Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:29 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
I believe there's a supreme court decision called Roe vs Wade that's been around for 35 years for a woman's right to abortion. Bush or Palin can say all they want but it ain't going to be overturned in our society today. Furthermore if it is overturned by some miracle, it would become a state issue, where only a select handful of states such as South Dakota would overturn abortion "except in special circumstances, including rape, incest, etc." Go check your facts lady.
But you people act like Obama and his buddy Bill Ayers will impose a communist-Muslim-abortionist theocracy with no trouble if he gets elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 05:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,764,170 times
Quote:
I believe there's a supreme court decision called Roe vs Wade that's been around for 35 years for a woman's right to abortion. Bush or Palin can say all they want but it ain't going to be overturned in our society today. Furthermore if it is overturned by some miracle, it would become a state issue, where only a select handful of states such as South Dakota would overturn abortion "except in special circumstances, including rape, incest, etc." Go check your facts lady.
There's more to it than that ... yes, abortion, but the crux of the issue is that at that time, state's laws regarding abortions violated a person's right to privacy under the 14th amendment. Betcha Sarah Palin can't speak to that other than oh ya know, it's about killing babies ... sigh. Shoot, she probably can't tell ya what the first 10 amendments are called ... double sigh.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,326,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
There's more to it than that ... yes, abortion, but the crux of the issue is that at that time, state's laws regarding abortions violated a person's right to privacy under the 14th amendment. Betcha Sarah Palin can't speak to that other than oh ya know, it's about killing babies ... sigh. Shoot, she probably can't tell ya what the first 10 amendments are called ... double sigh.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:48 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,558 times
Quote:
I know my facts. I said 'would' as defined
Quote:
Used to express a wish...
would - definition of would by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I also know about the abortion laws in most states. South Dakota signed a state law this year, prohibiting ALL abortions except when necessary to save the mothers life. It will be in litigation for years. But, no doctor in South Dakota will perform an abortion because of the risk of being charged with a crime. Effectively preventing abortion in the state of South Dakota. Go check YOUR facts, mister.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I know my facts. I said 'would' as defined would - definition of would by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I also know about the abortion laws in most states. South Dakota signed a state law this year, prohibiting ALL abortions except when necessary to save the mothers life. It will be in litigation for years. But, no doctor in South Dakota will perform an abortion because of the risk of being charged with a crime. Effectively preventing abortion in the state of South Dakota. Go check YOUR facts, mister.
They can travel to Dr. Tiller's clinic in Kansas.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:00 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
They can travel to Dr. Tiller's clinic in Kansas.
Yes, they can travel to other areas. Problem with that is the many of these women can barely scrape the money together to pay for an abortion. The funds to travel out of state to get one, especially now with the high cost of gasoline, often isn't there. Taking time off from work, travel expenses, abortion fee, it all adds up to more than they have.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,866,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

Why couldn't she express this on Couric's show the other night....looks like she was studying up again! She is so insincere and I can see right through the fact she tried to manipulate the situation because she could not cite any Supreme Ct rulings on CBS. If someone tries to say it has anything to do with Couric, I am going to scream. Suppose this question was asked on Meet The Press....and she could not answer? I think Couric was more than patient with her and allowed several times for her to set the record straight. It looks even worse that she went on FOX after the CBS interview and spouted off several ct. rulings after the fact.

She is just another master at manipulation just like her running mate.....

Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,931 times
Sounds to me like an emotional disorder - Palin Derangement Syndrome has begun.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:31 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,257,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Why couldn't she express this on Couric's show the other night....looks like she was studying up again! She is so insincere and I can see right through the fact she tried to manipulate the situation because she could not cite any Supreme Ct rulings on CBS. If someone tries to say it has anything to do with Couric, I am going to scream. Suppose this question was asked on Meet The Press....and she could not answer? I think Couric was more than patient with her and allowed several times for her to set the record straight. It looks even worse that she went on FOX after the CBS interview and spouted off several ct. rulings after the fact.

She is just another master at manipulation just like her running mate.....

basically

Old 10-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Yes, they can travel to other areas. Problem with that is the many of these women can barely scrape the money together to pay for an abortion. The funds to travel out of state to get one, especially now with the high cost of gasoline, often isn't there. Taking time off from work, travel expenses, abortion fee, it all adds up to more than they have.
Women volunteer to be drivers for women who can't get there on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections