Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,981,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
No, promoting the killing of any candidate is not a good thing. This is why we VOTE in America, so we don't have to kill people! Obama, if elected will be as well protected as any president. Any president is always under threat, 24/7. There are nuts all over the world. If it is uncovered that Obama does indeed have terrorist ties, that are confirmed, congress with take the proper steps and get Obama out of there. And don't think this won't happen. Obama and his camp are hiding stuff and it needs to come out now, before the election, not after!

I will say I am genuinely concered about Obama's connections. I'm sorry but this guy has too many close intimate connections with very radical groups and individuals for it to be innocent! I don't buy it.
Um, way to stay on topic. How about you go into another thread with your ignorant fear-mongering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,172,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If Palin is hungry, she will go track down a moose for supper. Maybe Obama should go along with her. She could teach him a little bit about being self sufficient and not expecting the government to meet your every need.
Palin got $30,000 in the Alaska oil payoffs. Did she return it and say, "I'm too independent, I eat pine cones to survive and don't need this money".

Did she give the money back?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,981,207 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think the MSM would report that even if they did?
of course they would - it's good news. Just as SOME reporters have covered the "Kill him!' and "terrorist" incidents. But I'm shocked it's not more widely known.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,970,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Because it was one man, that's all. There are always going to be a nutcase or two at events like this, it's nothing new.

I do think Palin should have stopped for a moment to say something. She could have said something light, like "You know I love hearing all this passion but don't do anything that'll get ya tossed in jail, because for Pete's sake we need you to vote, dontcha know."
Which is not to say that even having one man shouting "kill him" is acceptable. It's definitely not acceptable. I presume the security forces dealt with it.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,446,757 times
Yes, it absolutely petrifies me. However, I do not hold Palin responsible (and I am not a fan of hers). She is no more responsible for what someone in the crowd might shout out just as Obama is not responsible for what terrorist countries might support him.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Palin got $30,000 in the Alaska oil payoffs. Did she return it and say, "I'm too independent, I eat pine cones to survive and don't need this money".

Did she give the money back?
Whether you like her or not, Sarah and Todd Palin can take care of themselves if they have to.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,678,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Wrong. She has received death threats! CNN did a segment about her SS protection.
As every Presidential and VP candidate does... now when did an Obama supporter shout out a threat at a rally?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I think they'd be pissed, but I don't think anybody would start holding rallies where people suggest KILLING McCain. Plus this is a hypothetical situation.
This hate speech against Obama is occuring NOW. At rallies for the Republican ticket!!! I'm terrified for Obama if/when he wins. he better have the best secret service details on earth.
No possibility of riots if their candidate does not win?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,678,074 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think the MSM would report that even if they did?
There would be a report somewhere. You honestly think the MSM would ignore a death threat shouted out at a rally, simply because it was against Palin? Please.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,923,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Um, way to stay on topic. How about you go into another thread with your ignorant fear-mongering.
Ha! What joke. You started this thread as an "ignorant fear-mongering" post, based on unrelated content. I come in and here and state something factual and you accuse me of the same thing you did in the content of an entire thread? More liberal hypocrisy! There may have been some random person shout out something bad at a Republican rally and you are trying to equate it to the entire Republican party! Give me a break already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections