Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 AM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
???????????What if the unthinkable happen?????????????
What a nightmare!
If for some reason McCain wins and he's not able to finish his term out, and Palin has to step to the plate as President - just how bad would things get? Things are bad already, but can you imagine how much worst it would get? Scary, scary, scary, scary.....

More than my heart can take just to imagine Palin & Todd running this nation, it would probably give me a heart attack if it actual happens.

What's your take? What the worst things you think would happen as a result of Palin & Todd (the power abusers) being in charge of this nation?
I think the image of the nation across the globe would continue to diminish. The US would seriously lag behind on environmental issues, relationships with other countries, technological advancements, gay rights, abortion rights, and expect her to fumble a few interviews here and there. What's worse is not her, but the thought of her semi-redneck hubby sitting in the oval office "running things." THAT scares the h*ll outta me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I have no doubt America would survive just fine.
Boy, I have my doubts. Guess I'd have to move to Canada. Imagine having someone president who is absolutely clueless!!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Clinton actually served more than 2 years as governor. Left the US with a surplus. And went to Georgetown, Yale and Oxford. He also dodged the draft, raped 4 women, and was responsible for 9-11

She has only served two years and went to 4 colleges in 3 states 5 times to finish one degree. She does not read newspapers and thinks Putin will rear his head over Alaska (not knowing he would come from the east to NY).
Hmmm who is worse?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hmmm who is worse?
Clinton is highly intelligent - Palin is a dummy, no matter what her so-called "accomplishments" are - you and I could also be President if SHE can be president!

Don't you feel smarter than Sarah Palin? I like having a President who's smarter than ME - don't you?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 AM

820 posts, read 1,202,731 times
Every problem has an elegant solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
???????????What if the unthinkable happen?????????????
What a nightmare!
If for some reason McCain wins and he's not able to finish his term out, and Palin has to step to the plate as President - just how bad would things get? Things are bad already, but can you imagine how much worst it would get? Scary, scary, scary, scary.....

More than my heart can take just to imagine Palin & Todd running this nation, it would probably give me a heart attack if it actual happens.

What's your take? What the worst things you think would happen as a result of Palin & Todd (the power abusers) being in charge of this nation?

Three easy steps:

1. She calls Colin Powell on the phone.
2. Offers him a job as "Special Advisor to the President".

3. Listens to what he says.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,722 times
That's why we have CIA and other secretive agencies. They step up to the plate when it becomes obvious that a president might be putting the entire nation at risk

Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 AM

48,125 posts, read 21,999,038 times
I believe if Palin were to stumble into the Presidency....it would be very quickly lead to her impeachment and the ascension of the Speaker of the House. President Pelosi.

In her short time as governor of Alaska she was found guilty of violationg the laws and ethics about using the power of office for personal agendas. Any doubt that she and the first dude would run amuck of the law withing months of hitting Washington.

That would be a fine example of the neo-cons being "hoist by their own petar". Such a moment in history!

Last edited by elston; 10-17-2008 at 11:47 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I believe if Palin were to stumble into the Presidency....it would be very quickly lead to her impeachment and the ascension of the Speaker of the House. President Pelosi.

That would be a fine example of the neo-cons being "hoist by their own petar". Such a moment in history!
Yes, I think she definitely would be impeached, fortunately. Go, President Pelosi!!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM

365 posts, read 525,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo.2000 View Post
i would build a fallout shelter with 10 foot wide concrete walls deep in a cave of west virginia. Stock up on beef jerkey, canned spinach, twinkies, books, and candles and come out in 4 years to see if everybody else survived.
:d lol!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,964,579 times
Impeachment proceedings to start immediately if that happened...and if that didn't happen I really would want to leave the country (omg, never thought I'd say that)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections