Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 06:48 AM

19 posts, read 26,413 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else hear this winner use the word "un-sensical?"...(It's actually "nonsensical"); And, wow she really said: "You can't not allow..."

Why is this relevant? "Journalism" or something like that was her "MAJOR" in college...It was her FIELD OF STUDY and she cannot even speak correctly. Enough said. If she can't get that right, let's not even talk about her in one of the highest offices in government.

As Jack Cafferty once stated, "...If [the thought of her as VP] doesn't scare the hell out of you then it should."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3445253068484459863&ei=IVveSMTFMYW irALtmrWnCw&q=jack+cafferty+on+palin&vt=lf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,323,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC STUDENT View Post
Did anyone else hear this winner use the word "un-sensical?"...(It's actually "nonsensical"); And, wow she really said: "You can't not allow..."

Why is this relevant? "Journalism" or something like that was her "MAJOR" in college...It was her FIELD OF STUDY and she cannot even speak correctly. Enough said. If she can't get that right, let's not even talk about her in one of the highest offices in government.

As Jack Cafferty once stated, "...If [the thought of her as VP] doesn't scare the hell out of you then it should."

Jack Cafferty Tells Us How He Really Feels About Sarah Palin
Didn't catch that, but I have definitely heard Obama say all kinds of non-words.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:44 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,269,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Didn't catch that, but I have definitely heard Obama say all kinds of non-words.
They don't listen to Obama, they just fall to their knees...

Old 10-03-2008, 08:03 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,349,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
They don't listen to Obama, they just fall to their knees...

That is true .
For a man who has not aceived a single thing .Come up with a Bill ,etc only gives speech after speech they certainly do adore him.

Palin who they mock has acheived much more as Mayor and Gvnr. I like Obama though no longer voting for him . He not the man they think he is.

Hillary Clinton was right about him "say anything to get elected and promise the world".

Old 10-03-2008, 08:10 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,631,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
That is true .
For a man who has not aceived a single thing .Come up with a Bill ,etc only gives speech after speech they certainly do adore him.

Palin who they mock has acheived much more as Mayor and Gvnr. I like Obama though no longer voting for him . He not the man they think he is.

Hillary Clinton was right about him "say anything to get elected and promise the world".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I know folks further up N.Florida who were in Mccain camp till Palin now back on the fence some just went Independent. Granted voting day they can easily go back to Mccain.

Some here love her. I don't see what she brings to the ticket .
I don't see what she brings to the ticket either. She certainly doesn't sound like a journalism major, and she didn't appear to have the same command of facts and policy one hears from most journalists when discussing issues either.

Last edited by walidm; 10-03-2008 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,457,221 times
And the use of the word "there" after half of her sentences drives me nuts as well, ie: "up in Alaska there.(full stop)".....geez she sounds like a backwoods hick....

Old 10-03-2008, 08:14 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,022,079 times
She is exacerbating her regionalisms with hopes of appearing as a "Joe Six-Pack." God forbid that she actually speaks English correctly. She'd probably lose half her support.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:15 AM

10,121 posts, read 14,542,598 times
Quote:

I agree. Her grammar was pretty embarrassing throughout the debate.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:17 AM

874 posts, read 1,859,950 times
I have been wondering this morning why I bothered, in school, to listen to my teacher talk about standards in writing and speaking. I understand that many people are against intellectuals. I'm not sure I understand why. But as I have always valued striving to be more knowledgeable does that make me a bad person? What does it mean that so many "average" Americans think so?

Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,977,372 times
Quote:

That's not an argument, it is a logical fallacy. Yet another attempt to slander away from the content. Look, if you want to disagree with her position on something, knock yourself out, but this petty grammar attack BS is childish, ignorant, and to be honest, plain stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections