Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:04 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,018,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What Questions would you like to hear in Tonight's Debate?

Please Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults.
Ageism--as has become apparent from the Obama generation--has become the acceptable prejudice in this country--40+'s are losing their jobs to 20-somethings with half the experience and education, yet, when the 40+'s are forced to take lesser jobs b'c of this, they're told they're 'over qualified' and passed by. What do they expect these well-educated, well-trained, hard-working, established professionals to do if not resort to welfare to survive? How will this be addressed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 04:05 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,253,261 times
Quote:

Please Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults.
Senator Obama...your economic plan proposes to raise taxes on millions of small businesses like mine from 35% up to 52%. Why do you believe you, if elected as President, have the right to take over half of the money my my company makes, and more importantly, what do you think will happen to the already unstable economy when you raise these taxes, and us millions of small business owners have to lay off employees, and can no longer afford benefits like retirement plans and health insurance for the employees that we manage to keep on board.

Thank you in advance for your answer Senator Obama.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times
Quote:

I said that they need to focus on ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,312,266 times
No matter what the question is, I would simply like them to ANSWER it. All four candidates (but especially McCain and particularly Palin) have failed to answer direct questions, and it frustrates me to no end.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:09 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,616,189 times
Wink ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I said that they need to focus on ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Form of - A Question

Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,253,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Senator Obama...your economic plan proposes to raise taxes on millions of small businesses like mine from 35% up to 52%. Why do you believe you, if elected as President, have the right to take over half of the money my my company makes, and more importantly, what do you think will happen to the already unstable economy when you raise these taxes, and us millions of small business owners have to lay off employees, and can no longer afford benefits like retirement plans and health insurance for the employees that we manage to keep on board.

Senator Obama...in the last debate you wore a bracelet that belonged to a military veteran of Iraq, even though the family that gave you that bracelet asked you not to wear it or use it for political purposes. Why then, did you go against this military families wishes on national television and do just that?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,663,530 times
From what I've heard the audience members can only ask one question and then their mic gets cut. So far there have been some great suggestions here and I would only add for both candidates:

Why is their a dedicated military brigade stationed on U.S. soil in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,238,663 times
Just once, I'd like to hear one of them ask if they can take a potty break.

Avoid race baiting, religious hangups, sexist agendas and debates....

Vote Libertarian

Old 10-07-2008, 04:18 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,446,757 times
To McCain: What is a worse situation, Pakistan or a nuclear Iran? I want to compare his answer to Palin's.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,584,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
To McCain: What is a worse situation, Pakistan or a nuclear Iran? I want to compare his answer to Palin's.
That's only if you can get an answer from Palin at all. She might want to talk about energy instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections