Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times

Advertisements

This coming from Drudge Report.

DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2008®

Drudge is definitely biased, but he's usually right with his exclusives. Having the high-powered production team of O/Harpo working on this might make it very interesting.

My question though: Why have this run into and possibly delay the world series by 8 minutes? Why tick people off? Be generous Obama and pay for the 30 minutes, but cut it to 22 minutes long.

(cue trolls...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:44 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Aww, just think, if we have wait a few more minutes to start the game, then we can have more beer!!!!!!Go Obama, go Obama!!!!!! The Phils are in the series, so the miracles are already happening!!!! I will not watch because my heart is too old to handle it! Gooooooooooo Phils!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Aww, just think, if we have wait a few more minutes to start the game, then we can have more beer!!!!!!Go Obama, go Obama!!!!!! The Phils are in the series, so the miracles are already happening!!!! I will not watch because my heart is too old to handle it! Gooooooooooo Phils!!!
(Production mind going here) What they could do is end the video with Obama walking through a tunnel into Wrigley Field (in Chicago), and then switch to an actual live Obama rally going on at Wrigley Field in real time, with Obama walking out. Play Ball!!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:05 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
So not having Palin on her show and producing Obama's 30 min. spot.....and still saying she won't have any one on her program....or is she calling this different. I stopped watching Oprah while ago because of her being such a hypocrite....in many cases, this is just one of them.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So not having Palin on her show and producing Obama's 30 min. spot.....and still saying she won't have any one on her program....or is she calling this different. I stopped watching Oprah while ago because of her being such a hypocrite....in many cases, this is just one of them.
Exactly!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
I cannot stand Oprah but it would be a smart move on his part to let her do it. She's a smart businesswoman who certainly knows what sells and that's what campaigns are all about; selling your candidate.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Precisely! Wait....wha????

Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Eight extra minutes of suffering and doubt... wouldnt be a true Phils game without maximum fear.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
I used to love Oprah. I lost respect for her when she had the GET OUT THE VOTE show in 2004 which didn't SAY to vote for Kerry, but you knew full well that's what she meant. And then for a while her show was all "black" stuff - I mean black guests, black topics, just a lot of black stuff, and seemed to like Louis Farrakhan a lot and it just didn't appeal to me the kind of things she had on. I liked her show the way it used to be. Last year she came back to the kind of shows I liked and I started watching again. But she's changed. I used to think it was really cool that her fame and fortune had not affected her, how she was still so down to earth. Now I think it's finally gone to her head. She's not the same person she used to be. And it has nothing to do with her being black. I've never had a problem with her being black. Her shows that were focused on black topics were not of interest to me, but when she has topics I am interested in I've always liked watching Oprah.

But with her basically endorsing Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008, I have lost respect for her. I like to watch her show; I don't care who she wants for president and I don't like her trying to push that on her viewers. AND I think now she's not the same person she used to be. Sad, but not surprising that it would happen. I still think she's a heck of a lot more grounded than most people in her situation would be; I'm sure I would not have handled it as well as she has.

But I'm not a fan anymore.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
It's only a typical Drudge BS rumor ("**Exclusive**", "a source explains").

Below the headline it says Bill Putnam will produce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections