Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,399,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I can face the fact that a moderate does not like Obama. However, I do not understand how you can constantly start thread after thread dogging him out. But that's your choice.

The Libs are doing a great job wiping out McCain. This forum is about 90% Lib, so I figure I only need to worry about taking out Nobama. I don't care who is elected. They both suck and are not qualified to be President. A street corner organizer and a guy that admits he knows nothing about the economy???? Great freakin' choices.

We ALL lose in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:04 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
The Libs are doing a great job wiping out McCain. This forum is about 90% Lib, so I figure I only need to worry about taking out Nobama. I don't care who is elected. They both suck and are not qualified to be President. A street corner organizer and a guy that admits he knows nothing about the economy???? Great freakin' choices.

We ALL lose in the end.
Thank you for finally letting us know what you feel about McCain, also.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Thank you for finally letting us know what you feel about McCain, also.

My pleasure. I am pretty pissed off today with everyone. The Dems, the current administration, the corporate execs and stupid people that could not manage their own finances properly. Am I the only person that is honest in the freakin' world?

Sorry for the rant, I am just mad and I do not have the illusion that a new President will fix what is wrong. The next President will just be the next player in the "Were gonna ********* over political game". They have us and they know it. All this talk on the forum is a joke and pointless. We don't matter. Never have and never will. They laugh at us. They are playing us. We are the fools.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Yes, but he promises change. Rather than money being funneled to Clinton's friends, he will funnel it to his friends. That's change man.
LOL....."he promises change"...Correction! He promises "change we can believe in!"

Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
My pleasure. I am pretty pissed off today with everyone. The Dems, the current administration, the corporate execs and stupid people that could not manage their own finances properly. Am I the only person that is honest in the freakin' world?

Sorry for the rant, I am just mad and I do not have the illusion that a new President will fix what is wrong. The next President will just be the next player in the "Were gonna ********* over political game". They have us and they know it. All this talk on the forum is a joke and pointless. We don't matter. Never have and never will. They laugh at us. They are playing us. We are the fools.
What are we gonna do? We are sitting ducks.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppingcartlaw View Post
lord obama. I don't care what he does. He promised me money, free healthcare, and reduced taxes and i want them now.
cha-ching!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
What are we gonna do? We are sitting ducks.

I don't know, but I have actually been close to tears today....and I am a guy. My vote will mean nothing. Obama is going to win and that is fine, I don't care. It won't change anything. There will be an initial "good feeling" thing going around, but in the long run things will get worse. These guys/gals don't care. It's about getting elected and about power, nothing more. Sometimes people get helped along the way, but usually hurt. Like the mortgage crisis. It was the "let's help out the poor people" thing that started this ball rolling. Good intent, but a disastrous result. I really can't take any more of this joke of a political system. No matter what, it comes down to people being the problem. No matter what system, people are the issue. Greed, corruption & power. Dems and Republicans.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:

We ALL lose in the end.
Don't let McCain's modesty get lost in Obama's line of BS. McCain cosponsored S.190 and Obama fought it tooth, nail and filibuster. That's the real reason we gotta' pony up $700,000,000,000.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I don't know, but I have actually been close to tears today....and I am a guy. My vote will mean nothing. Obama is going to win and that is fine, I don't care. It won't change anything. There will be an initial "good feeling" thing going around, but in the long run things will get worse. These guys/gals don't care. It's about getting elected and about power, nothing more. Sometimes people get helped along the way, but usually hurt. Like the mortgage crisis. It was the "let's help out the poor people" thing that started this ball rolling. Good intent, but a disastrous result. I really can't take any more of this joke of a political system. No matter what, it comes down to people being the problem. No matter what system, people are the issue. Greed, corruption & power. Dems and Republicans.
The rest of the world has parliamentary systems. I don't think they struggle with accountability like we do. One party has control and their is less opportunity for blame shifting. You either perform or get replaced.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The rest of the world has parliamentary systems. I don't think they struggle with accountability like we do. One party has control and their is less opportunity for blame shifting. You either perform or get replaced.
I have a good friend in England and they sure don't seem to have these kinds of problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections