Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,685,450 times

Advertisements

I will say we are all lucky that we were not aborted. Please do not box in all who must vote their conscious and moral decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Oh you should read what the liberals say in YouTube if McCain wins. (chilling/scary)
I don't take much stock in what's said on YouTube. I may be wrong, but I find YouTube to be filled with very young, very freakish individuals. There are obviously old people on there too (I've left comments, so there's your proof right there), but if you read the idiocy, the snap judgments, the jeering and how even the girls call one another "dude," you have to assume there's a fairly sizeable population on there of disgrunted, outcast or just plain bored 13-year-olds saying "whatever" to shock people.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,284,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
"At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy.""

Gotta love 'em.

Dana Milbank - Unleashed, Palin Makes a Pit Bull Look Tame - washingtonpost.com
Yeah, but it's definitely not about race. No sirree bob. Not about race.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,327,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
McCain/Palin camp should not tolerate that mob mentality.

When McCAIN asked, "Who is Barack Obama?"

Someone yelled, "Terrorist!"

He should have said, "Terrorist, we don't know. But we know that Barack Obama is not the president of the United States and will not be the president of the United States."

Something to that effect.

When someone said, "Kill him!"

If Palin heard it, she should have said, "Sir, we cannot do that and we will not do or say that. But we will say that we can kill his chance to be the President of the United States."

Something to that effect.
She may not have heard it then, but if it's hit CD, I expect her to denounce it NOW. Has she?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
She may not have heard it then, but if it's hit CD, I expect her to denounce it NOW. Has she?
They should. It is the right thing to do.
They should say that the McCain/Palin camp will not tolerate such actions.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 PM

No, but she will. Of course she will. Otherwise, she will look like the monster that she is.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,327,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
"At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy.""

Gotta love 'em.

Dana Milbank - Unleashed, Palin Makes a Pit Bull Look Tame - washingtonpost.com
That is some scary stuff. Kind of fun to watch these two implode, though.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,685,450 times
What had been a most interesting election has become more of a hand over the eyes experience.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:38 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,662,434 times
I was horrified when I heard both those clips. Did you see the look on McCain's face after the guy shouted that out? He was totally endorsing what the guy said just by the look and shrug he gave.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM

The McCain/Palin "campaign" has degenerated into a campaign of lies and slander. In every single speech they give, they don't even address the issues. It's just "OBAMA THE TERRORIST" and how Obama is "scary" and "different than you and me." It's a campaign of hate. That's all it is. And their base loves it. Who cares about the issues? Let's keep that dirty black terrorist out of the White House! Yeah, man! Get outta' the way, boy! Despicable.

I'm pretty sure than even Reagan is turning in his grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections