Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,891 times

Advertisements

What do you all have to say about the scoreboard?

Obama is increasing his lead in the polls. Just wait until Nov 4th- their are millions of young voters and first time voters that aren't showing up in the polls.

I predict an Obama victory by a much larger margin than people think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,891 times
Ok then...........scoreboard it is!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:07 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,428,545 times
Don't forget about all those living and dead Democrats voting multiple times. Much like they are doing in Ohio right now.

If Obama wins you'll deserve what you get and I don't think you'll like it.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
There are also a large number McCain supporters not showing up in the polls -older voters and voters not in major metropolitan areas.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Don't forget about all those living and dead Democrats voting multiple times. Much like they are doing in Ohio right now.

Did we deserve the 8 years of Bush?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post

Yeah but what about those of us who DON'T deserve it?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,774,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
There are also a large number McCain supporters not showing up in the polls -older voters and voters not in major metropolitan areas.

According to polls, older people are shifting to Obama.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
According to polls, older people are shifting to Obama.
OBAMA promised them money and free healthcare too.
Obama promised me money, lots of money and I am looking forward to it.
Obama promised jobs, money, money, money, a good economy.

Money talks for me.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,733 times
The way I see it is:

1. If McCain wins, he'll probably be a 1-term president. That means, IMO, he's willing to take risks instead of voting for what he thinks is "popular" to appease the mass but may not necessarily be a good thing for the U.S. If Palin is president by default, she'll either shine or go stale. If she goes stale, the House can impeach her. She's not going to "ruin" America ... how much worse can it be than what it is now and what it will be the next year, two years, etc? We're already in the sh*tter if you ask me.

2. If Obama wins, he's got a lifetime to think about. He can probably be a politician for the next 40 years. Every decision he makes will be calculated. He will run for a 2nd term, and every decision he makes in his first term will reflect is electability the 2nd term. He may vote for a "popular decision" but it isn't right for the economy, whereas, it is my belief that McCain won't care if he's liked or not because he probably won't get a 2nd term.

It all boils down to what you, as the individual, think will make the better decisions for our country. Not just the poor or middle class but the country as a whole. We need someone who will be more agressive and not give a hoot about what other people think. We need someone who is willing to take risks by going against the popular vote.

This is of course all speculation. Obama could be a great president. I don't know. Nor do I know if McCain will be able to get the job done. Aside from all the crap that people are writing on here for either candidate, I really can't tell who will be the better president. We can only hope that our judgement will ultimately choose the right president who he himself can also make good judgements about the economy, the issues, and choosing the right people in his cabinet to help him make these decisions.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,409 times
Well put Foma. I am backing Obama for many reasons, but your last sentence really states my reasons for wanting him to be our president. He has excellent judgement and will put the right people in his cabinet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections