Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:06 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,731,028 times

Advertisements

People in my neighborhood are actually AFRAID to show their support for Obama...we live in, what used to be, a red state...NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 AM

183 posts, read 256,509 times
We had our Kerry sign repeatedly stolen 4 years ago until finally someone told us to put dog crap around the bottom where the sign was put in the ground and to smear vaseline around the edges of the sign and put in staples (with the pointy ends through the front of the sign).

Don't know if it was coincidence or not, but it didn't get stolen after that.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
People in my neighborhood are actually AFRAID to show their support for Obama...we live in, what used to be, a red state...NC

I'm kind of afraid... I live on a couldesac in a rural area and EVERYONE has McCain/Palin and Yes on 8 PROTECT MARRIAGE signs all over their yards. I've already had signs stolen, so we've decided to buy a HUGE piece of plywood and put it on 2x4s in front of our house (it doesn't disrupt traffic...there isn't any, really) and paint it. That might be a little harder to steal

I'm just afraid of my car being keyed (happened to a friend of mine) or property being stolen or broken etc. (last election my mailbox was stolen and the stump had a 'Flush the Johns' sticker on it as we had a sign that said Kerry/Edwards')

Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,374,535 times
I am pretty much convinced that my neighbors, a gay couple, were "afraid" to put up an Obama sign. After mine had been up for a couple of weeks, they got brave and decided to do so, too. It is a REAL SHAME that people in this country, of ANY persuasion, need to be afraid to exercize their right to free speech! If that doesn't say something about the need to change directions, politically, what does?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,724,857 times
We're literally surrounded by McCain signs (older folks who like him). We've had some obsenities hurled at us today from a car window. I don't think many people know how to lose gracefully.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:57 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,908,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Where I live, alot of democratic or Obama supporters are having their Obama/anti McCain lawn signs stolen. Do you think this election is causing some of them to go off the deep end enough to start stealing signs from people's property?
There's a woman up the street who's had her Obama sign stolen 3 times. She left a note next to the new one "Please think twice before you steal this sign again;God is watching you." LOL.

Well, hey....times are tough, and money is scarce. I needed some cheap siding for the shed I'm building. And next week I gotta build a new dog-house...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections