Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,348,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Sarah came off as over practiced. Very rehearsed.
She threw digs at Biden but Biden didn't take the bait, making her look even more ridiculous.
This woman is ridiculous.
How can people give her credit, they have dumbed down things so low to make her passable.
You got it exactly right. What's more ridiculous is how I've listened to republicans hammer Obama time after time for no substance yet they're giving her a pass. The hypocrisy of it all is astonishing. By the way, I'm firmly in the middle and may even vote third party. Just calling a spade a spade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM

690 posts, read 1,016,237 times
I wonder if they will let her out now to answer unscripted questions??????????

Old 10-02-2008, 09:51 PM

472 posts, read 872,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Hi all,
While I think Joe won the debate handily, both in economy and foreign policy, I was SHOCKED to see Sarah do so well! She did not answer a lot of the questions and kept going back to the comfort zone (oil) but she made no obvious gaffs! And I will admit, I was expecting a lot of them from her!!!

Studying surely paid off!!!
Just try not to wink at us, it looks to "cutsie" for lack of a better word.
I understand how many people like her accent but I find it so annoying.

And if that is all I can really complain about, I say, well done Sarah!

Will this be a game changer? Nope. Will she win a few votes tonight? Maybe...but not many.

Will Joe win a few votes tonight? I really think so. He showed such restraint!!! He did not even correct Sarah when she said names wrong!!!

I still think Obama will win.

How far off base am I?
I actually agree... I thought she regained her excellent presentation that she nailed at the GOP convention. I felt myself rooting for her almost. Yet despite showing knowledge of what the issues are... she still lacked any answers about how she would solve them.

I find Sarah Palin, very intriguing in some ways. She certainly isn't Washington elite. It's almost a shame she's running with someone so tired as McCain. I think she will be a force in 2012 and beyond. Although despite the great presentation her answers were incomplete or outright avoided. The canned American pie bullsh*t didn't stick with me at all... neither my 72 year old mother in law who screamed several times at the TV... "What the hell is she saying? Nothing!"

Overall given the low expectations I thought she did very well. Now she needs to really learn and understand policy... not just repeat memorized rhetoric through a speechwriter.

Biden by contrast seemed boring... at least the first half. However he addressed the issues, and answered the questions and he really looked and seemed as confident as you could expect a commander in chief. I'd give the edge to Biden in the answers delivered. But she earned some new respect from me...

Old 10-02-2008, 09:55 PM

820 posts, read 1,203,818 times
Quote:
You forgot one thing...the vote for this bailout package is Friday and that is all the news will be talking about. Sarah had a fine night, but it is over in the morning...yes, watch the polls!
If this was election day your guys would have won. But , today isn't election day.

If the the people voted next Tuesday , your guys would likely win, but in a month.....

Once the Clinton's 1999 mortgage time bomb is defused , watch out.
Your guys are one trick ponies: "McCain is just like Bush".
That has no legs.

Check out the "Nightmare" article over on The Huffington Post.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 PM

Wow , the thread got quiet , fast.

Oh , yeah , a couple books for you to check out:

The Strongest Tribe

Moment of Truth In Iraq

Read 'em and weep. Not what you hoped for.

Based on the war and the Clintons' mortgage legacy , your guys should have a double digit lead. They don't --- and that's not factoring in the bubba factor. Run a Time search.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
If this was election day your guys would have won. But , today isn't election day.

If the the people voted next Tuesday , your guys would likely win, but in a month.....

Once the Clinton's 1999 mortgage time bomb is defused , watch out.
Your guys are one trick ponies: "McCain is just like Bush".
That has no legs.

Check out the "Nightmare" article over on The Huffington Post.

I agree with you on this, but it doesn't answer my question from above. Also, don't be foolish, there's alot more to the lending crisis then the Clinton policy. That's another debate however...

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 PM

Yes , teacher.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
Yes , teacher.

What's that mean?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:32 PM

Are you talking to me?

Are you Cleanmaxx Brian?

Old 10-03-2008, 01:13 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,984,317 times
Quote:
Hi all,
While I think Joe won the debate handily, both in economy and foreign policy, I was SHOCKED to see Sarah do so well! She did not answer a lot of the questions and kept going back to the comfort zone (oil) but she made no obvious gaffs! And I will admit, I was expecting a lot of them from her!!!

Studying surely paid off!!!
Just try not to wink at us, it looks to "cutsie" for lack of a better word.
I understand how many people like her accent but I find it so annoying.

And if that is all I can really complain about, I say, well done Sarah!

Will this be a game changer? Nope. Will she win a few votes tonight? Maybe...but not many.

Will Joe win a few votes tonight? I really think so. He showed such restraint!!! He did not even correct Sarah when she said names wrong!!!

I still think Obama will win.

How far off base am I?
Right On, the cutsie act was well rehearsed, didn't it seem like she was Sally Field ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections