Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
Every problem has an elegant solution.

Three easy steps:

1. She calls Colin Powell on the phone.
2. Offers him a job as "Special Advisor to the President".

3. Listens to what he says.

Unfortunately I dont think she'd call Powell. She'd turn to whoever will have already moved in as her Grand Viziers and do what they tell her to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,394,915 times
Palin would be fine. She's sort of like a female George Bush but not as smart.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,326,000 times
Even a worse thought: what if OBAMA becomes President?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:28 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,039,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
???????????What if the unthinkable happen?????????????
What a nightmare!
If for some reason McCain wins and he's not able to finish his term out, and Palin has to step to the plate as President - just how bad would things get? Things are bad already, but can you imagine how much worst it would get? Scary, scary, scary, scary.....

More than my heart can take just to imagine Palin & Todd running this nation, it would probably give me a heart attack if it actual happens.

What's your take? What the worst things you think would happen as a result of Palin & Todd (the power abusers) being in charge of this nation?
My take: I'd be very, very sad to see Mr. McCain gone. However, I'm sure Gov Palin would be up for the challenge. She seems like a smart, brave person. If she picked Gov Jindal to be her VP I think our country would be in fantastic hands.

I have an idea for you: Follow the lead of those brilliant libs from Hollywood, Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon, etc. They moved to France after Kerry lost.

You guys on the left make me giggle.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,307,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
My take: I'd be very, very sad to see Mr. McCain gone. However, I'm sure Gov Palin would be up for the challenge. She seems like a smart, brave person. If she picked Gov Jindal to be her VP I think our country would be in fantastic hands.

I have an idea for you: Follow the lead of those brilliant libs from Hollywood, Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon, etc. They moved to France after Kerry lost.

You guys on the left make me giggle.
Sarah Palin is not "smart." In fact, she may be the most stupid person ever to run for the Vice Presidency; she doesn't believe in global warming (although they've told her to change her tune on that, publicly); she believes in witch doctors; she was found guilty of abuse of power in her role as Governor of Alaska; she has a third-rate education; she doesn't read; etc. And please don't confuse bravery with arrogance.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:18 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,039,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Sarah Palin is not "smart." In fact, she may be the most stupid person ever to run for the Vice Presidency; she doesn't believe in global warming (although they've told her to change her tune on that, publicly); she believes in witch doctors; she was found guilty of abuse of power in her role as Governor of Alaska; she has a third-rate education; she doesn't read; etc. And please don't confuse bravery with arrogance.
I think Gov. Palin is very smart.

I'm pretty sure she does read.

I don't care about her religion.

I think she handled the troopergate thing okay.

Her education is fine with me.

I don't confuse bravery with arrogance.

I'm sure you and other libs heads will explode when McCain wins and this idjit woman is VP.

Very, very funny. I can't wait to see the hysteria when all you smarty pants are confronted with the fact that The Golden Child is a fraud.

The next 3 weeks are going to be quite fun!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,801,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Did ALASKA fall off the edge of the earth???????

No!!!!

Alaska Crime Rates
Alaska Crime Rates 1960 - 2007

OBAMA's Chicago Area
Washington Times - Chicago: Murder rate sparks political spats
"Hey honey, the internet just told me that because Alaskan crime rates are lower than Chicago's, Sarah Palin will make a better president than Obama."

Reply: "The internet is retarded."

Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,707,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
she is already a governor, it would be the same job on a larger scale and all of mccains cabinet/experts would be appointed. nothing would change...she would have the best advice available to her. but he isn't going anywhere, he mother is still alive and driving a car.
Actually, Todd pokes his nose a lot into his wife's business. Todd's advice is going to be poor for the country. He has been a fixture at Sarah's office. Source: (Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, was a fixture at governor's office - Los Angeles Times)

But Atty. Gen. Talis J. Colberg, during his interview with Branchflower, was unable to explain the presence of the governor's husband at Cabinet meetings.

"If someone said that they have seen him at more than one or two Cabinet meetings, would that give you pause?" Branchflower asked.

"That would give me pause, but it's possible," Colberg responded.

"Are Cabinet meetings open to the public?"

"Not to my knowledge."

"Is Todd Palin a state employee, to your knowledge?"

"No."

"Do you know why he was allowed to remain there?"

"No."

Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 PM

24,538 posts, read 33,448,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Clinton actually served more than 2 years as governor. Left the US with a surplus. And went to Georgetown, Yale and Oxford.
He also left the U.S. with a recession.
Regarding the surplus... look up the Republican-written balanced budget amendment.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:43 PM

260 posts, read 574,749 times
Sara Palin because she walks softly and carries a big stick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections