Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 04:40 PM

450 posts, read 502,892 times

Advertisements

Seriously this has been my biggest pet peeve of this ENTIRE ELECTION!
Whenever you argue QUALIFIED then someone else responds talking about EXPERIENCE!
Stop confusing the TWO!

For example when you are applying for a job and you send off your RESUME to a particular company....
That Company does not just look at your resume and say "HEY he's experienced let's hire him"
NO what do they do they call you in for an INTERVIEW to see if YOU ARE QUALIFIED for the JOB!
Do you see the difference?

My point is Sarah Palin could've been the Governor of Alaska for 20 years at her current state she would still be UNQUALIFIED for Vice-President or President of the United States.
It is so clear to SOOOO many people that she lacks knowledge and the intelligence to be at either of those positions.

I would bet any kind of money Sarah Palin could not point out Iran or Lebanon on a map! I am serious and I'm not being mean.
She is just not that intelligent (see her interviews where she said the most idoitics things ever said)
That is the single reason why she is not qualified! Not her experience!

Barack Obama experience is not a whole lot (to some people) but he is qualified because he has been vetted by the American Public and thousands of tough interviews (countless of times on Meet the PRess and even Fox News) and he has shown he has the Intellect and Intelligence level to be Qualified for President of the United States
Its that simple. Obama is a Genius! A Harvard grad! While Palin took a decade and 10 schools to Graduate in Communications!

There is no one here if you owned a corporation that would hire Palin with any amount of experience (who during her interviews with you seemed to have no clue about your company or your business) over Obama who is very intelligent and has shown many times that he is Qualified (by answering touch questions and by going through the entire interview process)!

My point is Qualified and Experience are not ONE in the same!

Matter of Fact Sarah Palin is SO UNQUALIFIED that many people are questioning whether John McCain is Qualified based on her pick ALONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 04:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Obama went to Harvard but will not release his grades, that hardly qualifies you for genius status. And even if he was, I'd rather stick with my vote, someone with common sense enouth over a genius..

So you just discounted his experience and qualifications all in the same posting...

Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama went to Harvard but will not release his grades
No need to, it is clearly obvious that he is smarter than McLame.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama went to Harvard but will not release his grades, that hardly qualifies you for genius status. And even if he was, I'd rather stick with my vote, someone with common sense enouth over a genius..

So you just discounted his experience and qualifications all in the same posting...
First I didn't say he was a Genius because he went to Harvard. He is a genius because of how intelligent he is!
How did I discount anything about his experience or his qualifications?

Go Ahead and stick with your vote you probably Voted the "Common Sense" (or so you thought) George W Bush twice!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
In your opinion, what qualifies Obama over Biden, Hillary, McCain, or even Romney? His law degree? His half-term as Senator which has been primarily spent campaigning? I am curious. In my mind, McCain is qualified. He has a combination of political experience and education, as well as life experience, to lead the country. Can you honestly in your heart say that Obama is more qualified than McCain?

Old 10-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No need to, it is clearly obvious that he is smarter than McLame.
Troll posting.. Let me guess, Democrat?

Old 10-19-2008, 04:53 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times
palin already administrates, she would be doing the same thing, lol. obama has never administrated unless you count the annenberg foundation that failed miserably and obama took the blame in the chicago tribune for. besides they had claims that millions of $ were reported "missing" under him.

obama has no experience.

i am sorry but i have no respect for a man who refuses o release ANY documents that wants to represent me and my country on a global level.

you think he is hiding now, just wait if he gets into office. YOU CAN NOT TRUST HIM.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
In your opinion, what qualifies Obama over Biden, Hillary, McCain, or even Romney? His law degree? His half-term as Senator which has been primarily spent campaigning? I am curious. In my mind, McCain is qualified. He has a combination of political experience and education, as well as life experience, to lead the country. Can you honestly in your heart say that Obama is more qualified than McCain?
First I did not say he was more Qualified to be President (because of his law degree) or did I say he was more qualified than Hillary, Joe, or John

I'm merely stating there is a difference between Qualified and Experience!

Discounting Qualified or Experience, I feel based on many things Obama will be the better President!

Secondly based on what you guys determine who to vote for, then George Bush (who is the MOST EXPERIENCED OUT of all of them) would be the best President for 2008!

Do you see my point you need to look at many aspects besides Experience....

George W Bush has more qualifications and experience than all candidates combined does that make him the best person to lead this country in 2008?

HELL NO! Thats my point!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
First I didn't say he was a Genius because he went to Harvard. He is a genius because of how intelligent he is!

Go Ahead and stick with your vote you probably Voted the "Common Sense" (or so you thought) George W Bush twice!
First, I didnt vote for Bush twice, stop the retarded assumptions, second, you did not give me proof of his intelligence. All you did was point at Palin, called her stupid, then held Obama up because he is not her. Thats far from proof, in fact your name calling and assumptions about the opponent did nothing but discredit your whole argument..

I own several corporations and I can tell you, I dont hire people who lie to me during the job interview process.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:56 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post

while he wasn't a favorite choice for anyone, he was the best one. did you forget about kerry and all his flip flopping for the election?

you need to quit nominating left wing extremists and "questionable" characters. clinton was a middle of the road demo and a respectable one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections