Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:37 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,865,919 times

Advertisements

why would this make you dislike someone? do you agree with those decisions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 10:42 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,264,124 times
Palin shouldn't use the term "states rights". It conjures up images of "attack dogs and fire hoses. The right wingers use the term selectively. They don't want states rights to include gay marriage, environmental issues, medical marijuana, etc.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:45 AM

you should use the term republican when making those claims. I am conservative and I think all those things should be state decisions. medicinal marijuana? I want all drugs decriminalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Palin shouldn't use the term "states rights". It conjures up images of "attack dogs and fire hoses. The right wingers use the term selectively. They don't want states rights to include gay marriage, environmental issues, medical marijuana, etc.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Women volunteer to be drivers for women who can't get there on their own.
South Dakota is mainly a rural state with 9 Indian reservations (IHS does not pay for ABs). Volunteers are few and several hundred miles away.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:49 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,640,311 times
Lol, it is just plain entertaining to watch the "party of tolerance" show their true colors by spewing hatred non stop about Palin.

Hell, I think Obama is an empty suit and I can't stand his rhetoric, questionable associations, and voting record. But I do not hate the guy.

You guys need some valium or something.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:51 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,264,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you should use the term republican when making those claims. I am conservative and I think all those things should be state decisions. medicinal marijuana? I want all drugs decriminalized.
Aren't "right wingers" republicans? In my estimation, Palin is a "right winger".

Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM

there is a divide. you have republican, or christian conservatives, and you have libertarian minded conservatives. some consider them both right wingers, but they are two VERY different mindsets.

Quote:
Aren't "right wingers" republicans? In my estimation, Palin is a "right winger".

Old 10-04-2008, 11:05 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,866,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Lol, it is just plain entertaining to watch the "party of tolerance" show their true colors by spewing hatred non stop about Palin.

Hell, I think Obama is an empty suit and I can't stand his rhetoric, questionable associations, and voting record. But I do not hate the guy.

You guys need some valium or something.
I never said I hate Palin or McCain and I don't have a problem giving credit where credit is due. I just do not believe anything that they say....they have lost my respect, not that they care about my respect for them anyway....afterall, I am just a voter.

I respect your view though...to each their own. I was just stating my personal thoughts.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:09 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,962,643 times
Quote:
They are if you need to maintain a tightly closed mind to people with social/political beliefs that are different (or diverse) from yours.

Are anarchists, leftists and anti-capitalists more likely to vote Democrat?

Old 10-05-2008, 05:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Hmmm, she's all for the death penalty for a repeat child rapist (I am too) yet should that child (some girls start menstruation at age 9 or 10) become pregnant by that same rapist, she would prohibit that child the right to an abortion;
No, she wouldn't, and she never said that!!!

You people are so egregious with your lies about Palin. I heard the interview. I know what she said.

What she said was (to paraphrase) that she would like to encourage people to choose life, and adoption, etc. (which is reasonable).

And just how many such hypothetical cases like this are there anyway? Do you know of any? I don't.

To put such a person through the trauma of abortion could be far worse, to say nothing of the dangers of an abortion. Girls have died after an abortion, for cryin' out loud. Is that better for all concerned (especially the mother) than carrying a child for nine months? Don't think so. Death is kind of permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
...she would condemn that child to 9 months of carrying the product of that rape; she would allow that child to go through the pain of child birth; she's disgusting!!
No, you people are disgusting with the way you are trying to destroy this woman with your lies, who has more on-the-ball than you ever will, and has far more integrity.

Quit lying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections