Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 PM

493 posts, read 717,565 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Whoopi made a good point on the view and said that must mean that all of his students are guilty by association as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Are these the same people saying that this shows "bad judgement" on Obama's part the same people who said that McCain showed "bad judgement" with his association with Keating?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Not me. Keep talking, Sarah! Get the truth out there!
Yeah, because the base is too dumb to do their own research.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,592,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
The whole "guilt by association" argument just doesn't hold water very well. It seems like the McCain camp is just ready to throw the kitchen sink at Obama to see what will damage him. Didn't they learn that it doesn't work and it is a doomed strategy? Did Rev. Wright hurt Barack Obama? It may have a little bit for a little while...but Obama rebounded...big time! Guilt by assocation is just flawed all around. If you met someone who murdered someone in their past...does that make you a murderer? If you had a co-worker who committed fraud in their past...does that make you an accomplice to fraud?
Actually...maybe the Republican ticket should continue to focus on William Ayers & Jeremiah Wright. It's not going to get them anywhere. The American public will realize that they're being fooled with smoke & mirrors to distract them from the fact that John McCain and Sarah Palin don't have the solutions that Americans need.
So...nevermind. Keep your bulldog yapping John.

I think the McCain/Palin Republican ticket should focus their attention on Ayers all right--same pronunciation but different spellings:

1. ERRORS--Fess up you creeps. Admit your errors and talk about the real issues.

2. HEIRS---The HEIRS to the McCain/Hensley ( mostly Hensley ) fortune better tell daddy and mommy to focus their attention on the economy, if they know what's good for them. Let's just say the childrens' trust funds and inheritance may be substancially less, since the economy has fallen off a cliff.

3. LESS AIRS---Frankly, I'm tired of Cindy McCain's socialite AIRS. I've had enough of the Bushes AIRS, and I've had enough of Cindy Hensley McCain's AIRS. For once, let's not have such rich folks living in the White House. Yeah, Obama is not exactly poor but his wealth is not over 100 million dollars.

Cindy and John McCain are so out of touch with Main Street U. S. A. Cindy McCain wore a multimillion dollar outfit at the Republican Convention in St. Paul. How wonderful! Save your socialite ways for your Paradise Valley and Scottsdale friends.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008 for safe Change

All i can say is Vote for America!

McCain/Palin 2008!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,306,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post

McCain/Palin 2008!
Is America a write in candidate? Libertarian perhaps? Who is this America person you speak of...??

Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
I'm not tired in the least bit. The more they talk about Ayers, Wright, Alexander Berkman, Big Bill Haywood or Joe Hill, the more Palin/McCain demonstrate that they are suffering from a bankruptcy of ideas that no amount of cramming will bail them out of .

Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,592,078 times
Quote:

McCain/Palin 2008!

That's right! That's ALL YOU CAN SAY!

There's nothing more you can say, except to talk about nonissues.

Really! You mean, Vote for America is the real reason someone should vote for McCain. Your candidate and party are in worse shape than I thought.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Not me! I want to hear more of how and why mr.obama is so closely tied to so many horrible people! Ayers, Rev. Wright & the list goes on!
Me too! I want to hear more. I'm still trying to figure out how someone with character and personal integrity goes to a church with a racist, America hating pastorfor 20 years. I wouldn't have stayed there for 10 minutes.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Nope - Sarah Palin needs to keep it up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections