he is a liar and a Leftist.

After Barack Obama loses the Nov election, Obama can do voice-overs for used car salesmen.

Hitler was a great PROMISER in the beginning.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
None of your links have any Republican saying anything negative about McCain they all praise him for going to DC as he was summoned by Paulson and Lindsey Graham. Dodd bashed him but Dodd helped create this mess and accepted over $160,000 in bribe money from Fannie/Freddie so of course he just watched his free meal go bye-bye. Do you have anything to back up your statement or does your butt overload your mouth most of the time?

Quote:
Slander, yeah right, so sue me. I'm only listing the following for your education not because your asking for 'proof',
Dodd Says He Has Not Spoken With John McCain - Capitol Watch
U.S. Senator Chris Dodd, who has been at the center of the Wall Street bailout negotiations as the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, says he has been talking to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on almost a daily basis over the past week on the ongoing crisis.
on Friday night, "I haven't heard word one from John McCain.''.
Dodd is not a Republican you said members of McCain's own party. Dodd has been in the center of this mess as he helped to create it.

Quote:
Wall Street: Congress set for the $700bn bank job - Americas, World - The Independent
At the White House meeting he said barely a word (while Mr Obama reportedly peppered Mr Paulson with questions).
Didn't say a word because the dems had told the Republicans they had to accept Paulson plan because they were the minority party....Republicans were not being listened to until McCain showed up and brought the focus on what the dems were really up to. Usually when someone says I have a deal for you but you have to act right now...the deal is better for them than it is for you.

Quote:
McCain calls govt. officials handling bailout deal - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/mccain - broken link)
After making a dramatic entrance on Capitol Hill Thursday to be part of the bailout negotiations, McCain stayed away Saturday as lawmakers inched toward an agreement. He made phone calls to the White House and GOP leaders from his suburban condominium and later at campaign headquarters.
Yep he got the ball rolling and has stayed off the floor because there is a bill on the floor for drilling offshore that contains earmarks...McCain is against earmarks and won't vote for them but doesn't want to tie up the bill for offshore drilling as 85% of Americans want it. He has been on the phone with Paulson, Bush, Bernake and member of congress all day. Full story what a notion. Obama is too busy campaigning to worry about the future of the American taxpayer.

Quote:
The Administration’s request amounts to the largest corporate bailout in American history. Congress should act, but should act in a way that protects the integrity of our free market and protects the American taxpayer from more debt and higher taxes. To have the freedom to succeed, we must preserve the freedom to fail. Any solution to our present crisis must preserve our essential economic freedom. Congress should delay consideration of any legislation until the facts and competing solutions can be fully debated, consider alternatives to massive government spending and figure out how to pay for the solution through budget cuts and reform instead of more debt or taxes. Congress must not hastily embrace a cure that may do more harm to our economy than the disease of bad debt Before any bailout is enacted, Congress must set itself on an unalterable path to truly overhaul these Government Sponsored Enterprises from the top down and hold those accountable, in and out of government, who drove them, and our financial sector, to the brink of bankruptcy.
Mike Pence R-IN
Mike Pence: Stop the bailout « Wolking’s World (http://wolkingsworld.com/2008/09/24/mike-pence-stop-the-bailout/ - broken link)OzarksFirst.com Media Player (http://ozarksfirst.com/media_player.php?media_id=123092 - broken link)
Quote:
House Republican Whip Roy Blunt (R-MO) was just interviewed by Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC, and he told Mitchell that McCain killed the deal yesterday at the White House:"I do think that John McCain was very helpful in what he did. I saw him this morning, we've been talking with his staff. Clearly, yesterday, his position in that discussion yesterday was one that stopped a deal from, uh, finalizing that no House Republican, in my view, would've been for. Which means it probably wouldn't have passed the House.
This was everyone's view as it was reported that less than 50 members supported Paulson plan from the house.
Quote:
“After a week of closely scrutinizing the Bush Administration’s Wall Street rescue proposal, I have concluded that it violates every principle of American capitalism and free enterprise that I have been taught, and that our country has always held.
“I am not an economist, but the overwhelming reaction from economists has been negative about this plan. I am not a banker, but the overwhelming opinion of the bankers I have talked to in my home state and elsewhere has been negative about this plan. Sen. Elizabeth Dole
Quote:
“Sen. McCain has just announced that he is willing to suspend his campaign, set politics aside and sit down with all sides to come to a solution to the looming threats to our economy.
“That’s an outstanding idea: The threats to Americans, and their homes, savings and retirements, is not a partisan problem and it won’t be fixed with a partisan approach. Americans want to know that their home values and college funds and retirement accounts are safe—Mitch McConnell min. leader
Senator Mitch McConnell - Press Releases (http://mcconnell.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=303533&start=1 - broken link)
Elizabeth Dole - U.S. Senator for North Carolina (http://dole.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRel ease_id=38f7e648-20cd-4cf6-a94e-8fc4ae540535 - broken link)

Yes McCain killed a deal that no Republican (and a lot of dems) was supporting....funny what happens when you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:19 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,974 times
Why on earth is no one covering the BIGGEST LIE of the night by Jimmy Obama II?

He lied about Kissinger said and Kissinger is none to happy.

He flat out lied and got caught yet the media is protecting the scam artist.

Amazing.

Then McCain also said I have known Kissinger for 36 years and there is NO WAY he would ever say that. McCain was RIGHT, Carter II was WRONG.

I have finally figured out that the people for McCain are those hard working law biding citizens who have and most of those who are for the other guy are lazy welfare types who want a free handout and believes us who have should pay for those who have not.

Liberals, stop sucking the rest of us for your freebies, we are getting tired of it. Earn your own keep.

Another good reason to make sure Obama does not get to the WH. No more damn freebies.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:29 PM

216 posts, read 290,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Obama lies.

Because Obama speaks well, does not remove the fact that he is a liar and a Leftist.

After Barack Obama loses the Nov election, Obama can do voice-overs for used car salesmen.

Hitler was a great PROMISER in the beginning.
Obama lies, McCain lies, Bush lies, Clinton lies and I'm sure you have told your share of lies, so what! I'm even guilty of telling lies to get out of sticky situations. Who doesn't lie, if they say they don't, they're lying!

Hitler, get over the fear.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
Obama lies, McCain lies, Bush lies, Clinton lies and I'm sure you have told your share of lies, so what! I'm even guilty of telling lies to get out of sticky situations. Who doesn't lie, if they say they don't, they're lying!

Hitler, get over the fear.
No not everyone lies. I don't lie to get out of sticky situations...I accept responsibility for my actions. Lying about them only prolongs resolving them. It's called an Honor Code and living by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections