Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,144 times

Advertisements

Collin Powell was on "Meet the Press" today, and stated he will endorse Barack Obama for president.

He also stated that he doesn't feel Sarah Palin was a good VP choice for McCain, and he doesn't feel she is ready to be president.

You can read more about it here:

The Associated Press: Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

Quote:
Powell said McCain's choice of Palin raised questions about judgment.
"She's a very distinguished woman, and she's to be admired. But at the same time, now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president," he said. "And so that raised some question in my mind as to the judgment that Sen. McCain made."
Considering Colin Powell is one of the most respected men in the U.S., and has worked closely with presidents since Bush Sr, I think his opinion is very relevant.

Many people from all political parties, had hoped that Colin himself would run for president. Colin was always among the leading choices when people were asked who they would like to see run.

I personally believe that Colin fully knows the job of the president, and he can judge what qualifications are necessary for performing the job.

And Colin doesn't think Sarah Palin is ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
He supports Obama? There's a big freakin' surprise. I think I'll have a heart attack and die from that surprise.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Back in February they ran a poll of voters and Colin Powell's theoretical endorsement was the only government leader endorsement that would sway some voters.

Poll: Powell endorsement carries weight - UPI.com

Obama couldn't have received a better endorsement.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He supports Obama? There's a big freakin' surprise. I think I'll have a heart attack and die from that surprise.

Boy, one minute he's a GOP hero, an example of how your party welcomes hardworking, moral, upstanding minorities..... Then on a dime, he's a racist stooge.

19 more days and your party will be the weak powerless party it deserves to be.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
He was never my GOP hero.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
this can work against obama. colin powell was one of the chief architects of this war on iraq.

but it is a suprise. has condy endorsed anyone yet?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this can work against obama. colin powell was one of the chief architects of this war on iraq.

but it is a suprise. has condy endorsed anyone yet?
Independents and moderates are the only ones that can be swayed here and Powell has a great rating with them.

True though, I don't care for the guy that much myself because of his actions( or inactions) during the war, but I not going to kid myself that your average American knows that much about him.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,714,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
19 more days and your party will be the weak powerless party it deserves to be.
The stench of Constitutional ignorance is strong with you padawan.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:25 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,169 times
Maybe Obama can ask the former secretary of state to explain why he lied over and over and over again about the WMD's and got us into a war he knew damn well was based on premises as phony as a three dollar bill.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 AM

Don't know what Constitutional issues you are hinting at?

You lose the Presidendency, you lose the ability fo filibuster in the Senate by Dems gaining a 60 seat majority, and you have a 100 seat gap in the House.

That's where the GOP is headed. They don't need them to pass legislation.

The GOP can stand aside and go back to being the WATB that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections