Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:44 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times

Advertisements

For all the bitter women Hillary supporters, think about this. If John McCain becomes president, he WILL appoint people to the Supreme Court Justice that will reverse Roe vs Wade, a woman's right to choose. He actually said this. Now some say well that wont happen because we have a democratic congress but think about this. Once someone is appointed to the supreme court, they are there for life. That means the next time the republicans control congress, Roe vs Wade will be reversed. A woman's right will be taken away. So think about who you vote for this year and dont vote for John McCain just because Hillary didnt win the nomination. The truth is Obama and Hillary are the same on the issues and both want universal healthcare. So if you are TRULY voting on the issues, you will support Obama. A vote against Obama is a slap in the face to Hillary and everything she has fought for including universal healthcare. Remember its not about the candidate. Its about the future of this nation. We are at a fork in the road. We can either continue the dreadful path we are on or we can take the path to a brighter future for all. Bitterness will get you nowhere and in the end it hurts everyone including yourselves.

This is what is says on John McCaign's campaign website:

"John McCain believes Roe v. Wade is a flawed decision that must be overturned"

Last edited by gsoboi; 06-06-2008 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 06:56 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
I've found it interesting in this country that a doctor can expose the head of a baby in birth, cut into it and kill the baby and we're all supposed to celebrate it.

Then, kick a dog and go to jail.

I still have yet to hear or read a good defense of this as to why it makes us a great country.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:01 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I've found it interesting in this country that a doctor can expose the head of a baby in birth, cut into it and kill the baby and we're all supposed to celebrate it.

I still have yet to hear or read a good defense of this as to why it makes us a great country.
Im sure many of the women who supported Hillary dont agree with you.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,828 times
Quote:

Ahhh..but you see that is the beauty of liberalism. We're so progressive that we allow murder but disguise it as "choice." But all that is small stuff anyway, animal rights and same sex marriage are FARRR more important than the protecting human life.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:27 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:

Give me a break, I looked it up...in a study done in 2003 it was found that 88.2% of abortions were conducted at or prior to 12 weeks, 10.4% from 13 to 20 weeks, and 1.4% at or after 21 weeks. In other words virtually all abortions are done before viability. Women have rights too and, in this case, it's called reproductive rights.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:

That procedure is used in 0.17% of all abortions, and is most used in situations where the parents are aborting late term due to fetal abnormality (such as hydrocephalus. That procedure is actually the best one in that case, as it provides the parents with an intact fetus if they wish to have services.

I guess you'd rather make them suffer and carry a DOA baby to term.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Give me a break, I looked it up...in a study done in 2003 it was found that 88.2% of abortions were conducted at or prior to 12 weeks, 10.4% from 13 to 20 weeks, and 1.4% at or after 21 weeks. In other words virtually all abortions are done before viability. Women have rights too and, in this case, it's called reproductive rights.

But don't forget, Women are birthing machines who should be PUNISHED for getting pregnant. Then they can complain about the welfare benefits our taxes pay for for the unwanted child.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Well the Supreme Court throwing abortion rights back into the local political arena would probably be a good thing for the Democrats and a bad thing for the GOP so I'm all for it. But I'm not for electing McCain to do it.

I think that favoring abortion rights and gun control has hurt the Democrats big time. It's time to shake this thing out on a state by state basis so Democrats in some places can favor abortion and Democrats in other places oppose it.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I think that favoring abortion rights and gun control has hurt the Democrats big time.
I disagree. Most of the country wants a change from the Religious Right controlling our Government.

Abortion
In in the most recent poll, only 17% of people favor a ban on abortion.

As pertaining to this election:

Old 06-06-2008, 07:52 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
For all the bitter women Hillary supporters, think about this. If John McCain becomes president, he WILL appoint people to the Supreme Court Justice that will reverse Roe vs Wade, a woman's right to choose. [/i]
I heard the same fears being expressed when Bush appointed new people to the court. While I agree that it's a bad law, I don't think it's in any danger of being overturned.

On a side note, I always love how people hide behind the "woman's right to choose" slogan. It's about abortion. Unless you also support a woman's right to choose to take drugs, sell her body, smoke in public, leave her seat belt unbuckled in her own car, or any number of other things, then you don't support a woman's right to choose. You support abortion rights. Which is fine. Just say it and stop hiding behind pretty slogans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections