Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 04:40 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,948,924 times

Advertisements

I received a letter in the mail today from the McCain camp/RNC and it bled with desperation. The words urgent, immediate, desperate and right now were used over and over and underlined numerous times. They were asking for money (of course) and said they needed 30 million in the next 15 days (I figure they owe a loan shark and want to save their knee caps).

My father received an automated phone call (aren't unsolicited automated calls requesting money illegal?) today as well with talks of Obama being a terrorist supporter, wanting to bomb local stuff and being the downfall of the country.

I am extremely embarrassed for the McCain camp. this kind of desperation is really bad and it shows with all of the key words, lies and pleading. I am a registered independent and this is just a sad, sad thing for me to see.

I don't plan on voting for either boob but this makes me think that McCain is really tanking and scared of losing to Obama. He loses this election he may as well give up being a senator or politician all together. Poor old guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,620,903 times
Wait 'till you get the gloomy "paying higher taxes patriotic" one that a high school kid outside debunked...

Old 10-16-2008, 04:44 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,948,924 times
I have received Obama ones too (read and throw out) but this one was bad. It would have been better if hand delivered with someone offering to wash my feet.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:46 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,633,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I received a letter in the mail today from the McCain camp/RNC and it bled with desperation. The words urgent, immediate, desperate and right now were used over and over and underlined numerous times. They were asking for money (of course) and said they needed 30 million in the next 15 days (I figure they owe a loan shark and want to save their knee caps).

I am extremely embarrassed for the McCain camp. this kind of desperation is really bad and it shows with all of the key words, lies and pleading. I am a registered independent and this is just a sad, sad thing for me to see.
How about the AFL/CIO mail-out that reminds everyone that this a RACE. The pun was fully intended by them and repeated and italicized. More than pathetic. More than hateful.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:49 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,706,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

My father received an automated phone call (aren't unsolicited automated calls requesting money illegal?) today as well with talks of Obama being a terrorist supporter, wanting to bomb local stuff and being the downfall of the country.

I don't plan on voting for either boob but this makes me think that McCain is really tanking and scared of losing to Obama. He loses this election he may as well give up being a senator or politician all together. Poor old guy.
Do you expect more from a campaign that has already, over the past few weeks, shown that they realize they're going to lose this election, and are desperately doing everything they can to incite fear and attempt to portray Obama as an evil, unAmerican, terroristic hazard to the White House? Are you really surprised by their scare tactics and fear-mongering?

Begging for money is the next logical step for their poor excuse of a campaign. (no pun intended.)

289 posts, read 362,594 times
Okay I am Canadian and agree I don't always understand your politics but I thought McCain couldn't ask for donations. Isn't he doing the same thing that he blamed Obama of doing last night?

2,500 posts, read 2,934,330 times
Funny... I live in the biggest city in the U.S.
Nobody ever calls. Nobody ever writes. Nobody ever stops me to ask me what I think or how I feel.
All of these polls and phone messages and paper trails and I don't get any of it.
It makes me feel soooooooooo lonely.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:56 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,089,995 times
TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Worst Yet? McCain Campaign Robocall Ties Obama To "Domestic Terrorist Bill Ayers"
The caller begins by announcing that he's calling on behalf of McCain and the RNC. the call continues:

"You need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans. And Democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his democratic allies lack the judgment to lead our country."

The call concludes by saying it was "paid for by McCain-Palin 2008 and the Republican National Committee."

As always the Republican dirty tricks to maintain the status quo for the elite and their stranglehold on America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections