Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Well I guess I would've worded it "in the form of a two-way street" had I wanted to discuss how many people will switch from Obama to McCain at the last minute. Fact, is, I didn't want to know the answer to that question...I wanted to know the answer to my question, which was, in fact, legitimate. The TOS of this forum do not state that every question needs to worded so that both candidates are represented equally. I'm not interested in knowing the number of Obama supporters that will secretly vote for McCain...I'm interested in knowing how many McCain supporters will secretly vote for Obama. Can you not handle that?

Furthermore, I never claimed that I asked a "simple, unpartisan" question...I claimed that I asked a "legitimate question, in a non-defensive, non-aggressive, non-arrogant, unassuming way," which I most certainly did. Just because I didn't inquire as to both sides of this possible issue, does not mean that my question is illegitimate. I never said that I ONLY think this phenomenon will happen to help Obama. I just wasn't interested in discussing the number of people who will ultimately vote McCain. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

You're attempting to make an issue out of something that is not even an issue. And you're making yourself seem more and more ignorant the more you go on and on about how I didn't ask about people secretly voting for McCain. If you care so much about it, start a new thread addressing it, and quit dumbing down my thread.
Ok, dude, it's obvious...you have to have the last word...so here it is...take it...only don't blame me for dumbing down your thread....it didn't have far to go anyways based on the question. Can you just let it go now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 01:52 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
I don't see how any adult can fear stating whom he or she chooses as the candidate. If people don't like my choice, that's their problem. To answer the post, I would not vote for Obama because he is NOT the best choice for me or my country.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Do you think that there are many people who publicly claim to adamantly support McCain, but then, when they're alone in the voting booth (or at their kitchen table with their mail-in ballot), will actually vote for Obama because they know deep down that he is the best choice for themselves and our country?

I'm not necessarily talking about the Bradley effect or the reverse-Bradley effect. I'm not referring to racists or closet racists or non-racists or anything like that.

I'm referring more to these voters ultimately voting for Obama (even though they currently claim to be adamant McCain supporters) because once they're in that voting booth, they'll take the issues into consideration - the economy, healthcare, the war, taxes, education, etc - along with the temperaments and convictions of the candidates, along with the health and well-being of their families and fellow countrymen, for one final time, and they'll (possibly even begrudgingly) cast their vote for Obama, because deep down they know he is a far better choice than McCain.

What do you think?
I think there are people like that on both sides and they will cancel themselves out.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:22 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Quote:
Do you think that there are many people who publicly claim to adamantly support McCain, but then, when they're alone in the voting booth (or at their kitchen table with their mail-in ballot), will actually vote for Obama because they know deep down that he is the best choice for themselves and our country?

I'm not necessarily talking about the Bradley effect or the reverse-Bradley effect. I'm not referring to racists or closet racists or non-racists or anything like that.

I'm referring more to these voters ultimately voting for Obama (even though they currently claim to be adamant McCain supporters) because once they're in that voting booth, they'll take the issues into consideration - the economy, healthcare, the war, taxes, education, etc - along with the temperaments and convictions of the candidates, along with the health and well-being of their families and fellow countrymen, for one final time, and they'll (possibly even begrudgingly) cast their vote for Obama, because deep down they know he is a far better choice than McCain.

What do you think?

I think you're dreaming. And...quite brainwashed...

Old 10-19-2008, 02:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I think there are also people who say they are voting for Obama and will wind up voting for McCain. Also people who say they'll 'write in' or vote some other independent character and wind up picking one of the two.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
To answer the post, I would not vote for Obama because he is NOT the best choice for me or my country.
That doesn't answer the original post, but thanks for sharing.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:38 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I think you're dreaming. And...quite brainwashed...
How can a question demonstrate that I'm dreaming or that I'm brainwashed? Questions, inherently, can demonstrate neither of those things.

I didn't say everyone should think Obama is best. I asked the posters on this forum how many current McCain supporters they (the posters) think will change their (the voters) minds at the last minute because they will decide that Barack Obama is the best choice for THEM. I didn't say that every McCain supporter will decide such. I asked how many. The answer could be zero. Or it could be a million. I don't know, so I wanted others to lend their opinions regarding HOW MANY CURRENT MCCAIN SUPPORTERS WILL RETHINK THE IMPORTANT ISSUES IN THE VOTING BOOTH AND DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES THAT OBAMA IS A BETTER CHOICE FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? So many of you frothing Republicans can't seem to get your head around this concept. It's quite disturbing that you guys are having such issues dealing with the fact that I didn't include the "vice-versa" aspect of this concept in my question. If you're so upset about it, why not start your own thread about the possible Obama supporters who'll change their minds? What's stopping you?

My question was not an attempt to change anyone's mind or to push my ideologies onto anyone else...it was simply meant to give me insight into whether or not many people on this forum feel that many current McCain supporters will change their vote at the last minute. Is that too difficult to understand?

The fact that you inferred from my question that I implied that Barack Obama is the best choice for everyone, and that I was trying to push that idea onto you and everyone else on this forum, clearly demonstrates that not only am I NOT dreaming and not only am I NOT brainwashed, but that YOU ARE INDOCTRINATED to automatically think that a democrat cannot ask a question without attempting to sway your opinions or your ideals or your votes in some way.

That is pretty sad.

Last edited by Politico; 10-19-2008 at 03:46 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 05:51 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
a simple answer from me is that, "no, i won't be changing my mind and voting for obama".

Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
Quote:
That doesn't answer the original post, but thanks for sharing.
Post #42 doesn't answer the original question? I think it does but if you need my answer in no uncertain terms, "No, I will not change to voting for Obama when alone in the booth."

Old 10-19-2008, 10:40 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,494,404 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I has never happened before, it always the other way around.
He democrats are always high on the polls, but at the end is the other way around, and that is without the bradley effect imagine with the effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections