Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,283,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not here to debate the issue of Iraq, but if its not ok to invade a sovern nation (the big argument against Iraq), that would also include Afghanistan. You cant in one sentence say you cant invade Iraq because they didnt have WMD's and then justify that we should have invaded Afghanistan which was never accused of having WMD's.
Iraq was not a threat. Afghanistan was home to those who attacked America. Big difference. Al Quieda had no significant Iraq presence before US invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareef2679 View Post
Thats what you do, I work with over 200 small business, all of them are one person shops. Some of them, we help grow the business, most of them are just Consultants that found out if they incorporate, they save money.
Wait, you work with OVER 200 small businesses, who HIRE you to incorporate?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
Iraq was not a threat. Afghanistan was home to those who attacked America. Big difference. Al Quieda had no significant Iraq presence before US invasion.
Please re-read the 911 commission report, because they state otherwise..

Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 AM

14 posts, read 13,960 times
Quote:
Wait, you work with OVER 200 small businesses, who HIRE you to incorporate?
No, go back and re-read my first post... Think about, then get back to me.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
No, go back and re-read my first post... Think about, then get back to me.
I did.. lets recap shall we..

"Well, I work in contracts, and we Sub contract 80-90% of our work to Small businesses. And the majority of the Small business concerns are one man shops that make under 250K per year."

Small businesses usually need to hire employees to help, or contract their work out to others, either case, they are employing someone..

Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I did.. lets recap shall we..

"Well, I work in contracts, and we Sub contract 80-90% of our work to Small businesses. And the majority of the Small business concerns are one man shops that make under 250K per year."

Small businesses usually need to hire employees to help, or contract their work out to others, either case, they are employing someone..
LOL, thats not always true. Again, companies that I listed are all ran by one person, they don't have G&A or Overhead cost.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
LOL, thats not always true. Again, companies that I listed are all ran by one person, they don't have G&A or Overhead cost.
Note, I'm banging my head against the wall here..

The companies that you listed are not "majority" of small businesses, and I would probably assume they are companies that you have been hired by to provide a service for..

Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,973,306 times
Quote:
Considering Foreign Policy, I suppose we used diplomacy, but we didn't use it correctly. It's like when you have a disagreement with someone, you don't walk up, start a polite conversation, and then when it looks like they'll be peacefull but not friendly, suddenly you punch them in the face. Through the UN we learned that Iraq was not hiding WMDs. We still have no reason to believe they were. We used diplomacy, without a drop of bloodshed and found out the same thing we now know 4,000 american graves later. See where I'm going with this?
Actually, the UN agreed and believed they had them. Congress agreed they had them. Most of the countries (minus the ones dealing under the table for obvious reasons Russia, Germany, China, France) believed they had them. You can quote 20/20 hindsight and that we should have checked things better after the fact, but we had everyone on board in belief, even before Bush was in office.

Not only that, but we did everything by the book. As I said, for 10 years we imposed sanctions and played the game with him. He had already showed aggression in his attempt on Kuwait. He openly defied the inspectors and consistently mouthed off about his willingness to wipe out Israel and the US. He had openly proclaimed support for terrorism and funded it openly through indirect manners. And he (true or not) proclaimed to the world he was working on technologies to destroy his enemies (US and Israel). As I said he also showed extreme humanity violations to his own people.

We filed did the steps and the only reason we finally went in (and we didn't go in alone, we had the support if I remember right of over 32 countries who assisted be it in direct troop support, financial or other aid means) and did something about it is because we were being blocked by the obvious corrupt dealings of key nations who were violating the sanctions and stalling our attempt at a diplomatic solution.

Now, what would you do additionally that you think would make a difference? That is what I originally asked you. Saying you would apply more diplomacy is not an answer, but an evasion. What specifically do you think could have been done under those circumstances?

Quote:
To be blatantly honest, economy is not my strongest suit. It seems like Obama would eliminate capital gains tax for small businesses, but I'm not quite sure what he considers "small". He also supports a $500 per worker tax credit to help with the double taxation involved in payroll taxes. This should releave some of the burden on small business owners. All of this does depend on his description of small business, but I can't seem to find the Obama definition of it.
And that is a key problem. You see, if the target area of small businesses is such a small area, then the "break" is limited in its usefulness and for overall purposes isn't helpful as it claims to be. As I said, many businesses make over that amount and keep in mind our biggest complaint about small businesses and their hardships. They are the bulk of business in the US, they provide a large amount of the jobs and local incomes to the cities and states.

Too small and we miss the target and we end up making things worse. Small business drives this country, but a failure to recognize what that is can have dire consequences.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Note, I'm banging my head against the wall here..

The companies that you listed are not "majority" of small businesses, and I would probably assume they are companies that you have been hired by to provide a service for..
I was kinda bumpin my head when you stated that the attacker of 9/11 died in the plane crash, which is why we shouldn't invade Afgan... LOL, ur kinda funny!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 AM

395 posts, read 511,695 times
I like how McCain complained about Obama's health care because the "government would be involved", but then he goes on saying that it's the government's job to fix the economic situation. Does he want the government or not involved with issues? Or only when it supports his agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections