Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Whatta ya wanna bet those girls aren't knocked up by a high school drop-out?
And hey - if they do get knocked up no one will ever know, because mom will just take them for an abortion. No problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 05:28 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,329,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Too bad the parents used those girls for their own political agendas. I am careful not to influence my kids' political views; I want them to think for themselves and come to a conclusion for THEMSELVES as to who they think is the better candidate. I would not put a young child like some of those are in a video and give them a script to read that supported MY candidate. My kids are 19, 20 and 23 - and even at those ages I know they are still making up their minds. If I wanted to I could probably talk all of them into voting for McCain, but I care more about my kids than an election. I know they are still sorting through their own values and ideals and that their selection of a candidate needs to be based on conclusions they come to on their own. I could tell them all the reasons I am voting for McCain and they would probably see my point of view and vote for him. But I have been very careful to tell them to think things through for themselves and look at the issues and decide what is important to them and vote the way THEY want to. Even they do that and decide to vote for Obama that is fine with me; the important thing is that they learn to think for themselves. I think it is disgusting that parents and/or a political party use children as props like the ones who made that video did.
...it's especially distasteful when they parade them around on stage for, oh, I don't know...political rallies or debates at all hours of the night?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,970,578 times
In leftwing circles being pro-life is the equivalent of being a nazi, if not worst.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
...it's especially distasteful when they parade them around on stage for, oh, I don't know...political rallies or debates at all hours of the night?
If you were running for VP I'm sure you would want your family/children to be a part of it too. Watching your mother as a VP candidate is a little different than being enlisted to make a video to advance a political agenda. Barack's daughters were on stage too late at night too, weren't they? But that's okay, I guess. We see how much the left really supports and values women.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
In leftwing circles being pro-life is the equivalent of being a nazi, if not worst.
No, not being pro-life. Only when those radicals bomb clinics, harass women going into a clinic for an abortion or any other type of health care, tell people they're going to hell (if you believe in that), call people immoral....you get the picture. If you want to be pro-life, go right ahead. But please, keep your harassment away from others.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:38 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you were running for VP I'm sure you would want your family/children to be a part of it too. Watching your mother as a VP candidate is a little different than being enlisted to make a video to advance a political agenda. Barack's daughters were on stage too late at night too, weren't they? But that's okay, I guess. We see how much the left really supports and values women.
You must have missed the video of that girl waxing poetic about being a republican w/her proud parents sitting on the couch behind her. Yeah, like THEY'RE not pushing their agenda on her & telling her what to say.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No, not being pro-life. Only when those radicals bomb clinics, harass women going into a clinic for an abortion or any other type of health care, tell people they're going to hell (if you believe in that), call people immoral....you get the picture. If you want to be pro-life, go right ahead. But please, keep your harassment away from others.
But feel free to murder babies with impunity. They have no rights, anyway.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,329 times
I am sure it came from the heart what those girls said. Mom and Dad had nothing to do with what they said.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Aha, Democratic scare tactics. And young girls reading scripts written by NOW. Now, that's truly disturbing. Voters will backlash in Kansas against this scripted message.
VS. backwoods neanderthal women are a second class citizen thinking. You need to talk to they young people in this country, you would find that you are completely out of touch with their view of the world, and their opinions. The world of young women is not the freaks you see on Inside Edition and the other video trash spewing tabloids .

Kansas, and that church of freaks spewing pure hatred throughout the country. That jackass pastor Phelps has brainwashed people into the purest of hatreds, that based in religion. The represent only the worst of the mentally in our society (will a sincere apology to those with mental health issues).

Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You must have missed the video of that girl waxing poetic about being a republican w/her proud parents sitting on the couch behind her. Yeah, like THEY'RE not pushing their agenda on her & telling her what to say.
Okay. I didn't see that, but that's 2 parents, 1 child. How many girls were in that video this thread is about? A LOT! And if you are talking about just a home video then I don't see that the girl was necessarily being coerced to do it. Can you post a link to it so I can see it? Of my 3 kids, 2 of them no way would make a video like that even if they were for my candidate (well maybe if I paid them) and the other one definitely WOULD make the video with or without me because he has always been interested in politics, even since grade school, and has always been conservative/Republican thinking. He is the youngest of my three so it kind of puzzles me that he is more interested than his sisters in political things, but he is. In high school he was always debating his liberal teachers, confronting their statements, etc. I love that kid. I love the other two as well, but I love his spunk. I wouldn't need to tell him what to say and indeed he wouldn't want my help. His thoughts/words would be his own and better than anything I could script for him. And he just turned 19.

Last edited by luzianne; 10-21-2008 at 06:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections