Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
I don't know if McCain will look at Obama during the debate.

However, I am fairly confident that Obama won't look at McCain during the debate. Because McCain won't be running the teleprompter.
No teleprompter tonight. Townhall format.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
wow folks, dont get much more racist then that

Racism is all they have left, makes one think that's all they ever had......

Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
wow folks, dont get much more racist then that
How in the world does that have anything to do with race? Obama makes me sick too. Has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with his politics. Plenty of black folks out there I'd proudly vote for. Obama ain't one of them.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
See, this is what bothers me; I don't understand such visceral hate. I harbor no such feelings toward McCain, I simply think Obama is the better candidate. If I were to meet McCain, I would be honored to shake his hand, look him in the eye, and say 'hi'. Don't get me wrong, I'm saddened at the direction of of personal attacks both campaigns have taken, but ultimately I think Obama and McCain are both good and honorable men who simply have different opinions on the direction they would like to see the US go, I just happen to agree with one more than the other.
Obama does not HAVE the qualifications to become the President of the United Stated.
All he did was PROMISE YOU THE WORLD and you call that the better candidate.

YouTube - Newt DESTROYS Obama on Palin -- MSNBC, Obama get torn apart by former Speaker

Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,451,194 times
Look at Obama? Angry John will be doing well not to spit at him or throw a punch. I mean, the nerve of this young upstart, pulling further away from McCain in the polls every day.

I just hope, for everyone's sake, that the old dude doesn't have some kind of attack on stage. I mean, his blood pressure had got to be sky high at this point.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:29 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Oh lighten up ppl....and fishy of course you'd turn it racial.....figures.

Who freekin' cares of he looks at Obama??? Is that now a new requirement???
Gee, I don't know. People generally look at each other when addressing them or shaking their hand, it's a form of respect. You know, that silly diplomacy and all, but hey, a President doesn't need that!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Oh lighten up ppl....and fishy of course you'd turn it racial.....figures.

Who freekin' cares of he looks at Obama??? Is that now a new requirement???
You make an ugly, hateful, low-class comment, then tell everybody else to lighten up?

Start with an apology.

The reason walidm asked the question is that McCain didn't look at Obama in the first debate, and it made him look small. It's a valid question to ask, now. Did McCain learn a lesson? Will he change course?

On the other hand, the McCain campaign has gotten really ugly this week. Will McCain want to look at Obama after smearing him?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,092,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Obama does not HAVE the qualifications to become the President of the United Stated.

YouTube - Newt DESTROYS Obama on Palin -- MSNBC, Obama get torn apart by former Speaker
I respectfully disagree. I've researched both Obama and McCain and both of them are qualified to be president. However after researching them on the issues that are important to me, I feel Obama represents my viewpoints better than McCain, and will therefore receive my vote. However, make no mistake, both candidates are qualified. A youtube video featuring Newt Gingrich is hardly what I call a reasonable argument on the 'fitness' of either candidate for the job.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you McCain supporters. This video has been referenced on here at least twice today and one, it's Newt Gingrich, the Republican adulterer has-been who no one cares about any more and two, it's video from the night of the Republican Convention. Everything Newt talks about on there--Sarah Palin was in charge of the Alaska National Guard, she turned down the Bridge to Nowhere--has been discredited. Can't you people defend your candidates on any more legitimate grounds?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Will Senator McCain look at Senator Obama in Tonight's Debate?

No. He'll smirk, fake-guffaw, blink way too hard/tweak continuously, and turn very red in barely repressed anger over and over again.

Business as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections