Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:27 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,078,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So when an innocent child is struck down with cancer there's a reason and it was all done under God's control?

Thanks, but not my God.

NO NO NO

If a child has a disease or disorder, you have to help yourself find the treatment or cure. God will guide you to the treatment.

If you just sit there and do nothing, God will not guide you to the treatment.

THIS ACTUALLY WORKS !!!!!!!

If you see red flags and potential danger and you did not do anything, GOD will not help you.

If you see red flags and potential danger and you helped yourself stop the danger, then GOD will help/guide you find a way to stop the danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
NO NO NO

If a child has a disease or disorder, you have to help yourself find the treatment or cure. God will guide you to the treatment.

If you just sit there and do nothing, God will not guide you to the treatment.

THIS ACTUALLY WORKS !!!!!!!

If you see red flags and potential danger and you did not do anything, GOD will not help you.

If you see red flags and potential danger and you helped yourself stop the danger, then GOD will help you find a way to stop the danger.

I've seen far too much pain & suffering inflicted on those who've tried to help themselves and/or their child to believe this to be true.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:34 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,328,363 times
No. and Not. there is not a GOD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If you are a religious person, do you pray about elections? If so, have you prayed about past elections? If you have prayed about past elections, have you given God credit for having a hand in the outcome?

If you're praying that McCain wins this election and Obama wins instead, will you believe that God wanted Obama to win, or will you believe that some other force came into play. And if so, what?

Old 10-18-2008, 09:39 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,078,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I've seen far too much pain & suffering inflicted on those who've tried to help themselves and/or their child to believe this to be true.
A LOT OF PAIN And suffering go with helping yourself, just don't give up. People will throw stones and poke fun at you. But God will help you.

Look at what happened to slavery, gay rights, etc.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:44 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
A LOT OF PAIN And suffering go with helping yourself, just don't give up. God will help you.

Look at what happened to slavery, gay rights, etc.

OH NO! Let's not get God involved in gay-rights, that's sure to get the 'righteous' up in arms

At best I think earth is God's Ant Farm (that toy you may have had as a child), an amusement.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,085,843 times
If everything is God's will then you are saying disobedience to God's will is God's will and that the concept of hell and Lucifer are no longer relevant. I was always taught that heaven was God's to give and ours to lose. That we could never attain heaven by our acts, but our acts could keep us from God's side.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:04 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,948,345 times
I don't believe in any of it but from my days as a child I remember people asking why God doesn't end things like hunger, famine, death etc......and the answer was always that God left humanity to make it's own decisions. Why would it be any different for the election? This country covers the 7 deadly sins easily and with all of the death and destruction caused by our government why would you think that God has anything to do with it?

Think about this. If God was involved in our elections he must hate America because he put Bush in office for 8 years. Rev. Wright must have been correct then with 'God Damn America" because he damned us all with Bush.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:07 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,120,946 times
I talk with God about my concerns but, in the end, I just pray "Thy will be done."

And then I vote.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:14 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,558,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
GOD IS IN CONTROL...........We think we are but NO HE IS IN CONTROL,even if we don't like the outcome. There is a reason and GOD knows the reason !!!!!!
Then why are things in such a fricking mess?

Or is god like a kid on a sunny day with a magnifying glass and randomly frying ants on a sidewalk to see what the ants as a whole do.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:15 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,558,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I talk with God about my concerns but, in the end, I just pray "Thy will be done."

And then I vote.
Hopefully you utilize your ability to reason and your free will to make the decision of who you vote for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections