Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:05 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,356,373 times

Advertisements

All terrorists. Hope none of them ever run for President. Wait, the Republican ones are fine. What sheer, desperate nonsense. While Rome burns.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,968,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Do they sell them next to the bow ties that stupid looking baboons wear?
In plain language can you explain exactly who are the baboons?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,547,427 times

Episodic Notoriety–Fact and Fantasy « Bill Ayers

3. Imperialism. I’m against it, and if Sean Hannity and others were honest, this is the ground they would fight me on. Capitalism played its role historically and is exhausted as a force for progress: built on exploitation, theft, conquest, war, and racism, capitalism and imperialism must be defeated and a world revolution—a revolution against war and racism and materialism, a revolution based on human solidarity and love, cooperation and the common good—must win.

"Your Utopian solution to your abject misery.
"

The part he forgets to tell you:

This Utopian solution is the same thing that killed 150 million last century.

2. Terror. Terrorism—according to both official U.S. policy and the U.N.—is the use or threat of random violence to intimidate, frighten, or coerce a population toward some political end. This means, of course, that terrorism is not the exclusive province of a cult, a religious sect, or a group of fanatics. It can be any of these, but it can also be—and often is—executed by governments and states. A bombing in a café in Israel is terrorism, and an Israeli assault on a neighborhood in Gaza is terrorism; the September 11 attacks were acts of terrorism, and the U.S. bombings in Viet Nam for a decade were acts of terrorism. Terrorism is never justifiable, even in a just cause—the Union fight in the 1860’s was just, for example, but Shernan’s March to the Sea was indefensible terror. I’ve never advocated terrorism, never participated in it, never defended it. The U.S. government, by contrast, does it routinely and defends the use of it in its own cause consistently.

Then the guy has the nerve to write this. Who here advocates violence to solve violence for your "social justice". Let's not forget in his own words "guilty as sin, free as a bird".

This felon is no better than a gang warfare. Where someone get's shot and you do drive by shootings for "social justice". This is the type of things you people would seriously defend? Would you be defending the crips or the bloods?

You want this guy teaching anyone? If he hadn't bombed people and was a pedophile would you want your children around him? After all he was not found guilty but in his case would be wearing a NAMBLA badge of honor.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,114,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Just the ones he taught to set the bombs to kill and maim government workers. He has said he is "unrepentant" and "wishes he had done more".

Here is a photo of Bill stomping on an American Flag to promote his book in 2001
[IMG]http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...res_ayers1.jpg[/IMG]
I'm fairly certain his Department Chair would have something to say if he submitted a course syllabus that included bomb-making as part of the expected competencies upon completing one of his courses.

Going by this logic though, not only are most of the students of UIC's Education Department cavorting with terrorists, then so is the Chicago Board of Education, the Mayor of Chicago, and the University of South Carolina's Education Department (who have invited him to speak on their campus several times over the past decade), as is every institution, board, or entity that have invited him to speak over the years on the subject of urban education.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,628,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnymonty View Post
... does that make every elementary education major that took classes with Ayers at U of Illinois at Chicago... TERRORISTS IN TRAINING?

Answers please
It depends. Many of my professors were liberals, but I did not agree with their viewpoints or perspectives and thus did not become a liberal.

Some of my friends did not have fully developed or reasoned beliefs and accepted the liberal arguments and did in fact become liberals.

So the answer to your question is that possible some of them were terrorists in training if they drank the koolaid of Ayers' belief system and accepted his beliefs as their own. I would expect many others were probably more mature and recognized the falsity of his logic and rejected the arguments and continued on with their beliefs and values intact.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:37 PM

89,511 posts, read 45,185,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
He has led an exemplary life after a youthful radical period...
Sorry, I don't think dumbing down disadvantaged kids in a selfish, self-centered homage to one's own self-righteous radical beliefs is 'exemplary'.

What have Ayers and Dohrn been up to since their bombing glory days?

Quote:
In 1980, Bill Ayers and his partner Bernardine Dohrn came up from the underground—the Weather Underground, that is. It had been a wild ride for the Bonnie and Clyde of the sixties New Left. They first went into combat during the 1969 “Days of Rage” in Chicago, smashing storefront windows and assaulting police officers and city officials in the fantasy that they were aiding their Vietnamese allies by “bringing the war back home.” They spent the next few years planting bombs at government buildings around the country, including in restrooms at the Pentagon and the Capitol. When their little war against America sputtered to a halt, the revolutionary couple rationalized that at least they had not caused any deaths. But three of their comrades had blown themselves up in a Manhattan townhouse while preparing a bomb to detonate at a dance at the Fort Dix army base.
Ayers has acknowledged committing crimes during his underground days—crimes that arguably amounted to treason. Yet thanks to procedural complications and a lack of witnesses, he never went to trial or to jail. A few years after stepping out of the shadows, Ayers reflected on his odyssey in a conversation with journalists Peter Collier and David Horowitz: “Guilty as hell, free as a bird—America is a great country,” he exulted.

The readings that Ayers assigns are as intellectually stimulating and diverse as a political commissar’s indoctrination session in one of his favorite communist tyrannies. The reading list for his urban education course includes the bible of the critical pedagogy movement, Brazilian Marxist Paolo Freire’s Pedagogy of the Oppressed; two books by Ayers himself; another by bell hooks, a radical black feminist writer and critical race theorist; and a “Freedom School” curriculum. That’s the entire spectrum of debate.

The ex-Weatherman glimpsed a new radical vocation. He dreamed of bringing the revolution from the streets to the schools. And that’s exactly what he has managed to do.
Like many other tenured and well-heeled radicals, Ayers keeps hoping for a revolutionary upheaval that will finally bring down American capitalism and imperialism. But now, instead of planting bombs in bathrooms, he has been planting the seeds of resistance and rebellion in America’s future teachers, who will then pass on the lessons to the students in their classrooms.

MOD CUT
More:
The Ed Schools’ Latest—and Worst—Humbug by Sol Stern, City Journal Summer 2006

Last edited by InformedConsent; 10-07-2008 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: too much extracted from copyright article

Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,045,278 times
Is this supposed to make us think? The only thing it makes me think is, are you kidding? This is your argument?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM

31,692 posts, read 41,138,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnymonty View Post
... does that make every elementary education major that took classes with Ayers at U of Illinois at Chicago... TERRORISTS IN TRAINING?

Answers please
Yesss and they are teaching the children of America oh my oh my and no wonder they are voting Obama. The shame of it all.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:48 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,230,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
It depends. Many of my professors were liberals, but I did not agree with their viewpoints or perspectives and thus did not become a liberal.

Some of my friends did not have fully developed or reasoned beliefs and accepted the liberal arguments and did in fact become liberals.

So the answer to your question is that possible some of them were terrorists in training if they drank the koolaid of Ayers' belief system and accepted his beliefs as their own. I would expect many others were probably more mature and recognized the falsity of his logic and rejected the arguments and continued on with their beliefs and values intact.
Arrogant putz.

Your third paragraph proves absolutely that you don't have very much reason. You probably sat around discussing Ayn Rand and thought you were so much smarter than everyone else because you saw the TRUTH!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,835,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Yesss and they are teaching the children of America oh my oh my and no wonder they are voting Obama. The shame of it all.
All these little unrepentant obamotron youths should reck their havoc by stock piling the nations tin foil supplies so the McCainiacs are forced to be inundated with electromagnetic frequencies carrying packets of normalcy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections