Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,928,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Obama won't get elected. Not because he is black but rather arrogant and a moron. I would love to see Condi Rice as president. Used to really like Powell but I think he may be a bit liberal for me. Race, Religion (no atheist) doesn't matter to me as long as they are qualified.
Obama is arrogant but he is no moron at all. He is intelligent but he just lets it all go to his head. He is elitist for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 05:57 AM

216 posts, read 290,730 times
Quote:
No not everyone lies. I don't lie to get out of sticky situations...I accept responsibility for my actions. Lying about them only prolongs resolving them. It's called an Honor Code and living by it.
I haven't told a lie in years because I've avoid putting myself in those sticky situations, but my point is that I'm not above lying. I do believe that a person would lie to save his/her life, lie about being unfaithful in a relationship, lie to avoid embarrassment, and so on. Anyone including you is capable of lying depending on the situation.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Why on earth is no one covering the BIGGEST LIE of the night by Jimmy Obama II?

He lied about Kissinger said and Kissinger is none to happy.

He flat out lied and got caught yet the media is protecting the scam artist.

Amazing.

Then McCain also said I have known Kissinger for 36 years and there is NO WAY he would ever say that. McCain was RIGHT, Carter II was WRONG.

I have finally figured out that the people for McCain are those hard working law biding citizens who have and most of those who are for the other guy are lazy welfare types who want a free handout and believes us who have should pay for those who have not.

Liberals, stop sucking the rest of us for your freebies, we are getting tired of it. Earn your own keep.

Another good reason to make sure Obama does not get to the WH. No more damn freebies.
How do you know Kissinger wasn't lying or forgetful, especially when you consider his age.

Also, why categorize voters? Just because you believe it to be true, doesn't make it true.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Obama won't get elected. Not because he is black but rather arrogant and a moron. I would love to see Condi Rice as president. Used to really like Powell but I think he may be a bit liberal for me. Race, Religion (no atheist) doesn't matter to me as long as they are qualified.
Arrogant is what they're saying about McCain after Friday's debate. Moron, maybe you should look up the word before using it in the future.
Obama is an intelligent and confident man, the making of a great President.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 AM

835 posts, read 1,322,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
I haven't told a lie in years because I've avoid putting myself in those sticky situations, but my point is that I'm not above lying. I do believe that a person would lie to save his/her life, lie about being unfaithful in a relationship, lie to avoid embarrassment, and so on. Anyone including you is capable of lying depending on the situation.
Being capable and doing are not the same....some of us live by standards...lying to a thug to save the life of my family----yes anyone would lie in that situation but then it is not about character but life....INTEGRITY is what we have as we do the moral things even when others are not around to see

Quote:
Arrogant is what they're saying about McCain after Friday's debate. Moron, maybe you should look up the word before using it in the future.
Obama is an intelligent and confident man, the making of a great President.
Obama is a moron he wants to raise taxes during an economic slow down...econ. 101 says you can not tax your way out of debt....so why does Obama want to tax his 57 states sooooo much.....I guess he is hoping that those 10,000 that died in a tornado in Kansas will wait till he he is president and pay the death penalty too....I can go on and on if you'd like.

As for Kissinger you are aware that he won a Nobel Peace Prize for his abilities to handle communist nations including Russia and China and that meeting without pre-conditions goes against his belief that power is the ultimate benefactor of deciding outcomes not ideology.

I've not heard anyone say McCain was arrogant but I don't watch PMSNBC or go to huffpo for news.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,599,281 times
did you just quote yourself asking yourself a question?

Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Being capable and doing are not the same....some of us live by standards...lying to a thug to save the life of my family----yes anyone would lie in that situation but then it is not about character but life....INTEGRITY is what we have as we do the moral things even when others are not around to see

Obama is a moron he wants to raise taxes during an economic slow down...econ. 101 says you can not tax your way out of debt....so why does Obama want to tax his 57 states sooooo much.....I guess he is hoping that those 10,000 that died in a tornado in Kansas will wait till he he is president and pay the death penalty too....I can go on and on if you'd like.

As for Kissinger you are aware that he won a Nobel Peace Prize for his abilities to handle communist nations including Russia and China and that meeting without pre-conditions goes against his belief that power is the ultimate benefactor of deciding outcomes not ideology.

I've not heard anyone say McCain was arrogant but I don't watch PMSNBC or go to huffpo for news.
My only point is that we're all capable of lying. We can debate back and forth about integrity, knowing that integrity can be bought at the right price.

Your veiws on tax plan is nothing new:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121867201724238901.html (broken link)

Yet, the fact remains, he's 85 years old and capable of forgetting.

Henry Kissinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2008, 07:52 AM

835 posts, read 1,322,755 times
Quote:
My only point is that we're all capable of lying. We can debate back and forth about integrity, knowing that integrity can be bought at the right price.

Your veiws on tax plan is nothing new:

The Obama Tax Plan - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121867201724238901.html - broken link)

Yet, the fact remains, he's 85 years old and capable of forgetting.

Henry Kissinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those are your assumptions. McCain didn't sell out info to the enemy....his integrity couldn't be bought. President Wilson was known to have ended a building contract that was awarded to a very distant relative of his....he was always against favoritism to his family being showed and he created a breech in his family, by ending the contract, that never healed. Wilson showed great integrity. I always liked the story of Eddie O'Hare and his son. Eddie was the lawyer for Capone and while he gained from the corruption he also collected enough evidence for the US district attorney to put Capone away. He did this because he didn't want to have his raised to grow up and become another member of the Capone mafia. Eddie's son Butch went on to become a fighter pilot in the navy who single handedly took out 5 Japanese bombers, and wounded a sixth saving his Aircraft carrier from massive damage. The sixth plan was wounded just prior to dropping a bomb that would have sunk his Aircraft carrier. He did this with no help as he and another pilot were the only ones there to protect the sitting duck ships and the other pilot's guns jammed. This of course was the name given to one of our busiest and largest airports---Chicago's O'Hare. Eddie showed courage so that his son could go on to save many lives with his great integrity.

Not every 85 year old is forgetful or senile....my 82 year old aunt is quick, witty and still sharp as a tack....more so than when she was raising my cousins because now she can listen to what you are saying and be looking out of the corner of her eye to see what her sons are trying to destroy.

You can't paint a broad brushstroke to society....

Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Those are your assumptions. McCain didn't sell out info to the enemy....his integrity couldn't be bought. President Wilson was known to have ended a building contract that was awarded to a very distant relative of his....he was always against favoritism to his family being showed and he created a breech in his family, by ending the contract, that never healed. Wilson showed great integrity. I always liked the story of Eddie O'Hare and his son. Eddie was the lawyer for Capone and while he gained from the corruption he also collected enough evidence for the US district attorney to put Capone away. He did this because he didn't want to have his raised to grow up and become another member of the Capone mafia. Eddie's son Butch went on to become a fighter pilot in the navy who single handedly took out 5 Japanese bombers, and wounded a sixth saving his Aircraft carrier from massive damage. The sixth plan was wounded just prior to dropping a bomb that would have sunk his Aircraft carrier. He did this with no help as he and another pilot were the only ones there to protect the sitting duck ships and the other pilot's guns jammed. This of course was the name given to one of our busiest and largest airports---Chicago's O'Hare. Eddie showed courage so that his son could go on to save many lives with his great integrity.

Not every 85 year old is forgetful or senile....my 82 year old aunt is quick, witty and still sharp as a tack....more so than when she was raising my cousins because now she can listen to what you are saying and be looking out of the corner of her eye to see what her sons are trying to destroy.

You can't paint a broad brushstroke to society....
Your points are valid because there are two sides to every story.

To call Obama a lair is not a fair assessment either. Obama could have been mistaken in the name he used when referring to Kissinger, not necessarily lying.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
OP - PCM - I believe the Barak Obama I met and talked with in the beginning of the year. I looked him in the eye and saw a fundamentally honest and good man.

I do not and cannot believe anything said or promised by Senator McCain. I just look at his voting record on funding benefits for all veterans, including his Vietnam contemporaries, for a damn good reason to despise this man. He cannot be trusted. He would never cover your back if it meant risking his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections