Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:57 AM

343 posts, read 942,117 times

Advertisements

Hey guys/girls new to the forum but have been reading the posts here for the past few weeks. I views several forums and I like this particular one because there are views from both sides. Just wanted to give you guys a snapshot of the race as of today. Here is www.fivethirtyeight.com map. Its seems like an Obama landslide is more possible than a McCain victory. Is there anything McCain can do to comeback or does going negative all he has left?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:28 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
McCain still has time to drop Palin, disavow the neocons and the leadership of the Republican party, and bring Lieberman or Hillary in as his VP running mate. Short of that, I'm not sure what he can do.

Smears and attacks do work, and his campaign will be slinging them, but I feel McCain is overall a good person and an independent so his heart won't be in them.

I guess he could hope for a big Obama gaffe.

Those are the only scenarios I can think of.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 AM

56 posts, read 103,908 times
I fear the worst. Obama has a tremendous advantage due simply to the fact that he's a Democrat and the unpopular 8-year incumbant is a Republican. If 43 were popular and the economy were good, McCain would be on even ground.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toosday View Post
I fear the worst. Obama has a tremendous advantage due simply to the fact that he's a Democrat and the unpopular 8-year incumbant is a Republican. If 43 were popular and the economy were good, McCain would be on even ground.
I do believe that was the advantage had going into this. On the other hand I think McCain could have ran a better campaign to have made it closer going into the last month of this.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I don't think the GOP should've been involved in this election if the best that they could field was John McCain. The GOP should've been forced to sit this one out, after having screwed up the country.

Nothing McCain can do now but try without success to stop the bleeding.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:47 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
They now have their pit bull in lipstick "taking off her gloves" and trashing Obama. They should be ashamed of themselves. This country and this world are going down the tubes. The economy is in the tank, there are still American service persons dying in the middle east and the McCain campaign wants to sling sludge rather than talk about the issues.

They should be proud.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:09 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
They now have their pit bull in lipstick "taking off her gloves" and trashing Obama. They should be ashamed of themselves. This country and this world are going down the tubes. The economy is in the tank, there are still American service persons dying in the middle east and the McCain campaign wants to sling sludge rather than talk about the issues.

They should be proud.

I couldn't agree more. What happened to the idea of discussing how to solve these problems? McCain sinks further into a hole everytime he avoids that and his running mate obviously can't help.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Thank GOD America is tired of the typical political bull. Obama's RCP Poll numbers are up .5 again today. The lead is widening and if the poll numbers continue to trend as they have been, he will achieve or be close to a double digit lead by this time next week.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Thank GOD America is tired of the typical political bull. Obama's RCP Poll numbers are up .5 again today. The lead is widening and if the poll numbers continue to trend as they have been, he will achieve or be close to a double digit lead by this time next week.
I second that!!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM

I dont think these smears are going to work on both sides. The DOW is down around 400 and people are going to keep focus on the economy. I am afraid to look at my IRA account. Its possible that his lead can get bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections