Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

This was good..

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - The Argument Against Idiots: An Administration We Can Be Proud Of

Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments
1. That's true. What we really need is a President who thinks there are 57 states, not counting the one he hasn't been to, and Alaska & Hawaii, which he wasn't allowed to visit, who also said his uncle liberated Auschwitz, when that was actually done by the Red Army.

2. Joe Biden just said that FDR was President in 1929 (it was Herbert Hoover) and made announcements on TV, which wouldn't even be purchased for commercial development by RCA until 1939. Last week he told a wheelchair bound state senator to stand up and take a bow. Are these the geniuses you want in office?

3. Do you disagree with that? I don't have any anti-fish agenda. I was a little alarmed though, when Joe Biden seemed to threaten Barack Obama by telling him he going to "have a problem" if he tried to take his Beretta shotgun away from him...that was a little weird.

4. You're right! I'm gonna have to agree with you this time. So, I'll tell you what...come November, let's elect McCain-Palin and we'll get rid of ALL of the above!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Glenn Beck is a sick twisted freak, with no credibility whatsoever.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Glenn Beck is a sick twisted freak, with no credibility whatsoever.
Attack ad homium!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Glenn Beck is a sick twisted freak,
So obviously you listen to him for the entertainment value. (and dont pretend you dont listen because only his listeners would know he calls himself that)

Other then that, can you debate the issue, or is name calling about as far as you get?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Let's see. Joe Biden makes one error vs. Sarah Palin not having made one truthful statement yet.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Let's see. Joe Biden makes one error vs. Sarah Palin not having made one truthful statement yet.
ONE error?

He eats at a restaurant thats been closed for 15 years
He told a guy in a wheel chair to stand up
He said that someone was on tv during the great depression
He couldnt even name the right president during that great depression
He told someone else that Obama better not take his berretta gun
He said that he himself was unqualified to be VP, and that Clinton should have been picked

Thats more then 1, and I dont even follow the man..

Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
Sheer idiocy. I haven't seen such stupid reasons for anything in a long while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
1. That's true. What we really need is a President who thinks there are 57 states, not counting the one he hasn't been to, and Alaska & Hawaii, which he wasn't allowed to visit, who also said his uncle liberated Auschwitz, when that was actually done by the Red Army.
He was tired. He meant '47.' Voting for someone else because of that is the choice of an idiot.

He wasn't allowed to visit Alaska and Hawaii? What kind of moron thinks that? And this argument is persuasive to you?

He said the wrong camp. But his uncle did help liberate a camp. You really want to jump on the equivalent of a typo? And base your vote on that? It's pathetic that you are that shallow.

Quote:
2. Joe Biden just said that FDR was President in 1929 (it was Herbert Hoover) and made announcements on TV, which wouldn't even be purchased for commercial development by RCA until 1939. Last week he told a wheelchair bound state senator to stand up and take a bow. Are these the geniuses you want in office?
He said FDR didn't go on TV complaining when the depression started. It's a twisted, simplistic, liar who twists that into this misquote. You should be ashamed.

Quote:
3. Do you disagree with that? I don't have any anti-fish agenda. I was a little alarmed though, when Joe Biden seemed to threaten Barack Obama by telling him he going to "have a problem" if he tried to take his Beretta shotgun away from him...that was a little weird.
Not weird at all. Many people feel that way. I bet you do, too.

Quote:
4. You're right! I'm gonna have to agree with you this time. So, I'll tell you what...come November, let's elect McCain-Palin and we'll get rid of ALL of the above!
This isn't even a reason. Three stupid reasons. People who fall for this crap are just plain dumb.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
Quote:
ONE error?

He eats at a restaurant thats been closed for 15 years
He told a guy in a wheel chair to stand up
He said that someone was on tv during the great depression
He couldnt even name the right president during that great depression
He told someone else that Obama better not take his berretta gun
He said that he himself was unqualified to be VP, and that Clinton should have been picked

Thats more then 1, and I dont even follow the man..
These are just as stupid as Glenn Beck. You twist statements and extend them to prove the point you want to make.

These are the statements of an intellectual fraud.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Sheer idiocy. I haven't seen such stupid reasons for anything in a long while.

He was tired. He meant '47.' Voting for someone else because of that is the choice of an idiot.

He wasn't allowed to visit Alaska and Hawaii? What kind of moron thinks that? And this argument is persuasive to you?

He said the wrong camp. But his uncle did help liberate a camp. You really want to jump on the equivalent of a typo? And base your vote on that? It's pathetic that you are that shallow.

He said FDR didn't go on TV complaining when the depression started. It's a twisted, simplistic, liar who twists that into this misquote. You should be ashamed.

Not weird at all. Many people feel that way. I bet you do, too.

This isn't even a reason. Three stupid reasons. People who fall for this crap are just plain dumb.
Oooh so he was tired.. Since when was that an excuse for stupid comments? Please point out ONE individual on the left going.. Ooh, Bush was tired when he said x..

A TYPO? You think that claims of him liberating the most famous camp was a TYPO? ooh, another "mistake".. woops..

No, he didnt say that FDR "DIDNT" go on tv, I heard the recording in full, nice try though at lying to cover up the truth..

Do you even know what a beretta is?

I dont know many who would "fall for this" but I do know many who wouldnt see the humor in pointing out the mistakes. Ironically the same individuals who point out such stupid mistakes in Republicans..

Old 10-06-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
These are just as stupid as Glenn Beck. You twist statements and extend them to prove the point you want to make.

These are the statements of an intellectual fraud.
These statements are true, even if you claim they arent.. They are mis-spoken words, cant you even admit that and see the humor? of course not.. its so much easier to call people stupid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections