Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,040,289 times

Advertisements

OK. I see how Southern IL and IN are conservative. I can see Chicago and Gary being more Democratic.. But what about Indianapolis? And Bloomington (probably Dem because of IU)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,291,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
I also am wondering why Obama does not carry a state like Indiana easily? I am in the Northeast, so I am going on the assumption that if he carries IL, he carries IN...like NY/NJ.

Please no insults...just looking for an opinion from somebody in the region.
Well, Indiana is the birthplace of the KKK and still has a very, very right-wing segment of the population (more in the southern part of the state, I believe). Nevertheless, I believe the race in IN is getting closer.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,595,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the state. Rasmussen has Obama up by 13 points and other polls have him around the same.

Pennsylvania
M-41, O-54

When McCain's younger friend, Ben Franklin, tell him Pennsylvania is a hopeless cause.

Like tomorrow!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
OK. I see how Southern IL and IN are conservative. I can see Chicago and Gary being more Democratic.. But what about Indianapolis? And Bloomington (probably Dem because of IU)
Well, I think Inidanapolis is semi-liberal. Not as liberal as most large cities, not as conservative as rural Ind. I lived in central Illiniois; we called Indianapolis "Indian-no-place"! Bloomington is only about 70,000 people, not enough to make much of a "splash".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections