Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
And that's fine, so if that's your most important issue, vote for Obama.

For me, a small business owner, it's the business tax he proposes to raise to 52% from an already burdensome 35%. It will hurt families, because of all the people who will have to be layed off. It's also a national defense issue. Obama has 0% military experience, and McCain has fought in war. The contrast is far too stark for me to ignore in today's world.
Shaken let me be honest with you. If Obama did raise small business taxes to 52% and you actually paid 52% you and your accountant are idiots.
As a small business owner you have a ton of deductions. You can even hire your kids. Set up retirement funds as shelters. I'm not an accountant but there is no way you should or would possibly actually pay 52%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
In a survey 5% of whites admitted they would not vote for a black person.
19% admitted most of the white people they know would not vote for a black person. That is prejudice.
If McCain's age comes into play it's because he has had cancer 4 times and
is physically long past his prime. Obama will one day be old too but McCain will never be black. You are comparing apples and oranges. There is a reason most people retire at 65.

WOULD YOU VOTE FOR A BLACK PRESIDENT? 5% OF WHITE VOTERS ADMIT THEY WOULD NOT! « poligionTODAY
Relax, have a drink, enjoy the show. Some of you are wrapped way too tight!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Shaken let me be honest with you. If Obama did raise small business taxes to 52% and you actually paid 52% you and your accountant are idiots.
As a small business owner you have a ton of deductions. You can even hire your kids. Set up retirement funds as shelters. I'm not an accountant but there is no way you should or would possibly actually pay 52%.
It is quite apparent from you post that you have never owned your own business, as well as not being an accountant. You have no clue at all how small business runs and are not qualified to argue this point. When you have employees of your own that you are responsible for keeping them covered in health insurance, contributing to their retirement plan (which is not a "deduction" as you probably think of it, etc. come back and talk to me with a valid point. I'm not being mean, I'm just being honest. Research some of my older posts and you will find a wealth of information about how small S Corp businesses are taxed. C Corps are treated different, and most small businesses are S Corps or LLCs. You're short post revealed you have no working knowledge of this setup, but I suggest you study it and maybe talk to some small business owners.

One of my businesses is in construction, and is having a bad year, but guess what. I'm paying tax this year based on the good year that the business had last year! We have to pay tax on revenue that we don't even know we are going to make for sure!! But this is probably getting over your head a little, so I'll go for now until you educate yourself a little more.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM

125 posts, read 187,658 times
Quote:

We can't WAIT for Obama to get elected, so get out there, vote early, and vote often!!!
Quote:
Relax, have a drink, enjoy the show. Some of you are wrapped way too tight!

(it's truly awesome when someone else cans say exactly what you are thinking)

Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Concerns about McCain are about his current condition not what he is. Age is a life condition to evaluate an individual candidate while not casting negatives about a group of people. The concerns about McCain are not about senior citizens in general and their collective value but about one and his specific abilities at this point to be POTUS!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,969 times
I want it to get back to the Clinton era and Obama can get us back. Money was available. Jobs increased debt decreased and taxes increased. Well with bush taxes are at a all time low yet jobs have decreased,debt have increased.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,808 times
Quote:
....But this is probably getting over your head a little, so I'll go for now until you educate yourself a little more.

It is so strange that you started this post about prejudice against old people and you now only want to discuss YOU.
It is all about you right my friend? So why bring up age discrimination? Why bring up Obama's color? You only what to whine about paying more taxes.
If you can't handle a business quit and stop your whining and fake concern about the aged.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
My DH is McCains age,... he also happens to be of mixed parentage. Born in an era when race was still documented on birth certificates, his says "colored". In comparison to the impediments that document caused for him, "ageism" is crap. As a previous poster pointed out,.. we all age, we don't all become "colored".

Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
It is so strange that you started this post about prejudice against old people and you now only want to discuss YOU.
It is all about you right my friend? So why bring up age discrimination? Why bring up Obama's color? You only what to whine about paying more taxes.
If you can't handle a business quit and stop your whining and fake concern about the aged.
Yes, it my thread, and it's all about me. But I was answering your post, so if you want to continue acting like a school child...well then here we go:

You started it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections